Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I think Muirhead could be worth a gamble. Looked decent at Killie and still only 20. If we can get him focused he might do well, if not it's not exactly an expensive outlay.

I tend to agree with that especially when you look at the risk we took on Souttar, whom we paid a fee for. That one worked out nicely thus far.

Time will tell for Muirhead, if we sign him.

Still beat you in a semi and won the Scottish cup m8

Oh look another diddy who knows the ins and outs of our budget :lol:

You realise we won the Scottish Cup a couple of years ago don't you?  :lol:  The way you go on about it you'd think it was some remarkablle achievement we're all jealous of.

Enjoy playing Morton next year

You realise we won the Scottish Cup a couple of years ago don't you? :lol: The way you go on about it you'd think it was some remarkablle achievement we're all jealous of.

Enjoy playing Morton next year

:lol:

remarkablle

:lol:

Edited by Hibeesbounce75

While Sammon isn't the most exciting signing we've made, we could get goals off his hustle - I don't see him scoring too many, himself, but he might help Juanma to get his finger out of his hoop.  (unless he just goes into a massive huff)

Muirhead could be worth taking a punt on - can't see him looking for massive wages - certainly worth having a look at him.

Obviously, you can't tell much from YouTube compilations, but Faycal Rherras looks to have a decent engine on him, and seems quite composed, so he could be decent - most likely at left back.

While Sammon isn't the most exciting signing we've made, we could get goals off his hustle - I don't see him scoring too many, himself, but he might help Juanma to get his finger out of his hoop.  (unless he just goes into a massive huff)

Muirhead could be worth taking a punt on - can't see him looking for massive wages - certainly worth having a look at him.

Obviously, you can't tell much from YouTube compilations, but Faycal Rherras looks to have a decent engine on him, and seems quite composed, so he could be decent - most likely at left back.

Muirhead could be another Gain Reilly type signing, hope he has more of an impact though. Rherras is hopefully better than Osh as you can see the panic set in when he is in the team.

Muirhead could be another Gain Reilly type signing, hope he has more of an impact though. Rherras is hopefully better than Osh as you can see the panic set in when he is in the team.

Who plays LB? Osh? Rossi? Rherras?

Osh needs to hit the ground running or he could be on his way I suspect. Missing pre-season last year didn't do him any favours.

Who plays LB? Osh? Rossi? Rherras?

Osh needs to hit the ground running or he could be on his way I suspect. Missing pre-season last year didn't do him any favours.

Rossi can play LB, but he's really a left-sided centre half.

Apparently, Rherras can play right and left back - always wide midfield, and centre back, seemingly - versatile.  Disciplined, with a decent attitude.

Totally - could actually see Muirhead being an improvement on Reilly, who has been ok at times.

Muirhead is the opposite of Reilly: talented while (allegedly) lacking work ethic; while Reilly lacks talent but has a great work ethic. 

If we get Muirhead on the straight and narrow, we could have a ourselves a player. 

Edited by CGR

Can someone get me a sour straw?

I think it is only fair to applaud those that saved the club and have continued to support the club. When the club inevitably began to crumble, supporters & investors built a strong financial foundation which they are still building upon. Dame Budge's contribution cannot be overestimated though.

Off the pitch, Hibs are also experiencing an upturn in fortunes thanks to a certain success on the pitch. It may not be as significant as the one sparked by Hearts' impending death, but Hibs' self-inflicted wounds are finally being addressed by our very own Dame. It has been a club of contrasts, where Hearts have experienced a furious rise, fall and recovery whilst Hibs have half-heartedly struggled to avoid sucking the lifeblood out of themselves whilst pissing away any promise & potential.

I will be envious when the stadium improvements are completed; the compact single-tiered stadium should be perfect for amplifying the atmosphere of the crowd. A hint of Hibby jealously pervades; the club ran into their troubles head-on and came out sprinting. We, on the other hand, have repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot whilst putting the other foot in our mouth and tried to stumble forward regardless.

I predict that Hearts will fare better than Aberdeen next season, but will not have enough to challenge the money being poursed into Celtc & StrangerDangers. 

And some water for this bitter pill to swallow:

Jammy Jam Tarts  :angry: 

Rossi can play LB, but he's really a left-sided centre half.

Apparently, Rherras can play right and left back - always wide midfield, and centre back, seemingly - versatile.  Disciplined, with a decent attitude.

Who would your defence be then? Souttar's done very well since coming in and Ozturk finished the season well. Paterson is nailed on at RB which only leave LB really.....

I like Rossi. Good athlete as well as a good player which I think is important.

Can someone get me a sour straw?

I think it is only fair to applaud those that saved the club and have continued to support the club. When the club inevitably began to crumble, supporters & investors built a strong financial foundation which they are still building upon. Dame Budge's contribution cannot be overestimated though.

Off the pitch, Hibs are also experiencing an upturn in fortunes thanks to a certain success on the pitch. It may not be as significant as the one sparked by Hearts' impending death, but Hibs' self-inflicted wounds are finally being addressed by our very own Dame. It has been a club of contrasts, where Hearts have experienced a furious rise, fall and recovery whilst Hibs have half-heartedly struggled to avoid sucking the lifeblood out of themselves whilst pissing away any promise & potential.

I will be envious when the stadium improvements are completed; the compact single-tiered stadium should be perfect for amplifying the atmosphere of the crowd. A hint of Hibby jealously pervades; the club ran into their troubles head-on and came out sprinting. We, on the other hand, have repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot whilst putting the other foot in our mouth and tried to stumble forward regardless.

I predict that Hearts will fare better than Aberdeen next season, but will not have enough to challenge the money being poursed into Celtc & StrangerDangers. 

And some water for this bitter pill to swallow:

Jammy Jam Tarts  :angry: 

Genuine question: How are Hibs fans getting on with buying into the Club, Mon Dieu?

I would start: Rherras  Souttar  Ozturk  Dr Funk

Back up: GodIsGod  Rossi  McGhee  Smith

Rherras should hopefully be primarily a left back, unless we have an injury crisis elsewhere on the field. Rossi is solid enough at left back, but offers barely anything going forward and is not good when a winger puts him on the back foot. He shouldn't need to play there if Oshaniwa remains for next season (which I'd bet he will). 

Who would your defence be then? Souttar's done very well since coming in and Ozturk finished the season well. Paterson is nailed on at RB which only leave LB really.....

Souttar has been excellent, imo, and I think Rossi is a better defender than Ozturk, but Ozturk uses the ball better.

I'd go with:

Paterson, Souttar, Rossi, Rherras

but most would go with

Paterson, Ozturk, Souttar, LB

That's if we don't sell big Calum, mind.

Edited by paranoid android

Given our disciplinary record it's not as if anyone is going to be completely frozen out regardless of who our "first choice" back four is

Souttar has been excellent, imo, and I think Rossi is a better defender than Ozturk, but Ozturk uses the ball better.

I'd go with:

Paterson, Souttar, Rossi, Rherras

but most would go with

Paterson, Ozturk, Souttar, LB

That's if we don't sell big Calum, mind.

What's the likelihood of that happening this summer?

Given our disciplinary record it's not as if anyone is going to be completely frozen out regardless of who our "first choice" back four is

That's a very good point TC! :P

How's Diggers these days?