Heart of Midlothian 2014-

The Japanese boy we are trying to get in from City sounds really exciting.  Likes to dribble and run at players apparently.  I'll give it half a training session before Levein knocks that out of him.

Work permit looks like it may be an issue with him never having features internationally and very limited games in the top flight in Japan. Hopefully an establishment club like ourselves can see the deal through with the correct handshakes.

36 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Work permit looks like it may be an issue with him never having features internationally and very limited games in the top flight in Japan. Hopefully an establishment club like ourselves can see the deal through with the correct handshakes.

It is Scotland so you can never be sure unless you're Celtic, but he should get one ok under the "exceptional talent" proviso.  21 and signed for money by Manchester City. 

Not excited about Meshino because, despite being a Man City player and looking very talented in his video:

1)  Loanees we sign from big English clubs are never good (Stewart, Ngoo, Randall, Smith-Brown, Mitchell in his second spell). Even Choulay (remember him?) was at Barcelona.

2)  I've no idea of the relative standards of the J1 League and the Scottish Premiership, but I'd imagine the difference in the style of football might be quite a big adjustment for a 5'7" attacker (see also: Koki Mizuno).

3) I am inherently suspicious of anyone with a big reputation but no actual track record to speak of (see also: Cathro, Gauld). He made his second ever start for Gamba's first team  on the 1st of June and was in and out of the starting line-up after that. Man City can afford to take punts like this for pocket change.

4) The only other player I can remember us (successfully) applying for a work permit for was Juwon Oshaniwa.

I think we've had a good window so far, but a striker who can score goals would be nice.

Someone has made a list of all of our signings during the Budge/Levein era on another forum. Makes for harrowing reading.

http://www.talkhearts.co.uk/thread-6451.html

Still, positive that Zlamal has hopefully played his last game provided el gato ain't a pup.

Japanese lad seems like an interesting prospect. If I was city I wouldn't be loaning creative players to us when tactically we will just play to stifle.  

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Was speaking to someone who works at Hearts last night and they told me the atmosphere at the club is horrendous at the minute. Apparently the media team are taking absolute pelters from those upstairs.

Is this someone who works for Hearts or "someone who works for Hearts"? 😄

Was speaking to someone who works at Hearts last night and they told me the atmosphere at the club is horrendous at the minute. Apparently the media team are taking absolute pelters from those upstairs.

Find that very hard to believe considering the feel good atmosphere around the club at the moment...

Why would the media team be getting stick from upstairs? The media side is about the only department doing its job.

Exactly. Start being mediocre like the fearless leader wants us to be f**k sake. Bare minimum! Anything else just raises expectations.

Going to swing my big ITK boaby around here. Amongst my close personal friends (greggy.png) are two prominent Edinburgh sports journalists and a Hearts employee of good standing for years. 

I've dropped the post in our group chat to a large measure of incredulity (7LQPxQG.png)

4 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Someone has made a list of all of our signings during the Budge/Levein era on another forum. Makes for harrowing reading.

http://www.talkhearts.co.uk/thread-6451.html

Still, positive that Zlamal has hopefully played his last game provided el gato ain't a pup.

Japanese lad seems like an interesting prospect. If I was city I wouldn't be loaning creative players to us when tactically we will just play to stifle.  

Some amount of shite.

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Fucking well should be anaw for their music they play in the social media content tbf.

15 hours ago, DC92 said:

Not excited about Meshino because, despite being a Man City player and looking very talented in his video:

1)  Loanees we sign from big English clubs are never good (Stewart, Ngoo, Randall, Smith-Brown, Mitchell in his second spell). Even Choulay (remember him?) was at Barcelona.

2)  I've no idea of the relative standards of the J1 League and the Scottish Premiership, but I'd imagine the difference in the style of football might be quite a big adjustment for a 5'7" attacker (see also: Koki Mizuno).

3) I am inherently suspicious of anyone with a big reputation but no actual track record to speak of (see also: Cathro, Gauld). He made his second ever start for Gamba's first team  on the 1st of June and was in and out of the starting line-up after that. Man City can afford to take punts like this for pocket change.

4) The only other player I can remember us (successfully) applying for a work permit for was Juwon Oshaniwa.

I think we've had a good window so far, but a striker who can score goals would be nice.

And McCallum. You forgot him. A striker that made Conor Sammon look deadly. Ignore what club they are contracted to. Go on the evidence of your own scout's eyes.

I wouldn't say these guys are hopeless - I thought Randall and Ngoo were decent. It's just that they are no better than squad-fillers and, for the one season that they last, they block the youngsters. 

Because we've used the loan market poorly doesn't mean there aren't good players available, especially from the bigger English clubs.  Roberts and Kent being good examples, if you can get lucky and get someone willing to work hard and not think they are better than our level it can be a good avenue.

And McCallum. You forgot him. A striker that made Conor Sammon look deadly. Ignore what club they are contracted to. Go on the evidence of your own scout's eyes.
I wouldn't say these guys are hopeless - I thought Randall and Ngoo were decent. It's just that they are no better than squad-fillers and, for the one season that they last, they block the youngsters. 

Ngoo was as far away from decent as you could possibly get! Still have nightmares about the St Mirren cup final. For an absolute unit he got completely bitched by the St Mirren defence.

Quick look on google brings up a funny story on how he got arrested two years later for selling laughing gas at a festival and narrowly avoided jail time.