East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

we are looking forward to your visit in a fortnight Number 4. Has the makings of a good game and well done on your good start.

Cheers mate , looking fwd to it as well , means i can stay over at my holiday home near berwick that weekend and no get grief fae the wife , love the set up at dunbar and have always been welcomed there, also the young team with the flags and the banter make it a good atmosphere .

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers mate , looking fwd to it as well , means i can stay over at my holiday home near berwick that weekend and no get grief fae the wife , love the set up at dunbar and have always been welcomed there, also the young team with the flags and the banter make it a good atmosphere .

The young boys are all playing on a Saturday now, so it's a bit quieter. You will always get grief from the wife, no matter, we all do.

Ask them. What is it that you don't believe in what nearly happened with us? They have had a good start, but nobody should be thinking that any teams are title contenders, this early, lots of twists and turns ahead, injuries, holidays, weather etc. Did you go to a game yesterday? Instead of trying to take part in a lot of different comments, why don't you tell us about your team and how they have turned things around since we beat them.

To early like fauldhouse, Dalkeith, Edinburgh, Blackburn, Dundonald etc the last few years? No i didn't go to a game yesterday. Even Dunbar fans I'm here have acknowledged you guys would never have not had a team. I think it's great to see Dunbar doing well as it is Haddington and surprised no ones talking about Tranent who have done great so far. I just don't buy into your comments trying to say the situation was desperate when in reality it wasn't as bad as you try make out.

To early like fauldhouse, Dalkeith, Edinburgh, Blackburn, Dundonald etc the last few years? No i didn't go to a game yesterday. Even Dunbar fans I'm here have acknowledged you guys would never have not had a team. I think it's great to see Dunbar doing well as it is Haddington and surprised no ones talking about Tranent who have done great so far. I just don't buy into your comments trying to say the situation was desperate when in reality it wasn't as bad as you try make out.

AyeButNoButt I am afraid you are off the mark there. Am not wanting to get into a debate here or look back, but at the end of last season the outlook was bleak. The previous manager was spending money the club did not have and could not raise. Another 3 months would have seen us out of business.....audited accounts at AGM confirmed this. Only donations kept us afloat.

The new manager was appointed with no signed players and a vastly reduced signing budget from last year, so it was not clear cut like you make out.

What I will say is there is a positivity about the club now that imo has not been there for years. Long may it continue and its great to have 3 east Lothian teams competing well. Small steps though.

There are NO Dunbar supporters on here will agree with what you think, not people who think they know that we would have survived, people that go to games ,AGM's etc, so I don't know where you get the impression that we are having you on, Ob1 has tried to explain it, again, you can bring it up as much as you want, but we are here, we know what went on. As for talking about TNT, I did say to you that you haven't spoken about your team ,who appear to have turned the corner, since we beat them. TNT is your team isn't it.?

Watched Dunbar play lochgelly on Saturday, IMO they are a big strong side who are organised and athletic but I think they need a flair player to be challenging for the league title. The striker who scored their goal is a good player but I think he needs better service from midfield. Given the issues they have had over the summer it's credit to the manager n staff that they have the team they have. As for the game I think lochgelly can consider themselves unlucky not to have taken the 3 points.they started poorly n lost a soft goal ( speaking as a defender here btw) but I thought they grew into the game and created a few good chances and should have won it in the last seconds following a defensive error.

2 good sides tho - enjoyed the game.

Watched Dunbar play lochgelly on Saturday, IMO they are a big strong side who are organised and athletic but I think they need a flair player to be challenging for the league title. The striker who scored their goal is a good player but I think he needs better service from midfield. Given the issues they have had over the summer it's credit to the manager n staff that they have the team they have. As for the game I think lochgelly can consider themselves unlucky not to have taken the 3 points.they started poorly n lost a soft goal ( speaking as a defender here btw) but I thought they grew into the game and created a few good chances and should have won it in the last seconds following a defensive error.

2 good sides tho - enjoyed the game.

Tiny Sally take it you are a ballingry boy with your name?

Can I ask why Tranent are referred to on this thread as TNT? I'm guessing it isn't simply a question of saving key presses as surely it's just as quick and easy to type 'Tranent' as it is to type 'TNT'.....so is there a more interesting reason that I'm missing?!

Blackburn Utd 0 Fauldhouse Utd 3

A decent game played at a good tempo by both sides, looks like that guy Swanny was trialling or has signed for The Hoose, scored the first and looks dangerous in possession. Goals came in 26, 49 and 88 mins.

Blackburn Utd 0 Fauldhouse Utd 3

A decent game played at a good tempo by both sides, looks like that guy Swanny was trialling or has signed for The Hoose, scored the first and looks dangerous in possession. Goals came in 26, 49 and 88 mins.

Towards the end of last season he was playing with one of the two amateur teams now affiliated with the Blackburn United Community Football Club I believe? Way too good a player to be paddling about in the amateur pond - just a pity Blackburn couldn't convince him to move to their own Junior side!

Towards the end of last season he was playing with one of the two amateur teams now affiliated with the Blackburn United Community Football Club I believe? Way too good a player to be paddling about in the amateur pond - just a pity Blackburn couldn't convince him to move to their own Junior side!

Theres bigger clubs tried and failed to get the wee man,even still trying to get him.Has scored 13 goals in his last 3 matched for his sunday amatuers and banged in 6 in 2 games for his saturday team,The guy is class just a pity hes no ambition to play higher.

Archived