Heart of Midlothian 2014-

The Hertz are the new Hibs of Scottish fitba and have been for some time. Shiny new stand, balance sheets, memorial gardens, statues and a complete shitebag ethos rife throughout the entire club. This stems from the top and has filtered its way through to the support over the past couple of years. The Championship season and the first half of last season saw us peak while all of this was slowly taking hold.

I hate what we have become - just as Rangers are re-establishing the old status quo of our game. sob.png

The Hertz are the new Hibs of Scottish fitba and have been for some time. Shiny new stand, balance sheets, memorial gardens, statues and a complete shitebag ethos rife throughout the entire club. This stems from the top and has filtered its way through to the support over the past couple of years. The Championship season and the first half of last season saw us peak while all of this was slowly taking hold.
I hate what we have become - just as Rangers are re-establishing the old status quo of our game. sob.png&key=5a34663f732bf56e9b88189efcd37d610e1111dbd7d5c87988e03e44bba358ba

You have Scot Gardiner, absolute minter

I certainly wouldn't want that parasite Gardiner at my club! Cathro needs a bit of luck soon to turn things around, he didn't get it tonight but I hope he gets time and a proper chance at Hearts as this country needs a modern forward thinking coach, we're stuck in the dark ages here, same merry-go-round of washed up players and pundits spouting the same pish every week thinking they have all the answers! Look at our national team and our clubs in European competitions, pathetic. Arseholes like Boyd can gtf in my opinion and if we continually stick with the dinosaurs our game will die like them if it hasn't already

It's a pity Cathro seems like a smarmy dick as I'd be fully behind him otherwise.

Still hate Kris Boyd and his ridiculous comments but Cathro tbf, does seem up his own arse.

Hope it works out though purely so we can hopefully be more open minded as a nation in our appointments.

It's a pity Cathro seems like a smarmy dick as I'd be fully behind him otherwise.

Still hate Kris Boyd and his ridiculous comments but Cathro tbf, does seem up his own arse.

Hope it works out though purely so we can hopefully be more open minded as a nation in our appointments.

I feel exactly the same.

Although this forward thinking coach tag is a bit frustrating for me at times, I'm of the opinion that football is really quite an easy game.

Solid defence with one overlapping full back at a time, a worker and creative player in the middle, pace out wide and uptop along with a more physical player. Easy ;)

Sometimes think guys like Cathro can make it more complicated than it needs to be, afaik did he not just help with the box soccer idea and coach Gauld? Don't get the hype.

I certainly wouldn't want that parasite Gardiner at my club! Cathro needs a bit of luck soon to turn things around, he didn't get it tonight but I hope he gets time and a proper chance at Hearts as this country needs a modern forward thinking coach, we're stuck in the dark ages here, same merry-go-round of washed up players and pundits spouting the same pish every week thinking they have all the answers! Look at our national team and our clubs in European competitions, pathetic. Arseholes like Boyd can gtf in my opinion and if we continually stick with the dinosaurs our game will die like them if it hasn't already

What makes you think Cathros "forward thinking"? Other than the fact he's young.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

What makes you think Cathros "forward thinking"? Other than the fact he's young.

He's unconventional, thinks outside the box, broadened his horizons to gain experience and hasn't come through the old boys network of ex players finding jobs for their mates. Do you think he got assistants jobs at Valencia and Newcastle by pure fluke? How did Kris Boyd do when he left the goldfish bowl of Scottish football? All I'm saying is he deserves a chance and given time and fair play to Hearts for taking a punt but maybe the narrow mindedness of the Scottish football fan and claustrophobic media means Scotland may not be the best place for him to be given time prove himself as a head coach

He's unconventional, thinks outside the box

Yeah but how do you know that? It just seems like folk are projecting what they want Cathro to be onto him, rather than actually commentating on the type he actually is.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah but how do you know that? It just seems like folk are projecting what they want Cathro to be onto him, rather than actually commentating on the type he actually is.

Mates son was coached by him and he's also been involved in football and was very impressed with him. Senior players will need to drop the "he huzny played at the top level" attitude for him to be given a chance at this level. Maybe too big a job in a small pond to start his managerial career but if it had been the assistant at Newcastle/Valencia who was an ex pro would there have been the same reaction? 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

How do you know that? You've no idea what I'm projecting onto Cathro.

For the record, I like his positivity and confidence - however, from the few interviews that I've seen him give since his appointment, he spends a wee bit too much time talking about himself, and the type of guy he is - that was possibly a defensive thing against the criticism from guys like Boyd and Fullarton -  at the press conference where he'd be announced as head coach, he almost seemed to be still in job interview mode - I can definitely see how folk might get the impression that he's over-confident or even arrogant - I like his confidence, though, and I think he can get it right in time.