East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

So, with the South Division finishing up yesterday, a final statto post for the season

6_zpswfcglqc0.jpg

Obviously, I'm proud as Punch that we've finally achieved promotion - and a bit of icing on the cake claiming the title as well. Again, well done to Falkirk for that incredible 20 game unbeaten run - W18 D2 L0 - which took them to second spot. Commiserations to Rosyth and Whitburn who fell just shy. 56 pts still stands as the marker for 2nd place, though I was confident that that would be breached this season

The top 4 all finished with over 2pts a game, which I think is only the second occurrence since the South Division started. Unfortunately, Haddington's defeat in their last game at Livingston put paid to any record points haul; both for the club overall and the South Division since inception. Nitten still hold the record with 2.43 - 68 from 28 back in the South's first season 06/07. Fauldhouse gathered 2.39 in 12/13 - 67 from 28.

Avg pts per game:

Haddington 2.38, Falkirk 2.27, Rosyth 2.12, Whitburn 2.08

Hot-shots (avg goals for/game):

Haddington 3.42, Rosyth 3.27, Whitburn 2.92, Falkirk & Dunbar 2.85

Meanies (avg goals against/game):

Falkirk 1.12, Rosyth 1.35, Blackburn & West Calder 1.38, Haddington 1.54

Finishing form - last 6 games:

W5 D1 L0 Falkirk

W5 D0 L1 Haddington

W4 D2 L0 Whitburn

W4 D1 L1 Rosyth, Blackburn

W4 D0 L2 Lochgelly

One other set of numbers stands out - Lochgelly with 9 draws and West Calder with 11. Only those at the games can tell whether it's strikers or defenders each need (although with West Calder listed in the top 5 meanies, it's perhaps clearer)

going to miss all your stats next season old northerner ,its been a good read ,thanks for that and good luck to haddington and falkirk in the premier.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going to miss all your stats next season old northerner ,its been a good read ,thanks for that and good luck to haddington and falkirk in the premier.

Hear! Hear! Will also miss the Tranent and Haddington derbies.

Pistol!

It's been a pleasure this year debating on this forum. See you and Dunbar next year In the division above!

That's if Falkirk don't get promoted to the super next season ???? haha

Good luck for next season! And hopefully Dunbar will be up there after next season too!

who finished top goal scorer ?sam or tam?

As far as I know Sam needed a hatrick yesterday to overtake Tam, I think it was 35 league goals Sam finished on.

Don't quote me on 35 but from what I heard he finished one behind Tam?

As far as I know Sam needed a hatrick yesterday to overtake Tam, I think it was 35 league goals Sam finished on.

cheers

any chance of putting them in the same team next season:-)

Well that's the end of another season.

Congrats to Haddington Athletic, worthy league winners and to Falkirk for clinching the second promotion spot after putting together a great run.

What of next season?

Easthouses Lily are apparently moving over from the East of Scotland League where they lost the Championship on goal difference, they will be a strong side.

It seems the only side likely to come down into the South are Bathgate Thistle, but three points from their last two games should be enough to see them safe.

If that happens, then it will probably mean Lochore Welfare or Kirkcaldy YM (or both) are moved over to even up the numbers.

Whitburn will at last move back to Central Park sometime before the end of the year, Blackburn will have to move out for 8-12 weeks early season due to a new 3G pitch being installed, Tranent seem to have found a money man and presumably will be much stronger, West Calder and Stoneyburn are looking for new managers, will Rosyth keep the core of the squad that have done so well this year.

It's going to be interesting that's for sure.

Heard the same rumour, although I'm guessing it won't be confirmed until after the cup final.

if so its a cracking signing.must be paying him alot of money to get him to drop down 2 leagues.

What a load of rubbish. Yes we want to sign the lad but the figures quoted here are way off. If Darren decides to join us he will be taken a huge drop in wages.

What a load of rubbish. Yes we want to sign the lad but the figures quoted here are way off. If Darren decides to join us he will be taken a huge drop in wages.

so why would he choose to join you's if that is the case?

Archived