Will Rangers ever get promoted?

No8., on 31 Mar 2015 - 16:15, said:

It's not a blind guess. Rangers are easily the second best in this league and have beaten three teams from the premiership already this season.

They've also dropped points to all manner of Championship sides this season, including to all of the sides in the Playoff running. Even when Rangers made that easy gap in second, they were still losing, comfortably, to Hibs.

You seem to think that because you scored four goals against utter shitehawks, and beat Hibs, that's it. That's arrogant. Which is to be expected given the source. I'm a bit more level headed about it though.

And I already said if you get past the championship side(s), you'll go up. So I'm not sure why you're continuing to bring that up.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So making wrong predictions in the past, and deciding to alter due to results since those predictions. DEFINITELY not level headed.

The Hibs prediction was based on you getting beaten by them every time you played them. So in what way is that the same? And the same question goes to the Hearts example.

This is just a really stupid point. Not very well thought out at all.

They call it "The Rangers family". In this family your cousin is often also your mum and your dad is often your brother too. Tight knit, I think they call it.

hence why we will never see a **n Gerard Butler, nae teeth doesn't go far in Hollywood.

Ian Ferguson says the Orcs will be promoted, must be right.

If I can jump a couple of smaller hurdles and move on to the the biggest hurdle this year for the Championship sides is that Ross county and Motherwell have hit their best form just at the right time of the season. Unlike last year when Hibs were in free fall and Hamilton were in great form scoring 10 in the last league game. Any of the four clubs going for promotion will find it tough.

If Rangers were "easily the 2nd best" team in the league they wouldn't be 3rd in it.

I believe they are currently the best.

Doesn't make it a "FACT!" though. :)

They still need to prove it by continuing their run of good form and succeeding in the playoffs. But I believe the dark cloud around Ibrox has gone and the silver lining is beginning to come to fruition. Rangers can still salvage their goal in what has so far been an utter embarrassment of a Championship.

The tide is gradually turning and, right now, the team is more than capable of winning against any Championship team and those in lower end of the Premiership. Confidence is high and I think they'll win on Sunday. :)

They still need to prove it by continuing their run of good form and succeeding in the playoffs. But I believe the dark cloud around Ibrox has gone and the silver lining is beginning to come to fruition. Rangers can still salvage their goal in what has so far been an utter embarrassment of a Championship.

The tide is gradually turning and, right now, the team is more than capable of winning against any Championship team and those in lower end of the Premiership. Confidence is high and I think they'll win on Sunday. :)

Good luck with that!

How do you make that out? Over the last 3 Championship games (2 at home, 1 away) Rangers, playing Hibs and two teams from the bottom three, have taken 7 points and have a 8-5 aggregate score. Hearts (1 home, 2 away) playing 4th, 5th and 6th, have taken all 9 points and have an 8-1 aggregate score.

'The Best'? Did you mean simply the second best?

How do you make that out? Over the last 3 Championship games (2 at home, 1 away) Rangers, playing Hibs and two teams from the bottom three, have taken 7 points and have a 8-5 aggregate score. Hearts (1 home, 2 away) playing 4th, 5th and 6th, have taken all 9 points and have an 8-1 aggregate score.

'The Best'? Did you mean simply the second best?

In Rangers' last 3 games they only dropped 2 points and have an aggregate scoreline of 8-3 :)

That said, they've still dropped more points than Hearts so you have a point.

However, McCall has only just taken charge and in the 4 games they've got better and better. Good enough to win on Sunday? I'd say so, but if not I'll be the first to say our best still isn't enough.

Edit: Just for a laugh... could they win against Dundee United? Probably, as they've gone 8 games without a win. Since the transfer window closed in January they just aren't a good team any longer. :)

Brilliant!

A scrappy but battling and deserved win at Hibs, followed by a win at home (that briefly looked like a draw late on) against a badly struggling minnow.

That's enough in your view to make Rangers the best side in the division.

Seriously, don't go changing.

Brilliant!A scrappy but battling and deserved win at Hibs, followed by a win at home (that briefly looked like a draw late on) against a badly struggling minnow.That's enough in your view to make Rangers the best side in the division.Seriously, don't go changing.

I still haven't decided if he's a master troll or actually just a crackpot.

I believe he is referring to the fence sitting more than the balance.

Simple yes or no will suffice from you both.....Will Rangers win promotion?

I say yes and they will do so relatively comfortably now.

It's my balanced and considered viewpoint that he wishes to characterise as fence sitting, because he can then dismiss it, rather than engage in actual discussion.

I think Rangers might well now win promotion, but then, I'm pessimistic by nature.

Archived