Heart of Midlothian 2014-

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

Every fan I've spoken to wants Cathro - a guy with a clear idea as to how he wants to go about things.

It's a risk well worth taking.

I'll be disappointed if we don't get him.

I'm currently wondering if Levein only appointed Neilson because Cathro wasn't available at the time - I reckon Cathro is Levein's ideal appointment.

Exactly how I'm thinking.

It would be an exciting appointment - could be a total disaster or he could do really well.

I'm more optimistic about it than the prospect of playing mind-numbing football to scrape third place and do nothing in the cups for years on end.

Not sure I understand the hype around Cathro, tbh. It all seems to stem from Ryan Gauld coming through, and him being able to rattle of "buzzwords". I'm a tragic individual so I've seen a chunk of his interviews, and he comes across similar to the 18 year new guy who's read every textbook, cover to cover, and expects everything to simply fall into place for him, as all he ever speaks in is cliches and the aforementioned "buzzwords" about how he'll create a "brand of exciting football, infused with youth development and a desire to win", when asked how he actually intends to go about it, he just passes over it and speaks about how it'll have to be the correct club for him.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I reckon he'd be a pretty poor appointment for you lot at the moment, tbh. 

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure I understand the hype around Cathro, tbh. It all seems to stem from Ryan Gauld coming through, and him being able to rattle of "buzzwords". I'm a tragic individual so I've seen a chunk of his interviews, and he comes across similar to the 18 year new guy who's read every textbook, cover to cover, and expects everything to simply fall into place for him, as all he ever speaks in is cliches and the aforementioned "buzzwords" about how he'll create a "brand of exciting football, infused with youth development and a desire to win", when asked how he actually intends to go about it, he just passes over it and speaks about how it'll have to be the correct club for him.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I reckon he'd be a pretty poor appointment for you lot at the moment, tbh. 

While you may have a point there, taking a risk on an unknown quantity who could turn out to be a disaster has to be a better option than appointing someone like Pressley, where the best possible result is mediocrity.

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

While you may have a point there, taking a risk on an unknown quantity who could turn out to be a disaster has to be a better option than appointing someone like Pressley, where the best possible result is mediocrity.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I can understand why he's being considered, and why some people will look at his wiki, read an article about him, then proclaim him a messiah, but I, personally, can't see him being a success based on what I know about him.

10 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:
Robbie let hibs win the cup, don't you know?

Actually he helped let Hibs reach a cup final

Hibs have reached loads of cup finals and it's generally been quite safe and nothing to worry about. The greatest Hearts side in history lost a cup tie to Hibs it's the kind of thing that happens

Mark Warburton is the man who let Hibs win the cup.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)