East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Result tonight;

Haddington Athletic 3 Lothian Thistle Hutchie Vale 7

Lothian were a very good side and it was pretty evident they are a bit further on than Haddington with fitness and games. They will stroll their league this season and Twads has done a really good job. Still disappointing to lose like that but learned a bit more about the team and identifying things to improve on. Next up sauchie away this Saturday another tough game. Not for me though I'm away to Mexico tomorrow on my honeymoon so the results will no doubt pick up eh Pumphy man ma pal :-)

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the Haddington game tonight and talking to a couple of the Tranent lads there watching. They were on about Dunbar and this and my post was discussed re budget and one said that Dunbar have paid some players, I don't know who or how many about a grand with basic wages and expenses. This isn't exactly a team struggling if this is the case. Again I have no idea if this is true but they were adamant an ex Tranent player is one of them. I don't know who has signed but I believe there was a few went from Haddington to Dunbar but they were saying tonight it was a case that they didn't get offered to stay at Haddington with the change in manager.

Just posting what was said don't get all humpy with me please.

I reckon this is accurate but based on last season not this season. That kind of expenditure is the reason Dunbar about went poop. New committee have reigned in the money I can guarantee that.

I believe the budget for signing fees this season is extremely low. Can't comment on expenses though.

Lothian were a very good side and it was pretty evident they are a bit further on than Haddington with fitness and games. They will stroll their league this season and Twads has done a really good job. Still disappointing to lose like that but learned a bit more about the team and identifying things to improve on. Next up sauchie away this Saturday another tough game. Not for me though I'm away to Mexico tomorrow on my honeymoon so the results will no doubt pick up eh Pumphy man ma pal :-)

Lothian looked a good well organised side. I'm sure Haddington will do well when they tighten up their defence.

Lothian looked a good well organised side. I'm sure Haddington will do well when they tighten up their defence.

Yeah they were the better side and will do well. It's a hard one with some of the pre season games we had 9 trialists on Saturday and another 6 or 7 tonight and unfortunately for a few of them we won't be taking things any further so good luck to them. It's getting that balance of fitness and seeing trialists in action for some of these pre season games which I'm sure most clubs are the same situation.

Don't believe everything you hear. Have to agree with cammy here, Dunbar was/are struggling, wouldn't say the committee has done a great job it's full off muppets barring a few.

post-12982-0-29581200-1406072291.jpg

Are you saying or just going to leave it at that? Dunbar are struggling big time unless they put in the local paper to get sympathy

can't be struggling that much, they put in a bit of a thousand pound for joe Murray last nite!!

Newtongrange 5-0 Whitburn.

Newtongrange were 4-0 at half time as Whitburn couldn't cope with the pace of Newtongrange down the left side.

Second half was better with Whitburn's recognized right back playing and the game looked for even with the away team having a few chances through King and Brass but with 10mins to go Star got a fifth goal and that was that.

Good work out for a very young team and as for Newtongrange they look a very strong team for the upcoming season.

Iv not been told anything.

Also for folk sending me PM's saying about my user name it has been this for along time b4 I went to haddington a few years ago and it was just banter with boys I knew in the team as I was playing for tranent and it was a local derby.

I don’t have anything against haddington or anyone after my spell there b4 ended.

I’ll be changing my user name.

Let me guess is it Haddington by any chance,yer a wanted man Joe.

Archived