Heart of Midlothian 2014-

It's pretty dissapointing that Kris Boyd has turned out to be correct. I remember when he was saying how Cathro wasn't really a people person and was bad at communicating and I thought that was probably quite unfair as he was maybe just quiet but he really does come across as a bit of a p***k tbf. Speaks in riddles and can't handle the slightest question that dares to mention hearts failings. 

It's actually quite incredible how we've gone from getting promoted at the first attempt with a record points total, and finishing six points off second place in our first season back, to this.

The management of the football department has been a disaster since we got promoted. The signing policy, the way players have been treated, the tactics and motivation have all been dreadful. Levein's coat should be on a shoogly peg.

It's also unbelievable that we managed to find a worse manager than Gary Locke within two appointments. :lol:

Edited by DC92

Not sure I understand the hype around Cathro, tbh. It all seems to stem from Ryan Gauld coming through, and him being able to rattle of "buzzwords". I'm a tragic individual so I've seen a chunk of his interviews, and he comes across similar to the 18 year new guy who's read every textbook, cover to cover, and expects everything to simply fall into place for him, as all he ever speaks in is cliches and the aforementioned "buzzwords" about how he'll create a "brand of exciting football, infused with youth development and a desire to win", when asked how he actually intends to go about it, he just passes over it and speaks about how it'll have to be the correct club for him.
Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I reckon he'd be a pretty poor appointment for you lot at the moment, tbh. 

*smug face*

1 minute ago, DC92 said:

It's actually quite incredible how we've gone from getting promoted at the first attempt with a record points total, and finishing six points off second place in our first season back, to this.

The management of the football department has been a disaster since we got promoted. The signinh policy, the way players have been treated, the tactics and motivation have all been dreadful. Levein's coat should be on a shoogly peg.

It's also unbelievable that we managed to find a worse manager than Gary Locke within two appointments. :lol:

The spelling policy doesn't look that great, either...

Let's get one thing straight about Boyd though. He was correct in what he said about Cathro personally, he is totally wrong that you have to be a 'football person' to succeed in management, or that somehow using laptops and analysis was laughable.

3 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

Let's get one thing straight about Boyd though. He was correct in what he said about Cathro personally, he is totally wrong that you have to be a 'football person' to succeed in management, or that somehow using laptops and analysis was laughable.

Aye, 100%. Just a shame that the one person we have that's tried to openly implement those things has been a complete f**k up. 

To summarise the two halves of the capital:

Hibernian Football Club:

- Record season ticket numbers and growing. 

- Championship Winners 2017. 

- Scottish Cup Winners 2016. 

- League Cup Winners 2007. 

- Largest and most attractive football stadium in Edinburgh. 

- Our own state of the art training complex. 

- Minimal debt. 

- Genuine progression towards fan ownership. 

- A Champions League last 16 manager. 

Heart of Midlothian Football Club:

- Ian Cathro. 

- Squad of journeymen huddies. 

- Major discontent amongst their support. 

- Debt, with the club genuinely getting the begging bowl out with a cash cow. 

- Millions sunk on a stand which will be a millstone around the club's neck for years. 

- Permanent repetitional damage as a result of the shameless charity robbing. 

PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. 

1 minute ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hibernian FC Football Club:

- Minimal debt. 

- Ian Cathro. 

- Millions sunk on a stand which will be a millstone around the club's neck for years. 

PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. PLEASING. 

FTFY

Usually if I read fans online speaking negatively about their team, my first reaction is normally "surely they can't be as poor as they're making out" and reserve judgement until I see them.

I was more confident yesterday going to Tynecastle than usual (though not too much as our record there down the years is dismal) but the suggestions from Hearts supporters (and those from Peterhead midweek) about them were pretty bang on. It shocked me to see how poor they were yesterday. We played well, passed it with confidence and played on the front foot, and although Murdoch made two really excellent saves and they had the unbelievable miss at the end, I felt we were the better side and deserved to go through.

Hearts lacked cohesion, ideas or a game plan. The tactic seemed to be hit it to Lafferty at any given opportunity, as early as possible, and hope for something to happen. They should be capable of putting out a side, especially at home against a team from a lower division, that's capable of stringing some passes together, playing in behind their opponent and creating chances from open play?

That didn't happen and defensively they looked poor. Our young lad Callum Smith did really well to set up our second goal but what was Souttar doing? And, more to the point, what's Cathro doing hanging him out to dry in his post-match comments?

I liked the appointment and hoped he would succeed, especially after being immediately written off. It was refreshing to see a club like Hearts give a highly regarded young coach a chance, but it clearly hasn't worked. Levein surely has to carry the can for this as well?

It seems to me as an outsider that taking on that job has been too big for Cathro, certainly as this stage in his career. The abuse that we could hear towards him in the stadium was pretty bad, and if that's a majority view, surely there's only going to be one outcome.

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:

It's pretty dissapointing that Kris Boyd has turned out to be correct. I remember when he was saying how Cathro wasn't really a people person and was bad at communicating and I thought that was probably quite unfair as he was maybe just quiet but he really does come across as a bit of a p***k tbf. Speaks in riddles and can't handle the slightest question that dares to mention hearts failings. 

He has Asperger's.

47 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hibernian Football Club:

- Minimal debt. 

- Ian Cathro. 

Good night on the cooking sherry, bud?

55 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Hibernian Football Club:

- Minimal debt. 

- Ian Cathro. 

This is really positive reading.

I will expect a genuine top league title challenge from Hibs soon as surely that is the real measure of success for the capital clubs.