Heart of Midlothian 2014-

What exactly were you expecting?

'We are going to be one paced and unadventurous.  We'll be a team that will bother our arses only half the time, that I promise you.'.

That would be really funny, especially with utterly deadpan delivery, but in the current environment I don't think everyone would get the gag

Fair play to Hearts for going with a risky appointment rather than settling for someone from the usual list of candidates. Could go either way but I would like to see Cathro make a success of it and ram it right down the throats of arseholes like Boyd, Fullarton and Keith Jackson.

17 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

What exactly were you expecting?

'We are going to be one paced and unadventurous.  We'll be a team that will bother our arses only half the time, that I promise you.'.

Then off comes the mask, and Hey Presto! It's Csaba.

The thing about the Cathro appointment that interests me is that he's clearly their first (only?) choice and they've just gone and sorted out the deal in a few days.

Despite a few folk in the media trying to talk up guys like Pressley it seems to me that from Hearts point of view they've known all along who they wanted to replace Neilson. Fair fucks to them for the way they've gone about it.

Stuck in the middle.

Cathro being successful rams it right up the monster munch ambassador and his equally thick mate.

Cathro being successful means Hearts doing well.

The football fan in me hopes he does prove them wrong but the Hibs fan in me is praying he makes a rip roaring c**t of it.

6 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

This is a horrible situation, genuinely want the likes of Boyd and Grieves to be shown up for the fuds they are but that would involve good times at Tynecastle.

Hopefully he's a generally successful and innovative coach up here but he loses a cup game to Hibs and the PHMs are too enraged to enjoy any success forthwith.

The Official Feeling At Tynecastle-ometer reads a ball-tingeling 9.2: Arkadiusz Klimek.

010289309113800-1.jpg

16 hours ago, Wasps1 said:

CL making sure he has a puppet unlike RN

Will give IC 18 months and out the door 

Hearts won't finish in the top 3 this season 

Spoke to a few Top Coaches in Scotland 

One said  Cathro couldn't Run a Bath 

Let's get this straight here. A Champions League winning manager (Benitez) and a highly regarded coach in England (McLaren) were both happy to have Cathro as their assistant/backroom staff. He must be doing something right IMO.

Is one of the "Top Coaches" you spoke to by any chance Kris Boyd?

Edited by zidane's child

P&Bs very own @craigkillie just pointed out on Twitter that neither Brendan Rodgers or Mark Warburton had a professional playing career.

The best English coach at the moment is probably Eddie Howe and he had to retire early from football and became a manager young.  Maybe spending more time coaching makes you a better coach.

Edited by ICTChris

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

P&Bs very own craig_killie just pointed out on Twitter that neither Brendan Rodgers or Mark Warburton had a professional playing career.

The best English coach at the moment is probably Eddie Howe and he had to retire early from football and became a manager young.  Maybe spending more time coaching makes you a better coach.

I want Cathro to be very successful in the hope that that sort of thinking usurps the mindsets that currently pervade our game, we need some sort of monumental change to turn our game around, might as well hope this is it.

Edited by ayrmad