Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I'm not sure what the fuss is here. Loaning a player to help out against your traditional rival is something Celtic have been doing all season. It shows how far we have come that we can afford to do that.

I don't think there's that much fuss tbh. But if there is any from anyone, yeah pretty much exactly what you said.

Craig Wighton would be an excellent signing for anyone - as long as you don't expect him to slot right into the first team.

Raith fans seem upset that he never hammered the goals in. If they'd bothered to listen they would know that's not his game. Neither is playing in a team who hammer balls up the park all game like the route 1 merchants from Kirkcaldy.

IMO he's still finding his best position, but the assessments of his coaches at every level from Dundee to Scotland are glowing.

He still has a lot to learn and a bit of bulking up to do but the foundations are all there. I'd be gutted if we let him go.

Sometimes a loan move just doesn't work for a player.

Far too sensible a post.

I'm 'yet another Dee' commenting on a player I've watched for a few years. He's an excellent prospect. The Raith fans are absolutely fizzing and stalk the boys name about screaming 'HE DONE NOTHING AT US!'.

I don't want him going anywhere.

They liked Walker, but Holt not so much.

Wighton was fairly loved on loan at Brechin if I recall correctly. Sometimes a loan move just doesn't work for a player.

Holt was good. Walker was ridiculous towards the end of that season. Him, Brian Graham and Casalinuovo kept us up that season.

Yes, it wasn't because they were the team that (a) wanted him and (b) could cover his wages, it was because if you swap his names round it makes King Billy.

What an absolute zoomer. :lol:

Congratulations on failing your remedial reading module - I was talking about the reason why the Orcs wanted him, not why Hearts loaned him. And no one would do business with Rangers on the basis of any promises to cover wages with their track record.

But anyway, fast forward to today, & here's the reaction to today's events over at the Rangers Media forum:

Blue Thunder : King Billy!!!!!

Mols94: yasssssssssss King Billy

Moody Blue: yaaaaaaaasssssss king Billy

WeAreThePoeple1 : YASSSSSSSSSSSSS KING BILLY

And so on and so on for another twenty pages & counting.

But of course, that was never a major part of why the Orc board wanted him of all players in the first place - in a week where their hypersensitivity saw a journalist sacked because a major advertiser and Orc board member threatened the failing paper with withdrawing their advertising account if they didn't, A wee wink & nod to their "traditions" to keep the mutants happy just in case it all goes pear shaped for them again come May - imagine that. :whistle

Edited by WaffenThinMint

How long did king get?

25 - 30 mins.

That's why bigger clubs send their younger players out on loan to smaller sides, m8.

Again its appreciated plus its wound up the g&g's on social media, sectarian named player scores sectarian goal lol.

That could be an important goal in the title race.

Congratulations on failing your remedial reading module - I was talking about the reason why the Orcs wanted him, not why Hearts loaned him. And no one would do business with Rangers on the basis of any promises to cover wages with their track record.

But anyway, fast forward to today, & here's the reaction to today's events over at the Rangers Media forum:

But of course, that was never a major part of why the Orc board wanted him of all players in the first place - in a week where their hypersensitivity saw a journalist sacked because a major advertiser and Orc board member threatened the failing paper with withdrawing their advertising account if they didn't, A wee wink & nod to their "traditions" to keep the mutants happy just in case it all goes pear shaped for them again come May - imagine that. :whistle

Who cares why Rangers signed him. Only two things matter: that King gets plenty of game time, and that he performs well.

Goal aside how did he play?

Pretty well, took on and beat Falkirk players several times, seemed really up for it but will probably need a few games to settle in, also our midfield was below par today so he did shine that bit more.

Pretty well, took on and beat Falkirk players several times, seemed really up for it but will probably need a few games to settle in, also our midfield was below par today so he did shine that bit more.

Cheers.

He's been a bit of a supersub for us, never really shines when starting games but always makes an impact from the bench.

Edited by Aylo vanal

You said "they could have chosen to send King out on loan to anyone. They chose that scum." Leaving aside the fact that's blatantly not true for now, you then said "so much for refusing to tolerate anything that smacks of Diet Orcery at Tynecastle". If you're saying (as that post suggests) that we specifically chose to loan King to Rangers as some sort of proddy conspiracy then you're a lunatic, if you didn't then I've no idea what point you were making.