Neil Lennon gone / Next Celtic manager

Owen Coyle is incredibly unlikeable, after his embarrassing Premier League press conferences in charge of Bolton, which basically involved him acting as an ambassador for the "BEST LEAGUE IN THE WURLD". He also talks really, really fast for no apparent reason.

He's a Scot who chose to represent Ireland, so that's already a point in his favour with Celtic fans. Apart from that he's got f**k all else going.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Tony Adams yet.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Henrik Larsson wouldn't be a bad option to be honest. He wouldn't require big wages unlike Moyes or Lambert etc. We don't need an experienced manager to win a 1 horse race. Were not good enough to do anything in the Champions league, we just don't have the resources for that. Giving Larsson the job would boost season ticket sales for a start.

As for Lennon leaving, when you look at how bad we were when he got the job from Mowbray. Well things have certainly improved a lot. Lennon took us to the last 16 of the champions league, which has only been done a couple of times by Strachan. But lets not forget that when it came to the big games we bottled it. Ross County, Hearts, Killie, St Mirren, winning the league at Ibrox? Playing someone who just got back from the African cup of nations against Juve. So aye he did have many of faults as manager. Its the right time for him to move on :)

Owen Coyle is incredibly unlikeable, after his embarrassing Premier League press conferences in charge of Bolton, which basically involved him acting as an ambassador for the "BEST LEAGUE IN THE WURLD". He also talks really, really fast for no apparent reason.

He's a Scot who chose to represent Ireland, so that's already a point in his favour with Celtic fans. Apart from that he's got f**k all else going.

Can't believe no-one's mentioned Tony Adams yet.

I'll raise you Stuart Pearce.

Didn't want him as manager in the 1st place, not bothered that he is off. However I can't really think of anyone that is 'getable' that I actually want.

I don't think he is off to Nowich as I think that is big Malky's next job. Don't want Henrik for much the same reasons that I didn't want Lennon. I don't think it's a job to learn as you go.

So, Lambert-- does like to give youngsters a chance but seems a bit defensive in his outlook and has said he doesn't want to manage in Scotland. Plus we couldn't afford his wages.

Coyle-- another defensive style, seems a bit clueless when talking about the game.

Clark-- surprisingly for a defender, had an attacking style but again a bit inexperienced and fucking hopeless with the media.

McNamara- rat faced little whinger that might want to bring some of the hapless over rated mince that he now manages.

Stark, Kennedy, anyone of that ilk..... Just naw.

Di Canio-- I'd gladly stop going.

So, I don't know who that leaves. Before Lennon got the job I would have liked Curbishley, but I doubt there will be any thinking out the box.

And for all the sectarian bigots among other teams fans, that are saying because we are Celtic we would look for an Irish catholic manager, how many of those have we had?

And as for being 'Celtic minded'?

I would fucking hope so. I don't care if he is from outer jabouf and a Buddhist, he works for us and better become celtic minded pretty quick. Just the same as any manager should be 'minded' for their club.

Archived