East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Dunbar lost the game on Saturday as the have the heart of an Ice queen. No fight whatsoever in that team other than the captain. Geoff has done nothing with that team to inspire me. Deserved to get beaten. Ref was poor but instead of bitching and moaning, get up fight on and get back in the game.

While I agree Saturday was awful, and as you mention Steven Tait is in my opinion one of only a few Dunbar players that never gives up, I agree whole heartedly about the bitching and moaning, too many players are at, I'm actually seeing it creep in amongst players moaning at other players and looking at the bench waving their arms about, quite pathetic really.

But on the other hand you come on here and post, going by your username you probably watched/played for Haddington the majority of the season so you watched Saturdays game and come up with these opinions based on one or two games?.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

27 in all competitions. 26 league goals from 23 starts, 2 subs and 1 against Bonnyrigg in the F&L

Back in 2011/12, Sean Jamieson bagged 36 league and 1 cup goal. I don't know if anyone managed more than that in the South Division beforehand but there's a decent chance it might be beaten this season

Good returns from both him and Alan Sneddon at Falkirk then, interesting fact there too, I'm sure both Hampson and Young will be looking to beat that in their remaining game/games.

But on the other hand you come on here and post, going by your username you probably watched/played for Haddington the majority of the season so you watched Saturdays game and come up with these opinions based on one or two games?.

He only joined the forum a few days ago as well.

If he is judging Dunbar on one game then it's unfair. My opinion is that the team is an improvement from last year, which was absolutely dire apart from a cup run and we are well rid of the guys who were in charge.

This year Dunbar were pushing Haddington all the way till Christmas and it was quite exciting to watch. They fell short but Geoff will have learned a lot about the players and probably himself during the second half of the season, when things have not gone smoothly. When I look at the players last Saturday I think some have let him down very badly, particularly the guys he would probably expect to stand up and drive the team forward. For instance the GK has been a shadow of the player from last season and was at fault twice again on Saturday.

Just an opinion though.

If he is judging Dunbar on one game then it's unfair. My opinion is that the team is an improvement from last year, which was absolutely dire apart from a cup run and we are well rid of the guys who were in charge.

This year Dunbar were pushing Haddington all the way till Christmas and it was quite exciting to watch. They fell short but Geoff will have learned a lot about the players and probably himself during the second half of the season, when things have not gone smoothly. When I look at the players last Saturday I think some have let him down very badly, particularly the guys he would probably expect to stand up and drive the team forward. For instance the GK has been a shadow of the player from last season and was at fault twice again on Saturday.

Just an opinion though.

I agree the squad has improved, I think daryll has been a big loss for Dunbar at the back since his knee injury back in September time, lets be honest defence is where Dunbars problems lie generally. The new lad Andrew Commons looks hopeful though, shows calmness at the back and tries to pick out a pass rather than just humping it to nobody as seems to be a lot of Dunbars defenders problem.

But you could also argue that Dunbars top 3-4 players this season were also at the club last season. As you say Connor hasn't had the greatest of seasons and was at fault for 2 of the goals on Saturday, but on the other hand when are certain players going to start turning up? There's one player in particular not naming names but youll know him as the vice captain, who gets game after game,been at Dunbar for 3 seasons now and in my opinion has alot to improve on, consistently losing possession for one, and his attitude isn't great, really really struggle to figure out how he manages to get a game, again just my opinion.

I agree the squad has improved, I think daryll has been a big loss for Dunbar at the back since his knee injury back in September time, lets be honest defence is where Dunbars problems lie generally. The new lad Andrew Commons looks hopeful though, shows calmness at the back and tries to pick out a pass rather than just humping it to nobody as seems to be a lot of Dunbars defenders problem.

But you could also argue that Dunbars top 3-4 players this season were also at the club last season. As you say Connor hasn't had the greatest of seasons and was at fault for 2 of the goals on Saturday, but on the other hand when are certain players going to start turning up? There's one player in particular not naming names but youll know him as the vice captain, who gets game after game,been at Dunbar for 3 seasons now and in my opinion has alot to improve on, consistently losing possession for one, and his attitude isn't great, really really struggle to figure out how he manages to get a game, again just my opinion.

Can't disagree with any of that tbh. Although you might as well have named names lol.

It's been a season of great promise which ultimately ends with improvement being the best description, which I guess is not what most would have hoped after the start made. At the start of the season I expected nothing but after the first few months I must admit I hoped for more than has been delivered.

