Heart of Midlothian 2014-

36 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

One admin, pffft, admin novices still.

In terms of having a fighting spirit to stay up I think you are, and if the Uefa threat of no CL or Europa places for anyone finishing the league early stops the SPFL from contemplating that option, then we could be looking at their plan for July-Aug to get the league finished. There would have to be a hold on the transfer window opening up, and an extension to current contracts till the end of Aug though, to ensure sporting integrity is upheld, and clubs are having to play with the same squads they had before the football shutdown. Which would mean Hearts are left with disgruntled players already on low morale, in a relegation battle.

Although Spurs lacked moral decency in sticking all their non playing staff on furlough while keeping their players on full wages, they've kept the product on the pitch happy, something Budge wont have done at Hearts with the way she has handled this so badly.

It was the same players that got us into this position.

They would then be playing to get a contract elsewhere and wouldn't impress any other club into taking them on if they weren't trying a leg.

TBH lost interest in the lot of them. Peoples livliehoods being destroyed all over the globe but they think they're immune

The notion you can just extend contracts til August to complete the season is fanciful as well.  Plenty clubs won't be able to carry etra wages that far, and what about players that don't want to sign extensions?  You can't force them.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

The notion you can just extend contracts til August to complete the season is fanciful as well.  Plenty clubs won't be able to carry etra wages that far, and what about players that don't want to sign extensions?  You can't force them.

Apparently as part of the rules somewhere it states contracts can be 'paused' if the season is suspended. So if the season is suspended then so are contracts which may automatically carry through to the end of the season, whenever that is

30 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Apparently as part of the rules somewhere it states contracts can be 'paused' if the season is suspended. So if the season is suspended then so are contracts which may automatically carry through to the end of the season, whenever that is

Would this also apply to players that are on loan? 

But that would also mean suspending payments while football is suspended

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

I've never been her biggest fan, (mostly due to her Levein loyalty) but that is another solid and sensible statement.
I genuinely believe we will be fine.

On the footballing front, It would have been an exciting few months. With the relegation battle and a Hibs semi-final, it could have ended up glorious or a car-crash.

Wage deferrals (at ALL Scottish clubs) will only boot the problem down the street.

I hope as many clubs as possible can pull through.

15 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I've never been her biggest fan, (mostly due to her Levein loyalty) but that is another solid and sensible statement.
I genuinely believe we will be fine.

On the footballing front, It would have been an exciting few months. With the relegation battle and a Hibs semi-final, it could have ended up glorious or a car-crash.

Wage deferrals (at ALL Scottish clubs) will only boot the problem down the street.

I hope as many clubs as possible can pull through.

Ann Budge has done very well here from the first statement she put out.  A lot of other club fans had a fair bit of point and laugh syndrome regarding this issue but it turns out she has led from the front.  Better to do that other than the Rangers bury your head in the sand approach.

Hope you and your family are doing ok LH through all this.

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Ann Budge has done very well here from the first statement she put out.  A lot of other club fans had a fair bit of point and laugh syndrome regarding this issue but it turns out she has led from the front.  Better to do that other than the Rangers bury your head in the sand approach.

Hope you and your family are doing ok LH through all this.

Thank you Dindz...and I say the same to you. These are worrying times for all our families.

Encouraging that Killie sound like they'll be ok too.

Stay safe.

One thing I don't understand.

Statement from the 18th of March - 

'We have asked all full-time employees, managers, coaches, players and player back-room staff, with effect from the beginning of April, to accept a 50% cut in their monthly salary'

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6

Statement from the 3rd of April - 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/an-update-from-our-chairman

'I would like to make it clear that no employee, whether furloughed or working, at any level in the Club has been asked to take a 50% cut.'

Am I just being dense here or what?  Monty Chuckle

10 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

One thing I don't understand.

Statement from the 18th of March - 

'We have asked all full-time employees, managers, coaches, players and player back-room staff, with effect from the beginning of April, to accept a 50% cut in their monthly salary'

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-1-2-3-4-5-6

Statement from the 3rd of April - 

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/an-update-from-our-chairman

'I would like to make it clear that no employee, whether furloughed or working, at any level in the Club has been asked to take a 50% cut.'

Am I just being dense here or what?  Monty Chuckle

No, I'm sure everybody is scratching their head at that bit. Might be something to do with the words "monthly salary" i.e. their standard monthly cheque is/was to be halfed but there are other kinds of additional payments made at stages of the season (even signing on fees?) which means overall pay is still above 50%

Edit1: Or maybe the detail of the original offer was always that they take a 50% cut - less any money the club eventually recoups from government or insurance? Although this would leave some high earners taking a more than 30% cut even after the governments (capped) money.

Edit 2: Right. At the 3rd attempt I think I’ve maybe got it. “Since the introduction of the Job Retention Scheme, no player has been asked to take more than a 30% reduction in wage”. So they weren’t before but they are now. This would mean however that the bit of the statement that says “ I would like to make it clear that no employee ...... has been asked to take a 50% cut” is misleading. It should read “is now being asked”.

Edited by Pet Jeden

Heart of Midlothian Football Club just need to accept their impending relegation with dignity and humility.  

The PR surrounding that club has been an utter car crash over the past 3 months in particular and an acceptance needs to be had by their supporters that they have been the very worst team in our league not only this season, but for over 1 calendar year.  They are bottom across all counts, however you try to slice and dice it.  They deserve to go down.  Dundee United deserve to come up.  Hearts need a total clear-out anyways, so I am sure a season or two in the Championship would be no bad thing anyway.  

Acht post is pointless, the relegation is happening anyway no matter what Hearts think.  

Heart of Midlothian Football Club just need to accept their impending relegation with dignity and humility.  
The PR surrounding that club has been an utter car crash over the past 3 months in particular and an acceptance needs to be had by their supporters that they have been the very worst team in our league not only this season, but for over 1 calendar year.  They are bottom across all counts, however you try to slice and dice it.  They deserve to go down.  Dundee United deserve to come up.  Hearts need a total clear-out anyways, so I am sure a season or two in the Championship would be no bad thing anyway.  
Acht post is pointless, the relegation is happening anyway no matter what Hearts think.  

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, AberdeenHibee said:

You're absolutely right, loon. In future we can all save ourselves the bother and expense of playing whole seasons. We can just play up to Christmas, then have a P&B  poll on who's the pishiest and who would probably win the league and who might get the Europa slots etc. 

btw you say Hearts are "bottom across all counts". Presumably not the Pumping Hibs Index, though?

Edited by Pet Jeden

Trying to look at this objectively as possible, I'm still flabbergasted at the praise Budge has had from some quarters for 'taking the lead' on this. Firstly, dealing with staff contracts via public ultimatum is just shite management by anyone's standards* and now that the lay of the land has changed, the messaging is all over the shop - as Falcor's post sums up.

Budge would deserve praise if she'd waited more than five minutes to announce something after gathering the necessary information and consulting with staff on a sensible way forward. 

*It may be that the 50% wage cut thing going public was taken out of her hands. If that's the case, then Hearts still 'acted first' because of shoddy management, rather than Budge's brilliant business acumen.  

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Has she really been getting that much praise? 

I'm referring to on here. There seems to have been a healthy mix of short-sighted, over the top criticism and praise that doesn't make any sense for Budge's mildly shambolic handling of this.

Just now, Alan Stubbs said:

I'm referring to on here. There seems to have been a healthy mix of short-sighted, over the top criticism and praise that doesn't make any sense for Budge's mildly shambolic handling of this.

I think she'd put out three statements so far - it may have been better if she'd said fuckall. 

Having said that, she's about to speak on Sportsound - here we fucking go!