Premier League 2014/15

banana

I half agree. I still would say the EPL is the most entertaining league to watch over the course of a season.

But in terms of the quality of football I'd say the Bundesliga is arguably better.

A lot of people claim La Liga is better than the EPL but thats pish. Its almost identical to the EPL in that theres three or four top teams, theres the also-rans and then a lot of 'meh'...

I like the EPL just think it's massively overrated, it's more annoying for us though as we see and hear all the medias pish with being British. People in Germany and Spain probably don't even realise they're saying it. They maybe say the same about their leagues in their own media to for all we know

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt the people involved in the EPL actually think it the best in the world but saying it is and being positive about their league is why it gets the big TV deals ect.

We could learn a lot from them, the negativity up here about our own game is holding us back.

We could learn a lot from them, the negativity up here about our own game is holding us back.

So true, funnily enough the reason so many people are so negative about it is the fact that we compare it to the EPL/English leagues as we get so much coverage of it.

'Aye but look at that only 3k at St Johnstone v Hamilton in the Scottish Premiership whilst there was 20,000 people at Bradford and they're in England's league 1 FFS Scottish fitba is shite1!1!!!!'

So true, funnily enough the reason so many people are so negative about it is the fact that we compare it to the EPL/English leagues as we get so much coverage of it.

'Aye but look at that only 3k at St Johnstone v Hamilton in the Scottish Premiership whilst there was 20,000 people at Bradford and they're in England's league 1 FFS Scottish fitba is shite1!1!!!!'

It is shite though...

There's little to choose between the English, German, Spanish, French and Italian leagues. All are of a high standard.

Delighted with Arsenal's win today but we can't afford any more slip up's if we're to win the league as I don't see Chelsea losing more than 3 games ( including us v them).

Joe Allen :thumsup2

Think it's something like 4 games that Liverpool have lost in the league since January 1st since Rodgers came in (none this season, Chelsea last year and three in his first season). That's a ridiculous record and a terrific advert for periodisation.

:lol:

He's absolutely nowhere near the top 10.

Of the thousands of professional footballers out there, if you're in the top 50 or 100 - and Di Maria is - then you're one of the very best.

Apart from the first few games Di Maria has been hopeless whenever I've seen him. Whether that's because he's overrated or because of lvg is harder to tell.

Looks nowhere near a 60 million player on current form.

I'd agree he looks a shadow of his former self but he's delivered so many times before it's obviously a question of form and not ability.

Let alone 'unquestionably one of the best players in the world'.

See above.

Yeah there were a good few on here really precious about the idea of Di Maria being a 'world class' player at the start of the season. Were he a world class player he simply wouldn't be at Manchester United, and he certainly wouldn't be as ineffective as he's been for most of his time in England, even accepting Van Gaal being a clown of a manager.

Marouane Fellaini has been of greater worth to Man Utd this season.

You don't think there are any world class players at Man Utd?

Hate the term World Class

But if I had to pick players from United who would fall into that bracket then Di Maria and De Gea are the only 2 I'd say.

Di Maria just doesn't fit in at United

I agree. 'World class' is like a term that has no official definition but yet evokes such a powerful meaning. Personally, I define 'world class' as someone who is not just a good player in the context of Scottish football, or English football, or Spanish football etc but actually transcends all that and is a player good enough to be in a top team anywhere in the world and in any competition.

That's just my thoughts on the term though, if there actually is a definition then I'm certainly not aware of it.

And for me? Di Maria, RVP, De Gea and arguably Falcao and Rooney are all world class.

Watched Liverpool v Man City earlier and watching highlights again on MOTD2 just now.

How anonymously pish was Yaya?

How much of a lazy useless mercenary is Yaya?

How much did Coutinho show Yaya how to be an attacking midfielder AND how to put in a shift?

How pleased must Brendan and Liverpool fans be with how well Henderson, Lallana and Coutinho have stepped up and hit good form in the absence of Gerrard and Lucas?

How overrated is Raheem Sterling though?

Very pleased but don't underestimate the importance of Sterling. Ever since he was deployed as the 'false no.9' at Old Trafford the team has started creating chances again with his pace and movement up there. He's far from the finished article but he's still weighed in with a few goals. Let's just hope he finally agrees a new deal soon.

.You don't think there are any world class players at Man Utd?

David De Gea probably, but the circumstances there are obviously different. He hasn't been passed off by a bigger club down the footballing chain as Di Maria has, and will either stay with Man Utd until they're a credible force again or move up to Barca or (most likely) Madrid. He's probably among the best two or three in the world in his position.

And for me? Di Maria, RVP, De Gea and arguably Falcao and Rooney are all world class.

You're not leaving yourself much room to categorise Messi/Ronaldo/Suarez/Robben then. They simply have to be distinguished well above these players.

How overrated is Raheem Sterling though?

He is a young lad being played in a position that he has never really played until mid December last season and has been doing well and it was him that set up the two goals yesterday.

I just don't see it with Stirling. Don't get me wrong he's a cracking player and all that, but I just don't think he'll ever hit the heights he's being talked up to. He reminds me of Owen in a way.

The same Owen that won world player of the year?

The same Owen who burned out and never fulfilled that potential to his full like he should have. So yes.

Archived