At least new players were brought in though. Some have worked, others the jury is out and some clearly need to go imo. But it's better than the same old same old from last few years.

Being positive I have seen enough to hope the leap to promotion can be made in next year or two.

As has been highlighted earlier in this forum, I was wrong. I apologise and will be more careful with future posts.

kudos to you saan thats how to earn respect no denying it lying threw your teeth blaming others and playing the victim thats what I call illustrious

Can't disagree with any of that tbh. Although you might as well have named names lol.

It's been a season of great promise which ultimately ends with improvement being the best description, which I guess is not what most would have hoped after the start made. At the start of the season I expected nothing but after the first few months I must admit I hoped for more than has been delivered.

At least new players were brought in though. Some have worked, others the jury is out and some clearly need to go imo. But it's better than the same old same old from last few years.

Being positive I have seen enough to hope the leap to promotion can be made in next year or two.

Yeah I agree the season has sort of just fallen apart but I hear Geoff has signed most if not all of the better players again for next season so as you say hopefully they can push on if he brings in more fresh faces in the summer, apparently also the signed the above said player again too ;) again too, someone must see something in him to make him vice captain also I suppose, I don't know what though, another one that I feel has to go is the left back they signed from Edinburgh in the summer, his attitude also stinks, and appears to think he is better than he actually is, give him his due I think he has been injured a few times this season but when he has played he's just not cutting it, in my opinion of course.

another one that I feel has to go is the left back they signed from Edinburgh in the summer, his attitude also stinks.

Is that the lad Burstow? If so agree again. Certainly since the going got tough he's been posted missing.

Just an opinion though.

An improvement on last season based on what? POINTS? League position not as good, results against local teams dire, cup run non existent. Last season Dunbar beat Arthurlie 3-2. This season lost 6-0. Has Geoff made an improvement or is it just that Daddy is in charge and your all scared to speak out against him. I have only joined because I have just heard of the forum. You have no idea who I am or how many games I have watched. I'll judge based on what I've seen and that is last seasons players looking like schoolboys this year!! Connor Wood is a great example of this. Whats happened?

An improvement on last season based on what? POINTS? League position not as good, results against local teams dire, cup run non existent. Last season Dunbar beat Arthurlie 3-2. This season lost 6-0. Has Geoff made an improvement or is it just that Daddy is in charge and your all scared to speak out against him. I have only joined because I have just heard of the forum. You have no idea who I am or how many games I have watched. I'll judge based on what I've seen and that is last seasons players looking like schoolboys this year!! Connor Wood is a great example of this. Whats happened?

Aye Connor been terrible. Can't disagree with that.

Just came across this from a couple of months back, hope they get a bit more interest;

Crossgates Primrose face uncertain future

THE future of Crossgates Primrose could hang in the balance if it does not find additional volunteers to serve on its committee.

dp2015216p01_juni00_v0114247097821641736

Action from Crossgates v Tranent Juniors on 14th February.

That’s the message from the team’s manager David McNeely who revealed to Press Sport that day-to-day operations on and off the pitch are down to him and his assistant Kevin McArthur – but a lack of support to help them could see them struggle to keep the club going.

The Humbug Park outfit, whose best known player is former Scotland and Rangers legend Jim Baxter, are currently bottom of the Scottish Junior Football Association (SJFA) East Region South Division having collected just seven points from their 16 matches so far this season.

Although he said that “financially we’re doing OK” – and confirmed that Dunfermline Athletic Ladies FC had agreed a deal to base themselves at Humbug for the forthcoming season – McNeely said that he and McArthur are finding it increasingly difficult to run the club on their own.

He fears that Primrose could follow Steelend Victoria, who folded in October 2013, and Ballingry Rovers in being consigned to the history books and said, “We’ve already seen Steelend and Ballingry Rovers go and it would be hard for us to keep it going if we don’t get any additional help. Financially we’re doing OK – we’ve got money coming in and we don’t pay anybody at the club, so we probably have a better foundation than we ever have. But we’re just not getting any help behind the scenes and I was down on Monday morning to clean the dressing rooms. How many other junior managers would do that? It’s also things like taking the goals down after games, selling raffle tickets – these are little jobs but we still need people to do them. Myself and Kevin are running the club, and our wives run the canteen we have. We want to keep it going but we could do with more hands on the committee.”

