Premier League 2014/15

banana

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah there were a good few on here really precious about the idea of Di Maria being a 'world class' player at the start of the season. Were he a world class player he simply wouldn't be at Manchester United, and he certainly wouldn't be as ineffective as he's been for most of his time in England, even accepting Van Gaal being a clown of a manager.

Marouane Fellaini has been of greater worth to Man Utd this season.

Di Maria's strength has always been his energy and the way he plays the game at 100 mph all the time, always trying to take players on chasing down players when not in possession. He'd occasionally run into people and give the ball away, but overall he was hugely effective. He seems to have been turned into a nothing player at Man Utd where the role he plays doesn't give him the freedom to do what he's good at.

Fellaini has only been more effective because of the way they are playing, punting it forward early and by-passing the midfield is giving Di Maria no chance and playing right into Fellaini's hands.

Whit?

Di Maria is unquestionably one of the best players in the world. He was excellent for Real Madrid for years and for my money has often outshone Messi for Argentina.

His form does seem a little iffy at Man Utd I admit.

Drugs are bad, mmkay

Have no idea why, but the circular cards irritate me too! It's as if the refs are stupid or have some sort of disability that requires 'special cards'.

Hating round cards! Think this should definitely be in the PTTGOYN thread! :lol:

A quick google search suggests it's either so the ref knows what card he is about to pull out of his pocket, or it is for people that are colour blind people.

Yeah, I've heard about them being used for refs who are colour blind. Fair enough.

Otherwise, just take both out your pocket and raise the card that applies.

I don't see how a ref can be a ref when colour blind. What if he was in charge of a game when the teams are wearing red and yellow!

1418566156448_lc_galleryImage_Manchester

A quick google search suggests it's either so the ref knows what card he is about to pull out of his pocket, or it is for people that are colour blind people.

The umpires' cards in hockey are different shapes for these reasons too. Green is triangular, yellow square/rectangular, red is circular.

It also means that if the umpire has forgotten the cards, he/she can make the shape in the air to signify which punishment is being enforced.

Carragher just called him one of the best centre backs in world football

Good to see the Man City players have been let out of the Barcelona lads pockets

Yeah thats what prompted my post. Kompany was terrific when he first joined City but he has been on a downward slide for quite a while, regardless of who has partnered him in that central defence

Archived