East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

Blackburn deserved the win today, They turned a 1-0 h/t deficit in to a 3-1 win and we can have no complaints at the result but we did contribute to our defeat. We maybe shaded the first half of an uneventful game but the second was Blackburn's .

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Blackburn United v Stoneyburn Juniors

Falkirk JFC v Harthill Royal

Kick Off: 7.00pm

Saturday 2 May 2015

Crossgates Primrose v Stoneyburn Juniors

Falkirk JFC v Lochgelly Albert

Rosyth v Dunbar United

Kick Off: 2.30pm

Blackburn deserved the win today, They turned a 1-0 h/t deficit in to a 3-1 win and we can have no complaints at the result but we did contribute to our defeat. We maybe shaded the first half of an uneventful game but the second was Blackburn's .

I agree it was definitely a game of 2 halves, but to be honest yet again the ref was pretty horrific, Andrew Commons clearly won the ball when the ref awarded Blackburn their penalty, Chris Grant was clearly hauled to the ground in the box in the first half as he ran clear but nothing given, and a Blackburn defender came clean through the back of Sam Young as he brought the ball down in the box but again no penalty awarded, apart from that Blackburn deserved the win, don't get me wrong the ref was terrible for both teams but the important decisions went Blackburn's way.

lochgelly 2 rosyth 3

got to say we were lucky today, we went 3 up with goals from hampson, second which was a pen that only the ref seen, then they had a man sent of for second yellow and we went to bits, lochgelly pulled 2 back and we are holding on for dear life, we were really lucky today and only played in spells but it shows how far we have come on as lochgelly beat us easily last year, i was worried about this game but we scraped thru.lochgelly will be a team to watch next season.

lochgelly 2 rosyth 3

got to say we were lucky today, we went 3 up with goals from hampson, second which was a pen that only the ref seen, then they had a man sent of for second yellow and we went to bits, lochgelly pulled 2 back and we are holding on for dear life, we were really lucky today and only played in spells but it shows how far we have come on as lochgelly beat us easily last year, i was worried about this game but we scraped thru.lochgelly will be a team to watch next season.

How many league goals is Hampson on now? Must be close to Sam Young's 32 league goals?

I'd imagine the leagues top goal scorer will go to one of them? With Rosyth having one game left and Dunbar having 3 to go, Although I know the lad at Falkirk was banging them in also (can't remember his name) how many league goals is he on Ronaldo 7? And any idea how many league goals Joe Murray finished on old northerner?

Sorry if I'm missing anyone else out in the league that's got a scoring record up there close to these 4.

Cracking record he's got!, as far as i know Sam Young's on 32 in league, 3 in cups. With him missing 4 games to go on holiday to Australia earlier on in the season.

great achievement from both players,well done!!

And any idea how many league goals Joe Murray finished on old northerner?

27 in all competitions. 26 league goals from 23 starts, 2 subs and 1 against Bonnyrigg in the F&L

Back in 2011/12, Sean Jamieson bagged 36 league and 1 cup goal. I don't know if anyone managed more than that in the South Division beforehand but there's a decent chance it might be beaten this season

I'd imagine the leagues top goal scorer will go to one of them? With Rosyth having one game left and Dunbar having 3 to go, Although I know the lad at Falkirk was banging them in also (can't remember his name) how many league goals is he on Ronaldo 7? And any idea how many league goals Joe Murray finished on old northerner?

Sorry if I'm missing anyone else out in the league that's got a scoring record up there close to these 4.

Alan Sneddon got 22 in the league and another half dozen in the cups.

Think he would have added a few more if his season wasn't ended 6 weeks ago after selfishly having to go away on a submarine with the navy! Lol

Blackburn United 2 Stoneyburn 0

First half goals from a Sid Easton penalty and Liam Allison saw the home side comfortably ahead, and under the lights for the second half it was pretty much a non event. a few young players in the Stoneyburn side performed well.

Hopefully enough points on the board to keep us fifth which is probably a fair reflection of our season.

Last match? away to Bo'ness United in the Fife & Lothians at some point.......

Archived