Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Think it's pretty clear Holt is well out of favour now and will be off somewhere.

He's got the ability but for whatever reason he has failed to get a run in the side under a few managers and when he has had some game time, he hasn't exactly made an impression. Always good on the ball but rarely has major influence on a game.

Holt hasn't really had a run in the side, which will have made it hard for him to make much of an impression.

If it is the case that he was offered a new contract, but didn't accept it, that could explain why his opportunities have been limited.

Earlier in the season, we were arguing about whether our central pairing should be Gomis or Buaben or Gomis and Holt. Buaben has been much better. Holt now has to compete with Pallardo - a different kind of midfield player, but a better player.

The fact we've allowed Beith to stay on loan until the end of the season suggests Holt and Robinson are going nowhere.

If the rumour they are both on circa 2k a week each not surprised. I'd imagine their Agents would have been laughed at by SPL and Championship clubs and not convinced either is good enough yet (or will ever be) for big money down south.

Hopefully Holt stays till the summer but several "ITKers" on JKB reckon he definitely won't be signing a new contract.

If so, it will be pish only getting a development fee for him.

If he goes south of the border you'll get the square root of f**k all for him IIRC.

we got cash for Novikovas when he went to Poland, so we should get something, if we've offered him the right terms anyway.

Sure it was Germany.

Great news about McGhee. The first team action he's seen has really brought him on leaps and bounds. Same with McKay to a lesser extent. What a difference winning makes. Both guys have played with a real confidence and swagger this season.

we got cash for Novikovas when he went to Poland, so we should get something, if we've offered him the right terms anyway.

That could be the problem. I'm sure we need offer a contract on better terms than he currently has and I think his contract was a decent one from VR

If he goes south of the border you'll get the square root of f**k all for him IIRC.

Don't think so. When we let Arvydas Novikovas go we got a development fee after some German club took him.

Don't think so. When we let Arvydas Novikovas go we got a development fee after some German club took him.

Fair enough, I thought it was just same country clubs that had to pay a development fee.

Surely you won't get that much for Holt though? Maybe £100k?

Fair enough, I thought it was just same country clubs that had to pay a development fee.

It better be a hell of a lot higher than that given Telfer bagged Rangers 200k. Holt has played first team football for the last 3 years, and probably been at Hearts longer than Telfer was at Rangers. Would only be fair that we get more of a development fee given that he's "developed" more than Telfer has at the club.

That's what we got for Novikovas.

Most development fees are £100,000-£200,000.

We are trying to get Brad McKay signed on a pre-contact apparently.

Thoughts? Any good?

I thought he struggled last season when he played regularly but he's done well when he's come into the team this year......I'd put him behind Jordan McGhee in the pecking order at Centre Half though.

We are trying to get Brad McKay signed on a pre-contact apparently.

Thoughts? Any good?

Improved a lot this season although admittedly it's a lower level. But the competition for places and stability at the club has seen him improve quite a bit, I'd be happy enough for him to stay but he might want to play more regular than he'd get at Hearts with the CH's we have.

I think he could do a good job for you if he gets a commanding player beside him.