East Region South Division Thread 2014-2015

Burnie_man

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must say taking away how bad tranent were rosyth are a very decent side and play some good football . They won't be far away come end of season

thanks mate, we played well the first half but no so well the second half as tranent made 2 subs at half time who were both very good, the boy ross lead the line well the second half .

Disciplined performance today from Dunbar, much better than last weeks fiasco. Rosyth and Haddington win again. Next weeks fixtures look pretty enviting for wins for the top 3. I believe the loser of the Blackburn v Whitburn game will need to start preparing for promotion next year even this early.

Dinnae talk a load of shite.

Is anything I said so wrong ya tube??

I asked a simple question as I was impressed with the No.9 from the 1st meeting and you jump down my throat. Well here goes Sam Young did play really well yesterday but I still preferred the other guy. Also you's are a shower of lowzy 2nd rate c***s. Never even had the Decency to come back to our pub after the game. Our wee canteen Lassys who volunteer put on a fantastic spread and most of it went in the bucket after your no show. Look forward to you's finishing 3rd ya bams!!

I asked a simple question as I was impressed with the No.9 from the 1st meeting and you jump down my throat. Well here goes Sam Young did play really well yesterday but I still preferred the other guy. Also you's are a shower of lowzy 2nd rate c***s. Never even had the Decency to come back to our pub after the game. Our wee canteen Lassys who volunteer put on a fantastic spread and most of it went in the bucket after your no show. Look forward to you's finishing 3rd ya bams!!

That is poor if true. You should contact the club and complain.

Dunbar making more friends I see, terrible if true.

Never a bad loser as we proved earlier in the season, despite a 5-2 reverse we took it on the chin and sat after the game in the bar/lounge area and put a few £££'s over the bar when it would've been easier to jump in our cars and head home.

Also thinking back after the game a few of your players were total disrespectful banging on our dressing room door saying we were shite and to get back to fife.

Agreed, players and committee should always have the decency to show face at hospitality after the game. If no one has turned up then this should be addressed. Of course your allowed your opinion, not sure why others are jumping down your throat. It's quite reasonable after only seeing both of the players once to make that personal judgement.

Not sure if any of the players went to the after match hospitality but all six of the Dunbar committee certainly went after collecting all the kit from the dressing room. We were late but walked along with the Crossgates secretary and were made very welcome and no bad feeling between either clubs was felt at this time.

I will bring up this problem at our committee meeting on Monday night and try and make sure it doesn't happen again .... If true.

Not sure if any of the players went to the after match hospitality but all six of the Dunbar committee certainly went after collecting all the kit from the dressing room. We were late but walked along with the Crossgates secretary and were made very welcome and no bad feeling between either clubs was felt at this time.

I will bring up this problem at our committee meeting on Monday night and try and make sure it doesn't happen again .... If true.

Wasn't there a discussion on this same thing last year can't remember if it was Blackburn or Edinburgh but seem to remember folk having a go a Dunbar for the same thing. Clubs do really rely on sponsors and that kind of thing makes it difficult when people lay on food etc and folk don't go back. I'm sure the guy posting this wouldn't make it up so must be true.

Wasn't there a discussion on this same thing last year can't remember if it was Blackburn or Edinburgh but seem to remember folk having a go a Dunbar for the same thing. Clubs do really rely on sponsors and that kind of thing makes it difficult when people lay on food etc and folk don't go back. I'm sure the guy posting this wouldn't make it up so must be true.

You are a shit stirring little erse.

pretty sure it was the Edinburgh game they never went back to the pub. The 1 when they got beat then protested.

If sunnydunny has said that 6 Dunbar committee men walked along the road with the Crossgates secretary, for something to eat, that kind of contradicts what you are saying. Maybe your secretary could clear it up .

yes i know what hes saying. sean left haddington and 16 months later he was in the scotland junior set up. there is not a hope in hell mcquillan hes been the best striker in that league for the last 10 years, debatable whether he was just now. maybe the most consistant scoring 20+ every season

It's all about opinions, I only see Blackburn games so can't really judge other strikers. Is he the best in the last 5/10 years? I dunno, he's been the best for Blackburn though!

