Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Pleasing to have him tied up, even if it's only on a 1 year deal but I imagine if Holt finds the form we all knows he's capable of he'll end up replacing him. The midfield options now look pretty solid. Sow up Osman on a deal just for his sheer pace upfront, and I think we can leave it at that.

Agree. School is still a little out on the goalkeeping situation but we can always recruit a free agent during the season if there was a crisis.

Agree. School is still a little out on the goalkeeping situation but we can always recruit a free agent during the season if there was a crisis.

Apparently we are looking at Scott Gallacher, the former Rangers keeper for a back up.

I'd probably not be against the idea of an experienced full back that can play on either side also.

My sentimentality here is getting the better of me in wanting the players from last season to get a fair chance of staying in the first team (and by that I mean Holt and arguably Carrick for his run at the end of the season), over having players of substance.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

If Sow signs I guess the starting line-up will be along the lines of:

---------------Alexander

Paterson--Ozturk-Wilson-McHattie

------------Gomis--Buaben

Walker------Hassnaoui---Nicholson

-------------------Sow

Subs; Hamilton/McKay/McGhee/Holt/Robinson/Carrick/Oliver/King

I have not seen any of the lesser known new players yet so I don't know if they are any better than what we had. Looking forward to tomorrow night now.

---------------Alexander

-------------------Sow

I have not seen any of the lesser known new players yet so I don't know if they are any better than what we had. Looking forward to tomorrow night now.

If we've got a situation where we can genuinely argue about whether Holt should start then well be miles ahead of last season.

---------------Alexander

-------------------Sow

El Hassnaoui is still recovering from a surgery from an injury that he got before we signed him (kind of makes the 'not fit yet' malark with Buaben a bit hypocritical, unless there is a genuine belief he can perform for us).

Also, Neilson seems to be favouring a 4-4-2 approach in the friendlies so far with one striker dropping deep and another off the shoulder. I'd imagine that will be the formation he will stick with for the early parts of the season.

El Hassnaoui is still recovering from a surgery from an injury that he got before we signed him (kind of makes the 'not fit yet' malark with Buaben a bit hypocritical, unless there is a genuine belief he can perform for us).

Also, Neilson seems to be favouring a 4-4-2 approach in the friendlies so far with one striker dropping deep and another off the shoulder. I'd imagine that will be the formation he will stick with for the early parts of the season.

I'd imagine Keatings would be in his thoughts as well.

I actually hate stories like this, tabloids really are run by p***ks.

Guy who doesn't have much left from football gets a job to support his family and they seem to be revelling in him having to do so. The guy had an addiction and is now trying to provide, good on him.

---------------Alexander

-------------------Sow

dont forget we could be bringing this dude in aswell ..Hearts are aiming to bolster there attacking options as they run the rule over former Ajax youngster Rafael Uiterloo ..a wee vid of him..

Pinched this from,whataboutthefrozenshares.net

Ozyhibby

user-online.png @hibs.net private member avatar697_2.gif

Join Date May 2002 Location Edinburgh Posts 3,670
quote_icon.png Originally Posted by GlasgowHibeeviewpost-right.png
Yams signed Bauben.
The only plus point of the Summer so far is the averageness of the Yams signings. They are there for the taking if we get our a**e in gear.

Pinched this from,whataboutthefrozenshares.net

It's absolutely hilarious that they're calling players like Gomis, Buaben and Keatings "Average and unexciting" while at the same time getting themselves sodden about a player who scored 5 more goals in this league than James Keatings and is 6 years his senior with f**k all else in terms of pedigree outwith being a flop in England and Dundee and another player who's ploughed down the English leagues like he was pushed off a cliff.

Even funnier that they're calling Öztürk and El Hassnaoui "average and unexciting" when not one of them has seen either of the two play football.

Edited by Hearts Daft

It's absolutely hilarious that they're calling players like Gomis, Buaben and Keatings "Average and unexciting" while at the same time getting themselves sodden about a player who scored 5 more goals in this league than James Keatings and is 6 years his senior with f**k all else in terms of pedigree outwith being a flop in England and Dundee and another player who's ploughed down the English leagues like he was pushed off a cliff.

Even funnier that they're calling Öztürk and El Hassnaoui "average and unexciting" when not one of them has seen either of the two play football.

Agree with this even if I do think your criticism of Farid El Alagui is a touch harsh........I think he's a decent signing given the Division both Hearts and Hibs find themselves in.

Who genuinely cares what the knuckle dragging element of theirs or any other support thinks? It's not exactly going to change your perception of how you see their idiotic element, so rather post a 'look how dumb some folk are, this is brand new information' quote, why fucking bother?

Kickback for that sorta' pish.

Agree with this even if I do think your criticism of Farid El Alagui is a touch harsh........I think he's a decent signing given the Division both Hearts and Hibs find themselves in.

He is a good signing at this level. If Keatings is Average and unexciting though so is El Alagui who has done not much more than Keatings at the same level and has done next to f**k all above it.

Edited by Hearts Daft