Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the absence of Rangers for another season I guess he was no longer boosting their season ticket sales by keeping the pot boiling on the "sectarianism" issue, so they felt no need to cave into any player budget demands he had. From a purely footballing angle odds on they can find someone better, who will get the job done cheaper.

He had one moment in beating the mighty Barcelona in a group match and suddenly he's the best manager in the world. Really!?

Really, nobody ever made such a claim

A don't want di canio to be manager, he's not particularly good, but if Lennon annoyed people, do canio will make people's head explode with faux rage

On the other hand, being both a catholic and a fascist, could Di Canio be the man to finally unite the Old Firm?

Willie McStay is an excellent shout.

Highly rated youth coach

Managed abroad in front of big crowds

Managed in Ireland

Celtic-minded

Previously touted for the job

I don't see any issues with his CV.

They should hire a snarly, snappy wee dog. Put it in an amusing suit as well. Training would involve the dog chasing the players around, literally snapping at their heels. It could bark from the sidelines during games, and the Celtic players could pretend to know what the dog is on about, presumably a bit like the situation now where Lennon snarls instructions from the touchline.

Neil Lennon was the only man in Scotland who could've confirmed that John Wilson called him 'a ****** b*****d' during his attack at Tynie.

Neil Lennon knew if he'd said that Wilson HAD called him a ******, then Wilson would've gone down.

Despite the above, and despite the fact there's no love lost between Neil Lennon and the Heart of Midlothian support, Lennon chose to tell the truth.

My opinion of him changed for the better that day.

Between that, and givin the wee laddie with Down Syndrome his League winners medal, I'd suggest that Neil Lennon is a decent guy.

There's a difference between being a fanny and acting like a fanny. Lennon epitomises that.

Archived