Heart of Midlothian 2014-

As predicted by many yesterday, Barry Ferguson is in the Daily Ranger referring to Lafferty to The Rangers as a "no brainer".  I am not a fan of Hearts or Lafferty, but the way that a national newspaper is used as a cheerleader for The Rangers is disgraceful.

As an aside, when Hearts came to play us in a friendly at the beginning of last season, Lafferty's signing seemed to add some power to the elbows of the sectarian bigots within the Hearts support, maybe The Rangers is the best place for him as he seems to be that way inclined anyway.

36 minutes ago, East Calder Lion said:

As predicted by many yesterday, Barry Ferguson is in the Daily Ranger referring to Lafferty to The Rangers as a "no brainer".  I am not a fan of Hearts or Lafferty, but the way that a national newspaper is used as a cheerleader for The Rangers is disgraceful.

As an aside, when Hearts came to play us in a friendly at the beginning of last season, Lafferty's signing seemed to add some power to the elbows of the sectarian bigots within the Hearts support, maybe The Rangers is the best place for him as he seems to be that way inclined anyway.

The more interesting thing in the Record about Lafferty is their claim that Hearts were paying him a much higher wage last season, but this has automatically reduced now that he is in the second (and final) year of the contract. Can't say that I've heard of that kind of contract structure before. I guess Hearts must have swallowed that to just get him in the door last year, then take what they can get this summer for him. The Record also says that Qarabag (Azerbaijan) and a Korean team are interested in him. They would probably pay more than Rangers, but his staunchness is likely to get in the way.

After what I just watched they better have plenty of champagne.

A treble is looking like a certainty with a knighthood for the pioneer of free flowing football Mr Levein.

*Put your mortgage on it...

*You may lose as well as win.

Actually looked decent to he fair.  Maybe it won't be as dreadful as we all thought a month ago.

Edited by Tynierose

League: Hearts

Scottish Cup: Hearts

League Cup: Hearts

MotY: Craig Levein

PotY: Uche Ikpeazu

YPotY: Callumnnnnnnn Morrison

Champions League: Some dafties keeping it warm for Hearts next year

Might as well get the deckchairs and cigars out now. 

PowttJS.gif

Lee Ashcroft vs Uche Ikpeazu could be an interesting battle. Hope you bring through a decent crowd, just think of the Bridies.

League: Hearts
Scottish Cup: Hearts
League Cup: Hearts
MotY: Craig Levein
PotY: Uche Ikpeazu
YPotY: Callumnnnnnnn Morrison
Champions League: Some dafties keeping it warm for Hearts next year
Might as well get the deckchairs and cigars out now. 
PowttJS.gif&key=733fe7038f7bfce85632b77efad710de2e8c750038b2eaf7b0f25e12ce178d8e

You’re forgetting the Nobel Peace Prize, Best Picture Oscar and knighthoods all round

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That’s liable to cost Craig Levein the “Spectacle wearer of the year” award.

And has probably destroyed Ann Budge’s hopes of winning rear of the year

I've just been sick.

I can’t help but feel we’re all getting a little carried but I am fully on board! Uche is going to win the league by his fucking self! Expecting around 100 goals from the main man this season.

On 28/07/2018 at 07:21, East Calder Lion said:

the way that a national newspaper is used as a cheerleader for The Rangers is disgraceful.

Do they still print the Daily Record?

I honestly can't remember the last time I seen anybody reading it.

14 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

He's been one of our best players so far, hard working,direct and great at creating enough space to get a cross in.

Good to hear, hope he makes it. You think he’ll be part of the first team plans or will be loaned out?