Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Weird. The guy that ran JKB for several years - Dexter - started his own new Hearts site called talkhearts.co.uk.

Weird because all the actual decent guys that posted on JKB have joined up, and for the last couple of months, everyone has asked where they are.

Weird.

I got emptied a few days back. Wasn't even on the windup either :lol:

A lot of the kickback stuff has died down now to be fair. Only the greatest dumbfuckery will be highlighted.

I'd say as well that it's a forum,not a closed group. It'd be good to have some new members and different opinions, if there's nothing on there you want to contribute to then add some stuff yourself.

I'm one of the open and honest mods over there.

Kickback's not great. I'm sure it will get better now that its two biggest ego's have left.

Talkhearts is utter mince, mainly consisting of pseudo intellectuals that struggle to tie their own shoelaces.

As for Dexter, he is the one that banned them all from Kickback in the 1st place, quality!

A lot of the kickback stuff has died down now to be fair. Only the greatest dumbfuckery will be highlighted.

I'd say as well that it's a forum,not a closed group. It'd be good to have some new members and different opinions, if there's nothing on there you want to contribute to then add some stuff yourself.

You just need to look at the admins on .net mate. No one is awolled to criticise Hibs. One example is so many good posters (some of which I know personally) were banned the weeks after the Hamilton game last season due to the fact they moaned about Hibs.

You're not even awolled to have a laugh on there these days. They even close match threads until the game kicks off to stop everyone having a laugh before the game. Ever since Leeann set up an account on .net. Hibs.net has been funny ever since.

Edited by SOL II

I don't want to speak too much on behalf of talkhearts but I'd encourage you all to give it a chance and contribute.

One of our aims is to have a relaxed place where people can talk freely about whatever they like. If they post shit opinions then they should expect to get called on them.

It's certainly not a board for a particular kind of Hearts fan so you should come over and call out some of the pseudo intellectual shite talking you see.

I don't want to speak too much on behalf of talkhearts but I'd encourage you all to give it a chance and contribute.

One of our aims is to have a relaxed place where people can talk freely about whatever they like. If they post shit opinions then they should expect to get called on them.

It's certainly not a board for a particular kind of Hearts fan so you should come over and call out some of the pseudo intellectual shite talking you see.

I get that JKB was maybe over moderated but talk hearts is probably under moderated in a way. It just seems a bit like a bunch of school kids/naughty boiz from jkb club, not really for me atm hopefully it improves.

I get that JKB was maybe over moderated but talk hearts is probably under moderated in a way. It just seems a bit like a bunch of school kids/naughty boiz from jkb club, not really for me atm hopefully it improves.

We're trying to self moderate the board and let people learn where the line is. Had a good example of that at the weekend when someone's drunken pish was rightly rounded upon.

I do think the KB stuff is dying out, it's hopefully being contained in one thread now and as people spend less time there it should continue to decrease.

Boards only being going a few months but we don't want to force it be anything or equally to exclude anyone.

Does Doug post? If so account will be created :lol: mhaaha

I've been on Kickback for 15 years and have never got involved in any of the politics and have never fallen foul of the moderation team, past or present. I think JKB has the odd over zealous rule (being unable to name a poster until they have posted on a thread being one), but has made a large contribution to both Hearts and the wider Hearts community, there have been a few other Hearts forums over that period (Boys in Maroon, View from Gorgie) that simply haven't lasted and that is in part due to the strength of JKB.

Talk Hearts has potential, but as some of the reactions above are evident, probably wont properly grow until it ceases being a bitchfest about Kickback. It's getting there....slowly.

The mods killed it as a great forum. Many years ago it was acknowledged as one of the best fans forums around. Now it's the same people back slapping the same shite threads and rounding on anyone that doesn't subscribe to their sanitised version of the match day experience. You can't even mention flags. :)

Or Bobby Walker.

Also, the moderation goes a good bit beyond ''the odd over zealous rule' mentioned by Martin. :lol: