Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Good to see Reilly get off the mark for you guys the other night. The first of many, I trust.

This video might be a reasonably entertaining 8-minute diversion, as well as giving you an idea of the kind of goals he can score, albeit against mostly lower-league opposition. Oh, and don't worry, the image quality gets better after the first goal. Enjoy...

Good to see Reilly get off the mark for you guys the other night. The first of many, I trust.
This video might be a reasonably entertaining 8-minute diversion, as well as giving you an idea of the kind of goals he can score, albeit against mostly lower-league opposition. Oh, and don't worry, the image quality gets better after the first goal. Enjoy...

Cheers for that. Some quality finishing there and I look forward to seeing more! Took his pen well the other night but what impressed me - and everyone else of a maroon persuasion - was his work rate... the boy never stops! If he starts getting goals, he'll be a big favourite at Tynecastle!

Hope you guys join us in the Prem next year... Palmerston's one of the best away days in Scotland!

The average final points total for 3rd-6th place since the top-flight became a 12-team, 38 game league for the 2000-01 season:

3rd: 63

4th: 56

5th: 52

6th: 48

Long-term, 2nd place is very different for obvious reasons. The above is a decent guide to get an idea of what is required with regards to top six and European qualification over the course of a season, though. The cut-off at the split just to reach the top six is also going to be a little lower than the final total for 6th place.

I think we should seriously be thinking about challenging for the league. Celtic aren't that good....

Unfortunately, as happens with most teams in this league when they face Celtic, they shit their pants before they even take the field and show them far too much respect.

The fact they can afford better players doesn't really help either I suppose.

Unfortunately, as happens with most teams in this league when they face Celtic, they shit their pants before they even take the field and show them far too much respect.

The fact they can afford better players doesn't really help either I suppose.

Our record against them during Romanov's tenure was very good, relatively speaking.

Since our financial meltdown, though, it has been horrific.

I can see Hearts beating Celtic, first time around, generally by Christmas Celtics strength in depth is starting to come into effect while other clubs are suffering with suspensions and injuries so they go on a run where they charge up the league. Get that strength in depth right and theres no reason teams couldnt match them. Aberdeen would've last season if they hadnt completely shat the bed in every head to head

I can see Hearts beating Celtic, first time around, generally by Christmas Celtics strength in depth is starting to come into effect while other clubs are suffering with suspensions and injuries so they go on a run where they charge up the league. Get that strength in depth right and theres no reason teams couldnt match them. Aberdeen would've last season if they hadnt completely shat the bed in every head to head

First meeting with Celtic is through there so we'd need a hefty slice of luck to win that one.

If the league stops appointing Collum to referee these games that would be a start.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

First meeting with Celtic is through there so we'd need a hefty slice of luck to win that one.

If the league stops appointing Collum to referee these games that would be a start.

Celtic Park isnt a fortress tbh, they didnt manage to beat us there last season, be bold and dont make any mistakes and you've a real chance of winning.

And Collum is just as much an advantage as a disadvantage, of his moments of complete idiocy could go either way

Celtic Park isnt a fortress tbh, they didnt manage to beat us there last season, be bold and dont make any mistakes and you've a real chance of winning.

And Collum is just as much an advantage as a disadvantage, of his moments of complete idiocy could go either way

It's nailed on that he'll referee the first meeting between us. He'll also 100% give a penalty against us, just as he does pretty much every Hearts game he refs.