West Calder Utd 1 Blackburn Utd 2

The middle of the pitch was pretty heavy and I was surprised the game went ahead, but it did and Danny Campbell opened after 10 minutes with a sweet finish, his third or is it fourth? in the last two games in the "McQuillan" role. West Calder equalised after half an hour with a dubious handball decision. Wightman saved but the rebound was slotted home, however the lead was regained shortly afterwards with a clinical finish from Lurinksyj.

West Calder saw more of the ball second half but couldn't get an equaliser despite hitting a post late on.

West Calder Utd 1 Blackburn Utd 2

The middle of the pitch was pretty heavy and I was surprised the game went ahead, but it did and Danny Campbell opened after 10 minutes with a sweet finish, his third or is it fourth? in the last two games in the "McQuillan" role. West Calder equalised after half an hour with a dubious handball decision. Wightman saved but the rebound was slotted home, however the lead was regained shortly afterwards with a clinical finish from Lurinksyj.

West Calder saw more of the ball second half but couldn't get an equaliser despite hitting a post late on.

Good three points for Blackburn. West Calder have had a topsy turvy season. Competed and defeated super league teams in cups (where other south division sides have fell miles short) this season but faltered badly in the league, particularly at home.

So, with a few of the South Division teams hitting the half-way point, it's probably time for a stat-attack

Pos	Team	               Pld	 W	D	L	 F	 A     Pts
1.	Haddington Athletic	13	11	1	1	44	17	34
2.	Rosyth	                12	10	1	1	41	13	31
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.	Dunbar United	        12	8	2	2	40	18	26
4.	Blackburn United	13	7	2	4	28	19	23
5.	Whitburn Juniors	13	7	1	5	36	25	22
6.	Lochgelly Albert	11	4	5	2	23	17	17
7.	Stoneyburn Juniors	12	5	2	5	16	19	17
8.	Falkirk Juniors	        11      5	1	5	21	17	16
9.	West Calder United	12	3	5	4	18	18	14
10.	Tranent Juniors	        11	3	1	7	15	24	10
11.	Harthill Royal	        12	3	1	8	13	35	10
12.	Livingston United	12	2	1	9	 8	25	 7
13.	Pumpherston Juniors	13	1	3	9	15	45	 6
14.	Crossgates Primrose	11	1	2	8	 9	35	 5

Historically:

No champions have lost more than 5 games in the season

Points per game:

Highest - 2.43 Newtongrange 2006/07, 68 pts from 28 games

Lowest - 2.12 Armadale 2008/09, 55 pts from 26 games

No 2nd place team has lost more than 7 games in the season

Points per game:

Highest - 2.32 Sauchie 2006/07, 65 pts from 28 games (no promotion)

Lowest - 1.96 Tranent 2008/09, 51 pts from 26 games (no promotion) & Pumpherston 2012/13, 55 pts from 28 games

Currently:

Teams over 2 pts/game: Haddington 2.62, Rosyth 2.58, Dunbar 2.17. It's then a bit of a gap to Blackburn on 1.77

League form over last 6 games:

W6 D0 L0 Rosyth

W4 D1 L1 Whitburn, Falkirk, Haddington

W3 D1 L2, Dunbar, Lochgelly

Hotshots - goals for per game: Rosyth 3.42, Haddington 3.38, Dunbar 3.33, Whitburn 2.77

Meanies - goals against per game: Rosyth 1.08, Haddington 1.31, Blackburn 1.46, Dunbar & West Calder 1.50

Cup Competitions

Scottish Junior Cup 3rd Round

West Calder v Clydebank

Culter v Falkirk

East of Scotland Cup 2nd Round

Crossgates Primrose 0-4 Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Kelty Hearts v Blackburn United
Lochgelly Albert 0-2 Bathgate Thistle
Lochore Welfare v Dunbar United
Stoneyburn v Musselburgh Athletic
Fife & Lothians Cup 3rd Round
Oakley United / Bo’ness United / Livingston United v Musselburgh Athletic
Penicuik Athletic v Pumpherston
Blackburn United v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Camelon / Dunbar United v Kelty Hearts
Dundonald Bluebell v Edinburgh United / Whitburn

Good three points for Blackburn. West Calder have had a topsy turvy season. Competed and defeated super league teams in cups (where other south division sides have fell miles short) this season but faltered badly in the league, particularly at home.

Hermand Park is not a good hunting ground for us so I'm pleased we got the win. I can't see Haddington or Rosyth dropping enough points for us to get back into the promotion hunt sadly, but you never know.

Archived