Heart of Midlothian 2014-

That's a good signing tbf.

I find that hard to say. He didn't have a 90 minute game with Groningen for months. He was seen as a talent at one point in the past, but so far has failed to live up to that promise at his different clubs. He got suspended at Groningen last season for being overweight. He has been struggling with his fitness throughout his career, but last season was a low in that respect. Perhaps a new challenge will provide the motivation to get his fitness back on track.

Then again, he was - at times - a useful player at his first season at Groningen, although he never was a 'big' goal scorer. He got 7 goals from a total of 42 Groningen appearances. He mostly was of use as the target man in the passing game (hard to translate to English), which I think is a rather typical Dutch style of play and I wonder what he has to bring to table in that respect in Scotland.

The Scottish game in general is more physical challenging than the Dutch (not sure if that also goes for the Championship though), and although it seems he has a lot of physique, I doubt it will be the right kind.

Its interesting to see what's going to happen with him at Hearts.

Edited by Cruoninga

I find that hard to say. He didn't have a 90 minute game with Groningen for months. He was seen as a talent at one point in the past, but so far has failed to live up to that promise at his different clubs. He got suspended at Groningen last season for being overweight. He has been struggling with his fitness throughout his career, but last season was a low in that respect. Perhaps a new challenge will provide the motivation to get his fitness back on track.

Then again, he was - at times - a useful player at his first season at Groningen, although he never was a 'big' goal scorer. He got 7 goals from a total of 42 Groningen appearances. He mostly was of use as the front man in the passing game (hard to translate to English), which I think is a rather typical Dutch style of play and I wonder what he has to bring to table in that respect in Scotland.

The Scottish game in general is more physical challenging than the Dutch (not sure if that also goes for the Championship though), and although it seems he has a lot of physique, I doubt it will be the right kind.

Its interesting to see what's going to happen with him at Hearts.

Phenomenal 4 months which will culminate in him getting the Golden Boot.

This is now the third player from the Dutch league that Hearts bring in since last summer, after Öztürk and El Hassnaoui.

They recently have based a scout over here?

Edited by Cruoninga

This is now the third player from the Dutch league that Hearts bring in since last summer, after Öztürk and El Hassnaoui.

They recently have based a scout over here?

Mark De Vries recommended the first two as he's still close to Levein. I'd imagine he had a role in this one as well.

Then again, he was - at times - a useful player at his first season at Groningen, although he never was a 'big' goal scorer. He got 7 goals from a total of 42 Groningen appearances. He mostly was of use as the target man in the passing game (hard to translate to English), which I think is a rather typical Dutch style of play and I wonder what he has to bring to table in that respect in Scotland.

We don't particularly need a goalscorer but we do really need someone who can hold the ball up to get us playing further up the pitch and bring our other attackers into play. If he can do that for us then he'll bring plenty to the table.

I'm not sure if this is what you're alluding to, but launching balls at head height is not generally part of our game plan (unless we've run out of ideas). None of our other strikers can jump anyway so it wouldn't be a particularly fruitful tactic.

We don't particularly need a goalscorer but we do really need someone who can hold the ball up to get us playing further up the pitch and bring our other attackers into play. If he can do that for us then he'll bring plenty to the table.

I'm not sure if this is what you're alluding to, but launching balls at head height is not generally part of our game plan (unless we've run out of ideas). None of our other strikers can jump anyway so it wouldn't be a particularly fruitful tactic.

He could prove perfect foil for Keatings to play off. If he gets his head down, and plays as well as he potentially could then we could have a very good pairing on our hands.

Robbie saying that he's not planning to bring any further players during this January transfer window, following the signing of Zeefuik.

I'm choosing to read from that that no-one will be leaving, which means that both Robinson and Holt, who were the biggest doubts, will be staying - until the summer, at least.

Hopefully Holt stays till the summer but several "ITKers" on JKB reckon he definitely won't be signing a new contract.

If so, it will be pish only getting a development fee for him.

Robbie saying that he's not planning to bring any further players during this January transfer window, following the signing of Zeefuik.

I'm choosing to read from that that no-one will be leaving, which means that both Robinson and Holt, who were the biggest doubts, will be staying - until the summer, at least.

To be honest, I'd have liked another winger on loan or on a short term deal just to prevent King and Nicholson from becoming burnt out.

I'd still brace myself for losing Holt or Robinson. It's the one position in the team that doesn't need strengthened. I wouldn't see the logic in losing both but first team opportunities could be limited for both.

Hopefully Holt stays till the summer but several "ITKers" on JKB reckon he definitely won't be signing a new contract.

If so, it will be pish only getting a development fee for him.

When he first broke into the first team, he seemed to have it all. Was a big fan of his and still think he's a good talent but he strikes me as being fairly lazy and doesn't look to determined to win himself a starting place over Gomis, Buaben or Pallardo, not like it's easy to do so however.

Robinson at least looks motivated, unfortunately for him though he's the worst out the 5.