Heart of Midlothian 2014-

@BarryAnderson_: Hearts tell Scott Robinson & David Smith they are free to go if they can find new clubs. See Edinburgh Evening News. @edinburghpaper #HMFC

Didnae see that coming - seems strange as we only have Gomis, Buaben, and Holt for CM, and King, Nicholson, and Walker for the wide positions.

@BarryAnderson_: Hearts tell Scott Robinson & David Smith they are free to go if they can find new clubs. See Edinburgh Evening News. @edinburghpaper #HMFC

Didnae see that coming - seems strange as we only have Gomis, Buaben, and Holt for CM, and King, Nicholson, and Walker for the wide positions.

My guess is that if we are looking to be this development type club, we'll be looking to push Beith and McKirdy in the centre. I know that they're both young, but if they are really going to be good enough we've got to push them harder. Out wide, I believe El Hass can play there as well, and Flannigan is also waiting on the wings (zing) so we'd still have back up out there.

Personally, I'd like to hold onto both until at least January for the sake of back up to the squad.

The couple times I seen Robinson, he looked decent. What's gone on there?

No idea, mate - Robinson's attitude has been questioned at times - it could be that there's been an incident, or that Levein Neilson has decided that he doesn't rate them. In Robinson's case, he might be on a decent wage, and we think we can get better value from another player. It could also be that they've been complaining about not getting games, and they've been told to eff off, or that there is interest from other clubs, and Hearts don't want to stand in their way. In short, f**k knows! :lol:

Aye, never saw that coming.

My guess is that if we are looking to be this development type club, we'll be looking to push Beith and McKirdy in the centre. I know that they're both young, but if they are really going to be good enough we've got to push them harder. Out wide, I believe El Hass can play there as well, and Flannigan is also waiting on the wings (zing) so we'd still have back up out there.

Personally, I'd like to hold onto both until at least January for the sake of back up to the squad.

So would I.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/scott-robinson-and-david-smith-free-to-leave-hearts-1-3520631

Hearts have told midfielder Scott Robinson and winger David Smith they are free to find new clubs.

Both players remain part of the first-team squad at Tynecastle but have been informed they are surplus to requirements and can leave without a transfer fee.

Robinson and Smith are keen to play regular first-team football but Hearts cannot guarantee them game time having signed 11 new players this summer. Hearts have strong competition in most positions and are prepared to release both players immediately if they can find new clubs.

Robinson is 22 and is in the final year of his contract having joined Hearts as a youth player eight years ago. He has made more than 100 first-team appearances but now finds himself behind Morgaro Gomis, Prince Buaben and Jason Holt in the pecking order for central midfield berths, with teenagers Angus Beith and Sean McKirdy emerging from the Riccarton youth academy.

Smith, 21, is also out of contract at the end of the season. He has been at Tynecastle since the age of ten and has played more than 50 first-team matches having spent time on loan at Raith Rovers. He has Sam Nicholson, Billy King and Jamie Walker competing for places on the wings and also young Nathan Flanagan pushing through from the youths.

Time is running out for Robinson and Smith to arrange moves before the summer transfer window closes on Monday.

Both players have consulted their agents since being told they are free to go and the search is now on for them to find new clubs.

Hearts have said they are happy for both to remain part of their first-team squad until they can negotiate their exits.

Surprised at both of them being told they can leave considering they're probably first choice reserves in their respective positions at the moment.

I quite like Robinson though he's always had a bit of a hard time from Hearts fans, suffered from the Csaba reign as one of those players that didn't really have a position and was then tried out all over the park. From then on no matter which position he played you'd have fans moaning at him for playing too deep or too high up the pitch, I'm still not even sure which position he considers himself as. Came across as a bit of a petulant wee dick at the start of last season though.

I mentioned in another thread I rate Smith higher than Walker so more gutted at this. Has everything that Walker does IMO but with a greater physicality about himself rather than chucking himself to the floor, suppose if El Hass is about ready to start playing he'll be competing with Walker for that spot. Still seems harsh on Smith.

Can't actually remember the last time I was disappointed about players potentially leaving the club, shows the progress we've made from a year ago.

Edited by GorgieRoad