Heart of Midlothian 2014-

That's irrelevant. If the league was to end now it wouldn't say "aw but they won it on goal difference" on the league table. It'd say Hibernian champions. Again.

It doesn't end now though. You can't say that McKinnon is not doing a very good job based on your fictional idea that the league ends now. He is doing a good job and has United matching Hibs very well so far.

21 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Happy to predict with the utmost confidence that the Hibernian bois will be celebrating at the end of the season again. 4U0m6pP.png

Let's not dwell on old predictions too much though, what with all the chat about peak level Hibs being offered out by certain characters circa w/c 16 May 2016. eMlO2Ay.png

That was peak Hibs, tbf. 4U0m6pP.png

11 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

You'd never heard of MacPhee a week ago ffs :lol:

Tpm51f2.png

Edited by Elixir

28 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

It doesn't end now though. You can't say that McKinnon is not doing a very good job based on your fictional idea that the league ends now. He is doing a good job and has United matching Hibs very well so far.

Indeed he is doing a very good job. The reason we're ahead on goal difference though is that even whilst playing a clogger 5-3-2 all season that has no business being played by a league favourite, we're still outscoring United.

Throw in a couple of ballers in January so Lewy and Fontaine aren't getting the ball 100 times a game and we'll have far too much.

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

That was peak Hibs, tbf. 4U0m6pP.png

7dTWNk4.png

Really interesting appointments by Hearts. I've followed Cathro's career since he came into the spotlight at United and there have always been dinosaurs decrying the fact that he has no playing experience. I don't think he made too many friends at Largs due to his comments regarding the effectiveness of the coaching courses on offer (in fact, I seem to recall he refused to do one of the early courses, preferring to follow his own methods before being forced to in order to get his licence), and I suspect that still cuts deep with weapons like Jamie Fullarton.

Before last week, Austin MacPhee had flown right under my radar but seems to be extremely well regarded as a coach and tactician. I do wonder whether they might just be too 'Moneyball' though but working in tandem with Levein could be a winner.

I suspect however that there'll be no middle ground - they'll either be a rip-roaring success or abject failures. I hope it's the former though because I'd deplore to see the old guard smugly tell us all that they knew best all along.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you actually believe any of that?

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you actually believe any of that?

Every bit of it. The standard of football is the worst I have ever seen. For the good of our game, I hope the appointment is a success. It's about time clubs stopped appointing these clueless dinosaurs who improve nothing.