East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haddington Athletic 2 Blackburn United 2

Blackburn had the chance to go ahead early on but Gary Smith shot straight at the keeper when through on goal. Hi Hi went ahead around 35 mins after Blackburn failed to clear the ball from a corner, but McQullian equalised a few minutes later with a fine finish from a sweeping move. Second half Haddington had more of the ball and went ahead shortly after the restart when again the Blackburn defence could have done better to clear. With 12 minutes left Campbell sprung the offside trap but the keeper blocked well but Fraser Spence stroked home the rebound.

A few observations. Referee poor. Haddington No.11 booked for comical dive after 5 minutes, and then was it MAXX who was sent from the dugout after a wee kick out at Campbell who had ran into the dugout trying to keep a ball in play? Seemed not much in it.

Blackburn had the chance to go ahead early on but Gary Smith shot straight at the keeper when through on goal. Hi Hi went ahead around 35 mins after Blackburn failed to clear the ball from a corner, but McQullian equalised a few minutes later with a fine finish from a sweeping move. Second half Haddington had more of the ball and went ahead shortly after the restart when again the Blackburn defence could have done better to clear. With 12 minutes left Campbell sprung the offside trap but the keeper blocked well but Fraser Spence stroked home the rebound.

A few observations. Referee poor. Haddington No.11 booked for comical dive after 5 minutes, and then was it MAXX who was sent from the dugout after a wee kick out at Campbell who had ran into the dugout trying to keep a ball in play? Seemed not much in it.

maxx kicking out at folk, diny believe that! He was never 1 to kick anybody when he played, lol

maxx kicking out at folk, diny believe that! He was never 1 to kick anybody when he played, lol

Lol true when I was a player (saying a player loosely before anyone else does) but come one Burnie man at least report on what actually happened. The Blackburn player ran into the dugout and kicked me so I pushed him away. Either way it was something over nothing to be fair but like a player you can't lift your hands I suppose. The ref said it was for aggressive behaviour so I guess he's right, he was right about every other decision today aswell eh ;-)

Dunbar 5 v 2 Crossgates

Dunbar made several changes and a few players who haven't been playing , all got a game. Dunbar raced into a 4-0 lead inside the first 30 minutes and then fell right out the game. Poor defensive errors allowed Crossgates to score two goals, the second a fine individual effort, where the player concerned went past about 6 players. Second half was poor and Dunbar got a late goal.

Dunbar scorers, McCormack-2,K,Tait,Ferguson,Grant.

Lol true when I was a player (saying a player loosely before anyone else does) but come one Burnie man at least report on what actually happened. The Blackburn player ran into the dugout and kicked me so I pushed him away. Either way it was something over nothing to be fair but like a player you can't lift your hands I suppose. The ref said it was for aggressive behaviour so I guess he's right, he was right about every other decision today aswell eh ;-)

I never saw it clearly hence question mark, but it was all handbags stuff anyway although I'll need to say to Danny if he kicked you it should have been harder ;-) ref over reacted as he did most of the game. He was also shite at offsides!

Watched haddington v Blackburn today.. Interesting game.. Haddington looking the more dangerous team throughout although Blackburn very quick on break and affective... was over on the dugout side when the MAXX incident happened.... You have my backing here MAXX as the ball was out of play and he had a kick at you...( heard you kicked many a players in your time) on the outcome haddington deserved to win fair play to Blackburn who dug in well but a point a piece Blackburn never gained any ground.

Watched haddington v Blackburn today.. Interesting game.. Haddington looking the more dangerous team throughout although Blackburn very quick on break and affective... was over on the dugout side when the MAXX incident happened.... You have my backing here MAXX as the ball was out of play and he had a kick at you...( heard you kicked many a players in your time) on the outcome haddington deserved to win fair play to Blackburn who dug in well but a point a piece Blackburn never gained any ground.

Yes I agree with your assessment I thought Haddington were the better team but got caught with two break always. To be fair to blackburn they took their chances and had some terrible decisions go against them in the first half with offsides. I counted 3 that to me looked onside. Seen the dug out incident which was handbags at best, the guy didn't deserve to be sent off for me. It was quite comical as I'm sure I seen the ref run over and push the Haddington striker when him and another boy had a set too, his push was worse than the dug out one lol. Re the refs performance, seemed to frustrate both teams and tried his best to ruin the game. Enjoyed the game though, second time in 2 weeks been down to millfield and enjoyed both games.

The assistant in the haddy dug out needs to think about his language, he clearly hasn't got the vocabulary skills to not swear with every second word, especially with an 8 year old standing next to the dug out calling him an idiot with his ridiculous outbursts, no wonder people don't want to take kids to these games!! To be fair tho I can understand how hard it is to shout without swearing, I for 1 won't be standing anywhere near the bench with kids at future games!! Great role model for future players/fans.

Yes I agree with your assessment I thought Haddington were the better team but got caught with two break always. To be fair to blackburn they took their chances and had some terrible decisions go against them in the forts half with offsides. I counted 3 that to me looked onside. Seen the dug out incident which was handbags at best, the guy didn't deserve to be sent off for me. It was quite comical as I'm sure I seen the red run over and push the Haddington striker when him and another boy had a set too, his push was worse than the dug out one lol. Re the refs performance, seemed to frustrate both teams and tried his best to ruin the game. Enjoyed the game though, second time in 2 weeks been down to millfield and enjoyed both games.

Haha, everyone knows smally isn't intelligent enough to know 2 +2 is 4. Leave the lad alone, him and Johnny are doing a great job!!!!

Referees are always right didnt you know that Maxx lol

The assistant in the haddy dug out needs to think about his language, he clearly hasn't got the vocabulary skills to not swear with every second word, especially with an 8 year old standing next to the dug out calling him an idiot with his ridiculous outbursts, no wonder people don't want to take kids to these games!! To be fair tho I can understand how hard it is to shout without swearing, I for 1 won't be standing anywhere near the bench with kids at future games!! Great role model for future players/ fans.

you never see/hear professionals swear on tv like?

you never see/hear professionals swear on tv like?

I am afraid the assistants language is shocking and there isn't any defence for it. Whether professionals on the tv swear or not really isn't the point. Haddington are a community club and the management should conduct themselves accordingly. We can all swear in the heat if the moment, but I agree that its every second word. Sort it out.

Ps. I thought Haddington were by far the better team yesterday. Should have won.

I'm not so sure they did. They had the bulk of the play second half, but overall I think a draw was a fair result. On chances created, they didn't make our keeper work any harder than theirs. If the referee applied the offiside law correctly, then we would have had a few more chances first half.

I am afraid the assistants language is shocking and there isn't any defence for it. Whether professionals on the tv swear or not really isn't the point. Haddington are a community club and the management should conduct themselves accordingly. We can all swear in the heat if the moment, but I agree that its every second word. Sort it out.

Ps. I thought Haddington were by far the better team yesterday. Should have won.

I was referring to the great role model for players/fans bit... You watch games on tv and you see players managers swearing at refs when things don't go there way

I was referring to the great role model for players/fans bit... You watch games on tv and you see players managers swearing at refs when things don't go there way

Ok. And my point is that the HiHi assistant can't complete a sentence without swearing.

Is this where we're at now criticising people's language at football ffs . It will be non contact silent football next !!!

You don't need to swear to have passion and get orders across. Don't be so ridiculous. There are children there - the club is a community club and by that token the kids are encouraged to become part of the club through the youth setup and involvement in match days as spectators, ball boys etc.

Archived