Heart of Midlothian 2014-

On 06/06/2018 at 21:26, Pet Jeden said:

Of course he's not the devil incarnate. Loved him as a player. Liked his first managerial stint with us. Took brave decisions on Budgement Day that almost all turned out to be spot-on. Steadied the ship when Cathro went and stopped us being soft as shite. But recruitment quality and scale ( and failure to hold on to some of the better players for longer ) had been very poor. He's over 4 years into his 5 year plan and talking about needing 9 players. Thin ice.

This is it, he needs to do it now. His 5 years are up at the end of the season. I think we have been patient, we have watched some amount of rubbish. 

Good luck Craig Levein.

Guest Back Post Misses

You have got one talented player in Irving. He was the best player on the pitch yesterday by a long way. Can we please just have him for the full season. His left foot is a wand

2 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

This is it, he needs to do it now. His 5 years are up at the end of the season. I think we have been patient, we have watched some amount of rubbish. 

Good luck Craig Levein.

Gulp.  People digging up posts I'd forgotten I even made ! 

I was getting pretty grumpy when we barely scraped a win at Cove and failed to beat Raith Rovers in a must-win game. But 5,5 & 4 goals have me clambering to get back on board the happy train. It's early days, but let's hope Levein can gel all these new players, build  a team spirit and positive away-day attitude like yesterday. And big Uche looks like he might be the diamond that justifies our 93 signings in the last 3 years. We're top of the leeeeaaague........We're top of the leeeaaaague.....

Fickle or what ?

Was speaking to a rangers fan about the Lafferty saga:

HIM: Why aren't we accepting the 200k rangers are offering for Laff?

ME: Because clubs don't like the old firm cherry-picking their best players.

HIM: It's the same for everyone.

ME: Is it, aye? Why would we want to sell our top scorer to a rival?

HIM: It's the same for everyone - how much did Lafferty cost Hearts?

ME: We got him for nothing.

HIM: There you go then. 

Irrefutable logic. :lol:

I think the implication must be that, because we got him for free, we should let him go fur next to fuckall.

Ah, the arrogance of old firm fans - get them tae f**k! 

I was sceptical at first like most folk, but his intelligent play and how he partners any of our front men has been excellent so far. Will probably bag himself 10-12 goals as well.

We should get MacLean to play 48 games this season including hardout gegenpressing on Hamilton and Killie's dodgy astroturf. Squeeze 20 goals and 15 assists out of the old banger and leave him behind the bins at Mcdiarmid park with 2 burst knees for RandomGuy to find.  

12 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

We should get MacLean to play 48 games this season including hardout gegenpressing on Hamilton and Killie's dodgy astroturf. Squeeze 20 goals and 15 assists out of the old banger and leave him behind the bins at Mcdiarmid park with 2 burst knees for RandomGuy to find.  

You'd break my heart, sir. Break my heart. 

Spurious rumours (as in the SUN) that we may be interested in Ross Callachan.  Probably nothing in it as the one area of the park we are overloaded is central midfield. 

I note he played 30+ matches for you last season and bagged a few goals.

Would he be a decent addition to Motherwell and a loss to Hearts or would you be glad to see the back of him ?

Cheers

Spurious rumours (as in the SUN) that we may be interested in Ross Callachan.  Probably nothing in it as the one area of the park we are overloaded is central midfield. 
Would he be a decent addition to Motherwell and a loss to Hearts or would you be glad to see the back of him ?
Cheers

Do you like those boys that work hard as f**k and run about a lot? Well, he’s just the man for you! Effort and commitment never in question.
Tbh, as he’s only 24 I’d rather keep him for now and see if he can develop into a decent squad player if nothing else. If he is to go I won’t be crying myself to sleep.

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Cheers

Not really

Not at all

Pretty much

1 minute ago, NJ2 said:

Do you like those boys that work hard as f**k and run about a lot? Well, he’s just the man for you! Effort and commitment never in question.
Tbh, as he’s only 24 I’d rather keep him for now and see if he can develop into a decent squad player if nothing else. If he is to go I won’t be crying myself to sleep.

That about sums up the type of player Robinson seems to favour.....it is all falling into place 

Not surprised by the answer (s).  Very rarely will a club tell a player he is surplus to requirements if he is setting the heather on fire !  

Still I (grudgingly) accept that our battle this season will probably be with the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, Dundee, Livingston etc.  So if he is a better midfielder than they have then he is welcome at Fir Park.

10 minutes ago, welldaft said:

That about sums up the type of player Robinson seems to favour.....it is all falling into place 

Not surprised by the answer (s).  Very rarely will a club tell a player he is surplus to requirements if he is setting the heather on fire !  

Still I (grudgingly) accept that our battle this season will probably be with the likes of St Mirren, Hamilton, Dundee, Livingston etc.  So if he is a better midfielder than they have then he is welcome at Fir Park.

He's better than Scott Robinson anyway

36 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Cheers

Do you not remember our Scottish Cup tie last season?

On 06/08/2018 at 11:12, paranoid android said:

Stevie MacLean is the Evening News the day saying 'get it right up you' to folk that had him written off as an auld codger, so that's me telt! :lol:

Brilliant. :)

Still the summer mind. A cold winter could end him, if he's not careful.