Heart of Midlothian 2014-

In fairness Pearson got on just fine with us when he came back from his first stint in India. I'm fairly sure Hughes would be fine. There are some really weird names in that league, just having a quick look Diego Forlan, Florent Malouda, John Arne-Riise, Bernard Mendy, Didier Zokora and Mohamed Sissoko were all playing over there this season. Pearson was playing in the same side as Helder Postiga.
From the sound of things it's just a really easy and well paid short term gig as the league itself only runs for about 3 months.

Pearson also plays with Dani Mallo :wub:

2 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

If any Hamilton fans can confirm this left back is:

a) Actually left footed

and

b) Actually any good

it'd be appreciated.

I saw him play against us in the New Year derby, saw he'd been released immediately afterwards and though that would be the last we heard of him. To be honest I'm amazed Hearts have signed him.

I don't see how he improves the left back position at all if that's a perceived weak area for Hearts.  Someone on Steelman Online described him as "the worst professional footballer I've ever seen".  I wouldn't go that far but he was absolute fucking garbage.

But maybe he was better in the other 5 matches he started for Accies.

Can't understand the Well fans comments. He was ok in that game, in fact he came close to scoring on one of his ventures upfield. He's looked good in the games I've seen. Very composed on the ball. Can maybe seem a bit too casual at times and of course will occasionally get caught out. But he's good enough for Scottish football. I think he'll be used as cover at Hearts though. May be better as left side of a back three. That was his role in the 3-3 with Hearts.

We've offered Aaron Hughes a deal. If he can organise and talk players through games he might be able to do us a turn as the back 4 have looked a fucking mess the last few months. Not convinced he has the legs though or he wouldn't have been scraping about in Australia and India for a game.  

Pretty sure he played every game in the euros last summer didn't he?

Great signing for someone like Souttar though.

Another good thing about Hughes is that he might be tempted to join our coaching team/conveyor belt when he hangs up his boots win/win either way his excellent experience will rub off on the younger players and he gets to join our ambitous set up and learn from the best in Levein and co

Lennard Sowah gives off the aroma of a fantastic player in waiting, tbh he will be like Marcelo in comparison to that wage thief Juwon 'World cup squad' Oshaniwa