Heart of Midlothian 2014-

28 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

Defending is probably the poorest part of his game (not bad, just needs work) but he is athletic and strong so will do well in the Championship. His best asset is his goal threat. He can get 10 goals a season from RB. He's played over 150 games for Hearts, scored 35(ish) goals, capped twice, played in Europe and he's only 21. Someone is going to get an absolute bargain.

Hearing that defending is his poorest part of his game will automatically be a 'not good enough signing for Wednesday' by some of our fans. Right back has been a weakness in our team this season and it's does need sorting out in January. Seen he's out of contract at end of season which may see a possible bid made in January for him as Derby County also monitoring him. 

Just now, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Hearing that defending is his poorest part of his game will automatically be a 'not good enough signing for Wednesday' by some of our fans. Right back has been a weakness in our team this season and it's does need sorting out in January. Seen he's out of contract at end of season which may see a possible bid made in January for him as Derby County also monitoring him. 

Steve McLaren was at the game last night apparently.

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Unfortunately it's true for all terms.

Keeping them up and eventually gaining promotion would only be trumped if Hearts won the league, personally I think he's far more chance of achieving what's required at MK Dons, it's not meant as a slur on Hearts(I'm a proud fan of a diddy). just the reality of where our game is at the moment in the eyes of those further up the football ladder.

Well is it any wonder people get disillusioned?

Just now, paranoid android said:

Out of work coach Jamie Fullarton has been slating Cathro for the last half hour on Sportsound.

Get to f**k, Fullarton.

Yes listening to this.  English basically called his bluff and said his source was txting saying JF was talking pish and does take training etc. 

The old attitude of you've not played at the top level then you struggle to be a top level manager/coach! 

Just now, Heart of Northern said:

Yes listening to this.  English basically called his bluff and said his source was txting saying JF was talking pish and does take training etc. 

The old attitude of you've not played at the top level then you struggle to be a top level manager/coach! 

Apparently, Stephen Craigan was slating Cathro on the telly last night - another coach looking for a better gig.

1 minute ago, paranoid android said:

Apparently, Stephen Craigan was slating Cathro on the telly last night - another coach looking for a better gig.

One of the attractions of Cathro to me is that he isn't part of the Scottish football clique.

He has had his influences from a wider range of experiences further afield.  This can only be a positive in my opinion if he is to be the new coach. 

Just now, Heart of Northern said:

One of the attractions of Cathro to me is that he isn't part of the Scottish football clique.

He has had his influences from a wider range of experiences further afield.  This can only be a positive in my opinion if he is to be the new coach. 

It's a chance to try something different and new - might work, might not - you could say the same of any coach - even an allegedly safe pair of hands like Tommy Wright.

Wonder who this latest name in the frame is?

12 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

It's a chance to try something different and new - might work, might not - you could say the same of any coach - even an allegedly safe pair of hands like Tommy Wright.

In the frame or more look at me journalism?  Mind not that I think that's English style tbh.. You wonder if most of these journalists just trawl message boards. 

The one that sticks with me is when they say before a game of a lesser known team foreign or otherwise "we don't know much about them "! Ffs it's your job to find out!! 

I have a lot of faith in Craig . Remember the pelters handed out when he gave Nelson the job?

He wouldn't take the risk of ruining his own reputation if he wasn't certain. Also he understands the timing is so important with the new stand going up. 

I agree with this, happy to try someone a bit different rather than the usual names that get banded around in Scotland.