Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This definitely has the feel of a Dr Jozef Venglos or Paul Le Guen to it. Good continental coaches, couldn't handle the pressures of Glasgow.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.......fair play to Celtic taking a chance on a relatively unknown "up and coming" manager.

Like said previously.....will he be able to cope with the Glasgow goldfish bowl?

Joins Celtic while they are the top club in Scotland and have as much chance of reaching the Champions League group stages now as a Scottish non league club does in reaching a Scottish Cup Quarter Final, what can he do?. To what level of mediocrity can he take the club, where is the challenge in the easiest job in Scottish football where he surely cannot fail?.

At least he wants to play attractive football which will keep the fans happy, but then so did Tony Mowbray.

Heard this morning that Collins was going to be appointed No2 and that Peter Houston would take on a coaching role. Could be interesting.

Awrite lads, I'm John Collins check out my six pack. Training over.

Joins Celtic while they are the top club in Scotland and have as much chance of reaching the Champions League group stages now as a Scottish non league club does in reaching a Scottish Cup Quarter Final, what can he do?. To what level of mediocrity can he take the club, where is the challenge in the easiest job in Scottish football where he surely cannot fail?.

At least he wants to play attractive football which will keep the fans happy, but then so did Tony Mowbray.

You're not suggesting the playing the "Celtic way" is in actual fact just "winning" and not the style of football are you?! :o

This definitely has the feel of a Dr Jozef Venglos or Paul Le Guen to it. Good continental coaches, couldn't handle the pressures of Glasgow.

Venglos was an excellent coach at Celtic. He was unfortunate to come after Jansen and be up against Advocaat and the most expensive squad in Scottish football history. Brought in Moravcik and Mjallby and moulded Larsson into an out and out goalscorer.

Be interesting to see how it pans out.......fair play to Celtic taking a chance on a relatively unknown "up and coming" manager.

Like said previously.....will he be able to cope with the Glasgow goldfish bowl?

in all honesty though the glasgow goldfish bowl is a different kettle of fish (pardon the pun) atm to what it was when these managers arrived. celtic actually have a chance to allow this guy to try and do his thing for 2 -3 years before a realistic challenge is put up to him? the likes of mowbary and le guen where there at the time when the balance of power was constantly shifting between rangers and celtic, and a season where the other lot where at least 15 points ahead was not accepted and quick replacements were made, it was cut throat. . as much as it grudges me to say this i think that mhob has done the right thing here, whilst we seem reluctant to change our manager.

in saying that hope it fails hugely :lol:

The situations aren;t really comparable now.

I know nowt about this guy accept for the stuff that's been written in the past few days - an exciting appointment potentially, mcuh better than just going for a "celtic man" for the sake of it.

I'm actually hoping now the Roy Keane move was some brilliant PR from Celtic, softening up the ground so they could appoint an unknown.

Archived