f**k you Marko Ayr are staying up

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the politics comeback. You should get your hat, coat and tranquilizers and leave the party.

Away you go you rocket were are you thought you were going to come and abuse me to my face at the games?

Still waiting you absolute grade one rocket of a poster

Could someone maybe translate his posts into English. I'm really struggling.

I've tried but it's just not possible. Were should be where and I just add in a full stop here and there to allow myself to breathe/recover from the hysterics I'm in over some of his drivel!!!

For any Ayr fans that might be interested, Whitletts Victoria will play host to an Ayr United XI on Sunday 19th October at Dam Park in a testimonial match for long serving Whitletts skipper Graham Longair.

The match will be only the second official meeting between the two Ayr clubs. The only previous meeting being 31 years ago when the sides shared six goals in pre-season match at Voluntary Park.

Announcing the testimonial match, Testimonial Committee Chairman Andrew Downie expressed his thanks to Ayr United manager Mark Roberts for agreeing to fulfil the fixture.

“Graham Longair has spent 10 years with Whitletts Victoria as a player and thoroughly deserves this occasion in recognition of his service to the Club. He is also a big Ayr United supporter and when he is not playing can be seen standing on the terraces in the North Enclosure so it is fantastic for him that the two clubs who mean so much to him are coming together for his big day.”

“Ayr boss Mark Roberts has bent over backwards to help in any way that he can, including playing in a celebrity match in the summer and I am indebted to him for all his co=operation to ensure this game goes ahead.”

The match will be sponsored by Restoraroof, who are also major sponsors to both clubs. Managing Director Hugh Clarke, himself a former Whitletts player, said that he was delighted to sponsor the event.

“Its’ a pleasure to be match sponsor at Graham’s Testimonial Match and it also shows our ongoing commitment to Whitletts Victoria. Good luck to everyone involved and congratulations to Graham for his service and commitment at this great local football club”

The match next Sunday is at Dam Park with a 3pm kick off. Entry is £5 adults and £2.50 for concessions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

But i really dont know where we go from here

http://www.ayrunitedfc.co.uk/to-our-support/

Very simply, there are five targets for the manager this season with regards to the football side of the club.

PromotionTarget winning the division or promotion through the playoff system. – With the addition to the budget this year to a level beyond what we would have without additional support from directors, there is an even higher expectation for the manager to perform. It is also recognized that the manager has had two years in the job and being that the required learning curve is steep, it is important that the manager uses the experience gained to push us to promotion.

No Relegation – Relegation or a sustained period in the wrong half of the table would result in termination

Development of Youth – While we have done well so far, it is important that the manager utilize the players we have coming through the Academy. We must recognize that he can only work with the players the Academy produces, and while those playersmay or may not be match ready, it is up to the manager to bring them to a level where they can be used. He must also work with the Academy to help bring the “right” player in. The manager is expected to use the players at his disposal when appropriate and not turn to equivalent loan players unless absolutely necessary.

Discipline – The manager is expected to maintain the highest level of discipline for himself and his staff and is expected to lead by example when dealing with match officials etc. AUFC has a bad reputation and record when it comes to player and staff discipline and the manager is responsible for improving the clubs disciplinary record.

Style of Play – While the board has no interest in dictating the team line up or tactics, we must insist that football is supposed to be entertainment and the manager is responsible for providing that entertainment to the support. Without getting into passages of play or tactics, we expect that the manager will play a style of football that encourages positive football and a product that the support will feel is value for money.

It is clear from this that Roberts wont be sacked for a while if at all and while i want him gone i don't think a new manager would have much success with the current group when you have guys like McGovern & McLaughlin for example.....and then there is whatever Dale Shirkie is.

I think a 9th place finish is a likely possibility with this group and manager, maybe even worse if Stirling get their act together at all.

Lachlan's mistake in the summer could cost us for a long time

Realistically, who are we going to get in to replace him?

The popular choices on THP/facebook etc are Tommy Sloan and Darren Henderson. Both would be shocking appointments, two managers who have done well in the pub leagues. Be as well giving the KaisAyr manager a go!

FWIW, i agree with you Itzdrk. The players are absolutely garbage. I doubt we will get a clearout in January. So it's hard to see where we go from here.

Archived