East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard a rumour the other week and it was confirmed from a committee member the other night Rosyth played a suspended player against falkirk for most of the game, and got a fine from the east region committee, can't remember the boys name but he did play for Crossgates at some point

Yes this is correct , the player in question was signed from crossgates a few days before the game and unwittingly played in the game against falkirk by rosyth who genuinely didn't know he was on a 3 game ban , the player said he didn't know either , as soon as it was pointed out on the night after the game by a crossgates official we stopped playing the player, the disciplinary secretary then got in touch with rosyth and told us he had noticed it and we had to write to them and explain our actions, he also got in touch with falkirk and asked if they wanted to protest, my understanding from what i have heard was falkirk didn't want to protest and for that we are grateful to them . our secretary was so embarrassed about this genuine mistake that he wanted to resign over it, this was not allowed to happen. we got fined 100 pounds for our genuine mistake which we accepted , if we lost the points as well then we would have accepted that as well but the committee accepted that it was a honest mistake on the first game of the season and we weren't trying to cheat.

hope this explains it

cheers

lee

Yes this is correct , the player in question was signed from crossgates a few days before the game and unwittingly played in the game against falkirk by rosyth who genuinely didn't know he was on a 3 game ban , the player said he didn't know either , as soon as it was pointed out on the night after the game by a crossgates official we stopped playing the player, the disciplinary secretary then got in touch with rosyth and told us he had noticed it and we had to write to them and explain our actions, he also got in touch with falkirk and asked if they wanted to protest, my understanding from what i have heard was falkirk didn't want to protest and for that we are grateful to them . our secretary was so embarrassed about this genuine mistake that he wanted to resign over it, this was not allowed to happen. we got fined 100 pounds for our genuine mistake which we accepted , if we lost the points as well then we would have accepted that as well but the committee accepted that it was a honest mistake on the first game of the season and we weren't trying to cheat.

hope this explains it

cheers

lee

if only Dunbar showed as much common sense as that last season wi the Edinburgh case! Well played Falkirk

So Edinburgh Utd get docked three points last season for playing an ineligible player in a game they won, but Rosyth don't.

Do they make this up as they go along?

A team actually has to protest or a fine is all a club will get, nothing to do with the regulators, just the rules

Should it really take a protest from the other team if the league realise that a general rule has been broken? Teams make mistakes but rules are broken and punishments must go as planned.

Seems harsh on Edinburgh.

Correct, a rule is a rule regardless of whether anyone protests or not. Completely amateurish as usual.

Next time I get caught by a speed camera, I want evidence that someone complained before I take the points lol

Next time I get caught by a speed camera, I want evidence that someone complained before I take the points lol

This actually made me laugh :-)

It is strange that there is such inconsistently with these rules. Dunbar were well within their rights to protest last season but like Falkirk probably done is seen this in a gentlemanly manor and accepted an honest mistake was made. I say well done to them. Having read threads on this last year I'm sure most Dunbar fans were up in arms and embarrassed with whupat their club did.

if only Dunbar showed as much common sense as that last season wi the Edinburgh case! Well played Falkirk

Why bring us in to this.? I disagreed with how it was handled last season, in the manner in which it came to light, but Dunbar did nothing wrong, so Falkirk didn't know anything about it, so two teams are at fault in not checking the discipline section on the ESJFA website. Also ,the player signed from Crossgates, I assume a transfer, so why didn't they wait until it went through and then the day after the player played until letting Rosyth know and the player says he didn't know he was suspended. I don't know how the system works now ,but there used to be a letter sent out to club and player, does that not happen now.? Anyway fair play to Falkirk, I hope you don't miss out on the league by two points , but if the rules are broken, the punishment should be the same, whether a protest is submitted or not. Edinburgh 's was an honest mistake as well, it seems they are all honest mistakes when the team lines are cocked up.

The player was a free agent but his last club was Crossgates ,he had been training with other teams and we only got him at the last minute that's why we didn't check the website,as I said an honest mistake.

I believe you, I really do, but why bring us in to what happened, not you, but other people. A dear lesson learned and as long as both clubs are happy, what has it to do with anyone else, let alone what happened with us last season. It was a completely different scenario and no supporter was happy at what the club did, but they did nothing wrong and too many people try and shift the blame on to the innocent party.

Just like to wish Dunbar all the best in their top of the table clash with our local rivals at Haddington tomorrow. Both teams have started the season great , but there is a long way to go, so I just hope for a good game and that we can take something from the game.

Looking forward to this one. All games against Dunbar are hard-fought but there's a little more edge to this one obviously.

0-0 shitefest :D

Why bring us in to this.? I disagreed with how it was handled last season, in the manner in which it came to light, but Dunbar did nothing wrong, so Falkirk didn't know anything about it, so two teams are at fault in not checking the discipline section on the ESJFA website. Also ,the player signed from Crossgates, I assume a transfer, so why didn't they wait until it went through and then the day after the player played until letting Rosyth know and the player says he didn't know he was suspended. I don't know how the system works now ,but there used to be a letter sent out to club and player, does that not happen now.? Anyway fair play to Falkirk, I hope you don't miss out on the league by two points , but if the rules are broken, the punishment should be the same, whether a protest is submitted or not. Edinburgh 's was an honest mistake as well, it seems they are all honest mistakes when the team lines are cocked up.

Considering number4 has said the player signed a few days before, the player is unlikely to have been recorded as being suspended for Rosyth on the east region website. Surely the player would have known he had been sent off in a previous game tho?

cause Falkirk showed a bit common sense unlike Dunbar, and was praising Falkirk for doing so!!

Just like to wish Dunbar all the best in their top of the table clash wit local rivals at Haddington tomorrow. Both teams have started the season great , but there is a long way to go, so I just hope for a good game and that we can take something from the game.

Really looking forward to this one today, hopefully get a good wee crowd aswell. As you say both teams have started the season great and for both sets of players it would be good to see a decent turn out today.

Archived