The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2014-2015

glensmad

Not want to score points here but I think you will find it was six gjfc25, Orr, McKay and manager Campbell last week, and 3 this week.

it was a great 3 points on the road though if 3-2 down sounds like the home side bottled it.

Doesnt make it better but its 5 in 2 games
After a full riot almost 3 for greenock and 2 for Ardeer sent off at same time. For the 5 that was sent off was harsh as every 1 was in among it try to calm it but over heated

3-2 down with 8 men greenock done fantastic to win 5-3

Tbh ref had done well considering the circumstances and always spoke to you

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ardeer v Greenock was one of those crazy games that we used to have every other week a few years ago, unfortunately we lost this one.

Started much more solidly than in the last couple of matches but threw the game away from a winning position. Good comeback from Greenock but we seemed to completely lose focus after the game effectively stopped for nearly 10 minutes due to all the red cards being dished out.

Greenock's number 9 took his goal really well but I could see him gesturing towards the crowd after scoring. He then seemed to be the main instigator of the massive rammy shortly after we went 3-2 up and was reluctant to leave the pitch after seeing red then nearly made things worse by trying to confront some of our fans.

There could have definitely been more red cards as there were players on both sides heavily involved who went unpenalised. George Bonner's sending off was bit odd as he was given a second yellow when others could have easily saw red. The third Greenock sending off two minutes later was for a blatant off-the-ball elbow well spotted by the far-side linesman. We then completely failed to take advantage of the extra man, and conceded three goals far too cheaply.

The police turning up was a bit of a mystery. There was no off field trouble and none of the Ardeer contingent summoned them. They arrived, asked some questions and then went away towards the end without any issue.

Is there any confirmation anywhere about the Maybole management team after the rumours on here last night ? Their website hasn't been updated since last weekend. I'm obviously interested as we're due to play them on Saturday.

Ardeer never "had the winning of the game" last week, they were a goal down after 3 minutes and 3-0 down after 24 minutes. Yes, they had a good 10-minute spell in the run-up to half time, but they never really looked like equalising or winning the game in the second half.
Heard that Ardeer reverted to their usual back 4 too late ie.after they were 3 down.After that they score 2 and could have had at least one penalty

They never had the winning of yesterdays game either... 3-2 up wae a man advantage n they got beat 5-3 n it could have been more! Great comeback for greenock!

As you say Ardeer were 3-2 up with a man advantage.

Heard that Ardeer reverted to their usual back 4 too late ie.after they were 3 down.After that they score 2 and could have had at least one penalty

True, but they were behind from the third minute and never got level in the game. I wouldn't exactly call that "having the winning of the game".

What's fascinating about this league is the sheer unpredictability of it

For example, some teams really impress me and other are the opposite, yet when 2 of these teams meet, you frequently get the opposite result to what you think

For example Yoker really impressed me and just prior to playing bottom of the table Largs, I thought this was a home banker, yet Largs win 4-1

However everyone knows Largs will come with a run and be in the shake up, so that's maybe not a good example, but you know what I mean

Most games are very much "on the day" and refereeing decisions, state of pitch, suspensions and injuries play a huge part, much more so than professional football

Pollok look home and hosed but Beith had more points on the board from the same number of games last season and didn't win the league, so who knows

Looks like any one of next 6 playing for second and 3rd place plus Largs too

True, but they were behind from the third minute and never got level in the game. I wouldn't exactly call that "having the winning of the game".

Yep, I don't see how anyone can say we had the winning of the game against you. We did well to get within a goal after the terrible start. Glencairn were comfortable after McNeil got his 4th, may have been different if we were awarded any of our penalty claims but that's just speculation.

Yep, I don't see how anyone can say we had the winning of the game against you. We did well to get within a goal after the terrible start. Glencairn were comfortable after McNeil got his 4th, may have been different if we were awarded any of our penalty claims but that's just speculation.

I said Ardeer made a BIG tactical mistake before it was righted.That's where the game was lost.Just like the shambles at the tail end of yesterday's game.

I said Ardeer made a BIG tactical mistake before it was righted.That's where the game was lost.Just like the shambles at the tail end of yesterday's game.

Yep I agree. We must start to play as well as we can for the full 90 minutes or we'll be in bother at the bottom of the table.

Is there any confirmation anywhere about the Maybole management team after the rumours on here last night ? Their website hasn't been updated since last weekend. I'm obviously interested as we're due to play them on Saturday.

The rumours are unfortunately true. Peter and the rest of the coaching staff have decided to leave the club. Myself and the rest of the players are surprised and gutted at this. On behalf of the players, we wish them all well wherever they end up next. Peter has been a loyal servant to maybole and has done a great job at maybole in the 9 years he has been here and will be missed for all the efforts he put in off the field too. Wherever they end up will be lucky to have them.

The rumours are unfortunately true. Peter and the rest of the coaching staff have decided to leave the club. Myself and the rest of the players are surprised and gutted at this. On behalf of the players, we wish them all well wherever they end up next. Peter has been a loyal servant to maybole and has done a great job at maybole in the 9 years he has been here and will be missed for all the efforts he put in off the field too. Wherever they end up will be lucky to have them.

That gives an added dimension to our match next week. Teams who have just lost their manager can be dangerous to play, the wounded animal effect, a team with a common cause to "do it for the old gaffer", or a team with a point to prove to the new manager who has just come in or about to come in. We will have to match that attitude and determination to get the right result.

That gives an added dimension to our match next week. Teams who have just lost their manager can be dangerous to play, the wounded animal effect, a team with a common cause to "do it for the old gaffer", or a team with a point to prove to the new manager who has just come in or about to come in. We will have to match that attitude and determination to get the right result.

Or they can be down and there for the taking.

Archived