Heart of Midlothian 2014-

If Ian Cathro had shown the slightest hint of a personality and didnt talk in cliches and riddles he'd still be there imo.

The results were terrible but if he'd went in and been a more likeable guy it would've bought him more time. As someone who doesn't give a shite about Hearts his post match interviews had me seething.

Exactly, he just looked so uneasy and out of place, I dont understand how he got through the job interview. At the start i was hoping he was a relative success, but that quickly faded after his bizarre personality shined through.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

The problem is Levein.

He seems to be a really unpopular chap in footballing circles.

Wouldn't even hazard a guess at who the next mug through the door will be, but I hope one of the first things they do is sit that shitehouse Walker down with his agent, slide a contract extension across the table and tell him if he doesn't sign it and TAFKAR can only do £1m at £50 a month, he'll be spending the last year of his contract as a spectator.

It can't be a good thing when you have to limit your options to coaches who would be able to work with whoever.

Levein thought Cathro was going to be his ace card, when he's turned out to be his joker - he's put all his eggs in one basket, and has shot his bolt.

We all said Cathro was a gamble, and, god knows, Levein likes a gamble - in betting parlance, it's cost him his shirt, and it should cost him his gig too.

That's a lot of clichés is a short space, but it adds up to a long way of saying that Levein should go. 

His interview after the draw vs Raith was painful to watch. I think Cathro would've been much better off starting his coaching career out with Scotland tbh. I think it would've taken a genuine tilt at the title for the Scottish media etc to admit that someone like Cathro was a success.

You can hardly blame the media. He was a complete disaster and a total rocket to boot.

25 minutes ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

Gary Naysmith is a promising Upcoming manager,Unbeaten in the Cup this season and 'would love' to manage Hearts 

Come get him,Please

Right type of manager that Hearts should be keeping tabs on, but the wrong time and under the wrong DOF.

Aye the first thing the new manager should do is sit Walker down and tell him to sign a new contract or he'll sit a year out of football in the stands. He'll get himself of to a brilliant start with the rest of the players :lol: 

Never mind trying to sort out the rest of that absolute shambles. Get it right up that wee dick Walker.

2 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Aye the first thing the new manager should do is sit Walker down and tell him to sign a new contract or he'll sit a year out of football in the stands. He'll get himself of to a brilliant start with the rest of the players :lol: 

Never mind trying to sort out the rest of that absolute shambles. Get it right up that wee dick Walker.

Don't see much wrong with that tbh. It's selfish b*****ds like Walker who help contribute to the 'shambles' as you put it.

Hope he gets his dream move along the the M8, M8.

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

He seems to think we need to worry about Connor Sammon leaving

No, I think you need another option up front but that would become even more of a priority if / when Sammon departs as I don't see Stockton making the step up. Rory Currie is a good young player but he can't be relied upon fully yet so that was my view of the striking situation at Hearts right now. 

Overall, it isn't a bad squad but it is lacking strength in depth atm, IMO, and that is what I was trying to get across in my article. If Hearts can add in a few key positions and keep guys like Walker and Djoum then yous will have a good season. With the squad as it is right now, I don't see Hearts getting higher than 4th. 

Obviously you guys and girls know more about the club and the squad than me so if I'm wrong with any of my opinions then let me know: I'm giving an outsiders view, I an keen to hear supporters' views. 

No, I think you need another option up front but that would become even more of a priority if / when Sammon departs as I don't see Stockton making the step up. Rory Currie is a good young player but he can't be relied upon fully yet so that was my view of the striking situation at Hearts right now. 
Overall, it isn't a bad squad but it is lacking strength in depth atm, IMO, and that is what I was trying to get across in my article. If Hearts can add in a few key positions and keep guys like Walker and Djoum then yous will have a good season. With the squad as it is right now, I don't see Hearts getting higher than 4th. 
Obviously you guys and girls know more about the club and the squad than me so if I'm wrong with any of my opinions then let me know: I'm giving an outsiders view, I an keen to hear supporters' views. 

I hadn't twigged that you were the writer

It may be that the new head coach is just the guy to turn Sammon into a genuine option but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

55 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I hadn't twigged that you were the writer

It may be that the new head coach is just the guy to turn Sammon into a genuine option but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Or girl, of course...

Sergio has handed in his CV. Bring him back.

Part of me would love Sergio to return, and then another part of me doesn't want to risk ruining the memories of yesteryear if he was to come and not be a success. 

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

We were also quite pish in the league under him weren't we?

Think we finished 5th but it was the first season where the cracks were really beginning to show financially with unpaid wages etc which wouldn't have helped matters.