Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Thoughts on callum tapping? He was on trial with airdrie today and looked very good

Shite

Hearts fans have this condition where every young guy has to be good. Tapping was shite and in any other era wouldn't have got near the bench

Not good enough for the SPL and too slow and tidy on the ball for SPFL - he doesn't have the pace or strength to play against stronger guys.

Tapping is a decent player and got a bit of a raw deal at hearts. Your not in spurs youth team if your 'shite'. Very tidy on the ball. Dropping down a league or 2 might be the making of him. If tapping wouldn't be near the bench in any other era, brad McKay wouldn't have got passed the u16s!

Tapping is a decent player and got a bit of a raw deal at hearts. Your not in spurs youth team if your 'shite'. Very tidy on the ball. Dropping down a league or 2 might be the making of him. If tapping wouldn't be near the bench in any other era, brad McKay wouldn't have got passed the u16s!

While agree he is not poop I don't think he got a raw deal. He is had 20-30 chances to shine but never did that the way others (that are still there) have done. He is still only 21 and probably has the technical ability to improve at another club. Good luck to him, I hope he has a successful career.

What's with the abuse by some towards McKay? He's clearly a bit rough around the edges, but is 19 and for me has always looked like he's got the ability to be a good CH. He'll come on leaps and bounds with proper coaching and will be backup this season so we'll have the luxury of helping him develop without the pressure of being first pick in a struggling Premiership side.

Our squad is really taking shape now.

Some of these signings like Gomis, Ozturk and Sow would be great additions if we were still in the Premiership but to get them in the division below is exceptional.

What's with the abuse by some towards McKay? He's clearly a bit rough around the edges, but is 19 and for me has always looked like he's got the ability to be a good CH. He'll come on leaps and bounds with proper coaching and will be backup this season so we'll have the luxury of helping him develop without the pressure of being first pick in a struggling Premiership side.

It was hard to judge McKay last season, as our defending was poor all round, and we conceded far too many soft goals as a unit.

This season, McKay will be behind Ozturk and Wilson for sure, and possibly McGhee, who is a better prospect, so he might not get many chances.

We'll have a much better drilled back four, and the coaching will be better - everybody starts with a clean slate, so it's pretty much up to Brad to impress if and when he can.

Seemingly, young Liam Smith will be back up for both full-back positions.

Edited by paranoid android

Our squad is really taking shape now.

Some of these signings like Gomis, Ozturk and Sow would be great additions if we were still in the Premiership but to get them in the division below is exceptional.

I'd say it's job done.

Don't think we nee any more. There's always the winter window if we find a problem.

He is 21.

Edited by Guns Show

He is 21.

So he is, apologies, I thought he was younger.

It's a big season for him, but I stand by my point that I still think he has the raw ability of a decent centre half. Big season for him, and as pointed out it's up to him to impress. There was no defensive discipline for a large part of last season and I think all the defenders will end up looking like much better players this season.

So he is, apologies, I thought he was younger.

It's a big season for him, but I stand by my point that I still think he has the raw ability of a decent centre half. Big season for him, and as pointed out it's up to him to impress. There was no defensive discipline for a large part of last season and I think all the defenders will end up looking like much better players this season.

I think Berra was around 21/22 when he started to break into the team properly - 2005/6 I remember him coming in for Webster at the back end of the season as he was frozen out and then was a regular for 2006/7.

McKay's development may be hampered slightly by the lack of experience in the team - Webster and Berra both had Pressley to play alongside.

Like the way the team is shaping up. I'm pretty confident we can compete with Rangers on our day but worry about matching their consistency.........that's if they don't go into Admin before the season is out.....