Heart of Midlothian 2014-

40 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No - he did figure you out, which is why he pumped you three on the trot, twice ending your season, and was unbeaten in four.

Assistant boss during successful spells at Rio Ave, Valencia, and now Newcastle's march back to the Premier League and he's only 30 years old. Not to mention the regard he's held in for coaching and developing players. An extremely forward-thinking appointment.

It's an extremely Levein-puppet type appointment.   The boy's not going to get another managerial gig so he does a Neilson to get himself on the ladder.  Smart move perhaps from the former Dundee Utd under 13s manager and perhaps it will work out.  Much less of a gamble than someone experienced who might have his own views and ideas. 

11 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

He'll be Levein's assistant in a few days, amirite?

Leveins' bitch to assistant is a good upgrade tbh.  Well done Neilson for having the baws to stand on his own two feet.  That should be applauded, diddy league one club or not. 

Edited by 210516

2 hours ago, Winston Churchill said:

Back to having a manager not shit scared of the Lochend gypos.

I think we can ignore all this chat about unattractive football and "not going places", ^^^ there is the crux of it.

Chasing out a manager purely because everyone is still utterly beeling about a 5th round cup game 9 months ago thf.png

22 minutes ago, 210516 said:

It's an extremely Levein-puppet type appointment.   The boy's not going to get another managerial gig so he does a Neilson to get himself on the ladder.  Smart move perhaps from the former Dundee Utd under 13s manager and perhaps it will work out.  Much less of a gamble than someone experienced who might have his own views and ideas. 

Take it you and every other Hibs fan who can't see the potential in this move have already forgotten that you appointed your fabled cup winning 'manager' who had no experience other than putting the cones out at Everton?

4 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Take it you and every other Hibs fan who can't see the potential in this move have already forgotten that you appointed your fabled cup winning 'manager' who had no experience other than putting the cones out at Everton?

I can see there's potential in the move to be honest.  But it's a massive gamble appointing someone who's never managed bar under 13s.  Stubbs at least managed the Everton U21s, played professionally and yes, that was a gamble also. 

If there was that much potential in it MK Dons would go for IC instead but they wont', because regardless of his coaching background he's never played or managed at a professional level.  He will have Levein to preside over him though.  I wonder if they two share the same thoughts on how the game should be played though?  

Edited by 210516

4 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Cathro is hailed as one of the most progressive, forward thinking coaches in European football.

Let's have Levein as his director of football :lol:

It's a fair point.  Why not get rid of the DoF and let this progressive messiahs run the joint on his own instead of having to answer to Levein?  In fact why would he want to go from being mentored by Rafa to Potter?

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

As Napoleon said
It's better to have a lucky general than a good one

2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

If I was a Hearts fan, Cathro would easily be my first choice out of the names going about.

It would be a bit of a risk but he's a much more exciting name than anyone else being touted for it.

Nailed.  The rest are jobbers.  Cathro might be hopeless but he might be brilliant.  

24 minutes ago, King Dom's Moustache said:

Cathro is hailed as one of the most progressive, forward thinking coaches in European football.

Let's have Levein as his director of football :lol:

Spectacularly missing the bleeding obvious point that Cathro is Levein's number one guy - who else in Scotland has had the foresight to go after him?

46 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I think we can ignore all this chat about unattractive football and "not going places", ^^^ there is the crux of it.

Chasing out a manager purely because everyone is still utterly beeling about a 5th round cup game 9 months ago thf.png

Not my view - it's clear that many Hearts fans feel that way, though.

23 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

If I was a Hearts fan, Cathro would easily be my first choice out of the names going about.

It would be a bit of a risk but he's a much more exciting name than anyone else being touted for it.

Every fan I've spoken to wants Cathro - a guy with a clear idea as to how he wants to go about things.

It's a risk well worth taking.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.

I'm currently wondering if Levein only appointed Neilson because Cathro wasn't available at the time - I reckon Cathro is Levein's ideal appointment.

52 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Not me, I'm still utterly beeling about a diddy league game 19 months ago.

greggy.png