Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paranoia hitting BBC football pages already

Nico: "With the likely return of rangers international to SPFL next season, all the hatred and sectarian bile that would undoubtedly be directed at Lennon again will definitely have influenced this decision."

Its them, its them i tell you :o

Why would any of those mentioned that are / have worked in the EPL take the job after Lennon has said he was concerned over the player budget. These are guys who are used to spending the kind of cash that would make the Celtic board physically sick ! If this is the reason for Lennon's departure (ie he doesn't pitch up at Norwich / WBA etc in the next week or so) then it will be someone akin to McNamara who will salivate at the thought of even a reduced Celtic playing budget.

ETA - Continuity Lennon replacing Lennon would be funny.

Why would any of those mentioned that are / have worked in the EPL take the job after Lennon has said he was concerned over the player budget. These are guys who are used to spending the kind of cash that would make the Celtic board physically sick ! If this is the reason for Lennon's departure (ie he doesn't pitch up at Norwich / WBA etc in the next week or so) then it will be someone akin to McNamara who will salivate at the thought ov even aa reduced Celtic playing budget.

Not having a job or about to be sacked may be more of an issue than being concerned about the budget.

If Lennon can be touted for a EPL job after cantering to leagues in the SPL and a decent few results in the champions league there's no reason why some of the guys mentioned can't do the same.

In regard to the first part of the thread title - cheerio and fcuk off.

In regard to the second part of the thread title - couldn't give a fcuk.

Not my most insightful forum contribution ever, but pretty much hits the nail firmly on the napper.

This from Celtic Quick News is funny :-

He was a hugely successful Celtic manager in Scotland and in Europe. The Barcelona team of the last six years, possibly the greatest team in history, were at their peak when they visited Celtic Park in November 2012. Neil came up with the game plan which brought Celtic victory and raised our profile across Europe.

Classic revisionism.

In regard to the first part of the thread title - cheerio and fcuk off.

In regard to the second part of the thread title - couldn't give a fcuk.

Not my most insightful forum contribution ever, but pretty much hits the nail firmly on the napper.

In fairness most of your contributions are shit; this one is not too bad by comparison.

This has Lawell written all over it, Neil would never have left of his accord if he hadn't felt he had to, and it's all down to the board for me, and Lawell in particular,

I'm genuinely gutted he's gone as i felt he had so much more to give to the club,

I wish him all the best in wherever he chooses to go next!!

Archived