Heart of Midlothian 2014-

2 hours ago, welldaft said:

Spurious rumours (as in the SUN) that we may be interested in Ross Callachan.  Probably nothing in it as the one area of the park we are overloaded is central midfield. 

I note he played 30+ matches for you last season and bagged a few goals.

Would he be a decent addition to Motherwell and a loss to Hearts or would you be glad to see the back of him ?

Cheers

I’m in a minority, but I liked him. Good at bursting forward, decent defensively ( apart from that brain-fart in the cup game ) and passing will probably be passable when he gets the confidence of being a regular starter somewhere like Miotherwell where the squad size is sensible.

7 hours ago, welldaft said:

Spurious rumours (as in the SUN) that we may be interested in Ross Callachan.  Probably nothing in it as the one area of the park we are overloaded is central midfield. 

I note he played 30+ matches for you last season and bagged a few goals.

Would he be a decent addition to Motherwell and a loss to Hearts or would you be glad to see the back of him ?

Cheers

He makes some really good runs from midfield but otherwise he can't play football, which has been a bit of a hindrance to his Hearts career.

Callachan has done well at times, and scored a few goals - sadly, it seems that he's most probably not quite good enough for this level - you never know, though.

I mind reading an interview with a guy called Crawford Boyd - we signed him from QOS and he went back to them after two years with Hearts - he said in the interview that he realised that he didn't quite have it for this level, but that he was glad to have had the chance to test himself - fair play, I think. 

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

That's Cowie away right enough: 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6889

Why don't I remember his goal against hibs? :blink:

Was he really that bland?

According to my mates people I used to shout at in the pub , he's apparently a combination of Platini, Zeus and James Bond.

He looks like a PE teacher.

13 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

According to my mates people I used to shout at in the pub , he's apparently a combination of Platini, Zeus and James Bond.

He looks like a PE teacher.

He actually looks like a Hertz fan I ken who is in fact a PE teacher - it's a funny old game sometimes - probably not this time, though.

3 hours ago, paranoid android said:

That's Cowie away right enough: 

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6889

Why don't I remember his goal against hibs? :blink:

Was he really that bland?

It’s more satisfying to think of “his goal” in that Hibs game last season as an own goal by McGinn. But at least he could teach young Oli Shaw how to get the ball properly over the line

Sair yin for Berra. All the best to him. Perhaps the most important player at the club just now. We should do without him though if the 2nd half on Saturday was anything to go by. Hughes and Souttar should manage. If they can deal with Celtic's expensive selection of players then the rest shouldn't pose too much problems.

I quite liked Liam Smith, but I don't reckon he's quite good enough - good luck to him.

Bad one for Berra - I was against giving Hughes a new contract at the age he is, and with the number of games he'd missed due to injury, but I've had a feeling recently that he could be an important player for us this season.

Haring needs to stay in midfield for now, and we need extra cover at the back, so we should stick with Garrucio and Burns for the left back position, and get another centre half in, imo.

Still got Martin and Callaghan to shift, and who knows about Lafferty?

A centre half becomes the priority now. If we're going to stick with Haring in midfield then we're pretty short in central defence despite having a huge squad. I don't think we can rely on Hughes to play every week and if Souttar gets injured then we're really struggling.

Edited by Darren

Beaton won't be happy with all the criticism of the naughties he missed on Saturday. He'll be itching to get even with the two that have made him look daft.  I can picture the scene at the Monday morning get together with the Referees Performance Director. "Right John, you were conned a few times and we had to concoct some real compliance cock and bull to keep matters between Rangers and Celtic on an even keel. Made us and you look stupid . Who you gonna get even with  ? Heads it's Browny, tails it's Naisy. .......... and it's.....nope. Try again.........nope.............try again........Nope. Once more... ...and it's.... tails ! Right , you're doing Dunfermline Hearts.

Edited by Pet Jeden