He continued, “We’re not looking for anybody to provide money – although any sponsorship is welcome – but their time. It would make it easier to get things done but I’ve been involved with junior football for more than 30 years and I have seen a big change. People now have got too many things to keep them entertained and it’s hard to get new people involved. You’re talking £5000 a year to keep the club going and that’s not easy to find, which is why it’s really important that we have more people to help us find ways of raising money and helping us out.”

If you would like to get involved with helping out the club, contact David or Kevin by calling 07717835551 or emailing info@crossgates-primrose-jfc.co.uk.

Fair enough with some points here, but you say "last seasons players looking like schoolboys this year" and with Connor I agree he's not performed as well as last season but at the other end of that scale Sam Young scored 33 last year, he's already on 47 this year, that's just one example of an improvement for you.

Saved!

Brighter future for Crossgates Primrose as committee members recruited

Published: 18 Mar 2015 18:300 comments

THE future of Crossgates Primrose looks to be brighter after the club welcomed two new members onto its committee.

cf20150304p01_prim_v01142661368111573298

Share this image

The junior football club faced the prospect of folding at the end of the season after the Times revealed last month that manager David McNeely and his assistant Kevin McArthur admitted they would struggle to keep it going if they did not find fresh faces to help them run it.

But as well as securing the new committee members, Mr McNeely has also been able to recruit a new coach in Gary Herkes and has held discussions with Fife Voluntary Action in a bid to find volunteers to help carry out jobs off the field.

He said, “We have had one guy who has come on to the committee and one other, and we have been in talks with the Fife volunteers group.

“We’re quite hopeful something will come of that and they are going to try to help us with physical jobs around the park like cutting the grass on the pitch and things like that.”

He added, “There are still wee jobs that need doing and we always said that what we need is people’s time and not money.

“I’ve brought in Gary to help us with the coaching side as well which is good. Callum Bisset and Russell Smart have both been helping out but they are still playing, so this will allow them to concentrate on that side of things.

“There is a bit more light at the end of the tunnel.”

The Humbug Park club, whose best known player is former Scotland and Rangers legend Jim Baxter, are currently bottom of the Scottish Junior Football Association (SJFA) East Region South Division, having collected just seven points from their 20 matches so far this season and if you would like to get involved with helping out the club, contact David or Kevin by calling 07717835551 or emailing info@crossgates-primrose-jfc.co.uk.

Fair enough with some points here, but you say "last seasons players looking like schoolboys this year" and with Connor I agree he's not performed as well as last season but at the other end of that scale Sam Young scored 33 last year, he's already on 47 this year, that's just one example of an improvement for you.

I guess it is quite subjective and everyone has an opinion. Mr Huffy sounds like his problem is more with Geoff than Dunbar United. From what I have seen and heard I believe the club is going in the right direction again. They haven't been contenders for almost a decade in the league so in reality it's small steps and not giant leaps.

Sam's done really well. I think your comments in previous posts about the vice captain are very harsh. Played in too many different positions (I've seen him in 4), players don't even look fit... 3 games to go and dropping training to 1 night a week!!! Very clever. 3 left backs in the team at the same time whilst John Twaddle, one of last seasons best players IMHO, warms the bench. Far better team though, and the management has went backwards.....again IMHO!!!

Who's the old guy that got sent away last weekend?? Great discipline to show your team!

Sam's done really well. I think your comments in previous posts about the vice captain are very harsh. Played in too many different positions (I've seen him in 4), players don't even look fit... 3 games to go and dropping training to 1 night a week!!! Very clever. 3 left backs in the team at the same time whilst John Twaddle, one of last seasons best players IMHO, warms the bench. Far better team though, and the management has went backwards.....again IMHO!!!

Who's the old guy that got sent away last weekend?? Great discipline to show your team!

Its all about opinions but watching him at dunbar for the last 3 seasons id play john twaddle in centre midfield ahead of shaun all day long, yes John in my opinion doesnt seem to get "stuck in" (although shaun is not great at this either) but again i fell John is much better technically than shaun,its nothing personal against the guy its just observation, and in my observation as you mention fitnes, shaun is one of unfittest in the team. I agree it does sound a bit odd cutting down to one training session a week if this is true.

I've forgotten the assistant managers surname.

You know a lot About what's going on behind the scenes....

Archived