Will Rangers ever get promoted?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading your exchange I thought I'd check what prices were available. I expected the Queens price to be the most tempting as the hype is going to be with the bigger names.

I hadn't expected it to be as tempting as Oddschecker reported

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1428762802.706372.jpg

Irritatingly however it seems to have disappeared from bet fair so I've not been able to hit that.

If they genuinely were available at double digit odds then he's right. They were a great value punt at that price

I checked again and Betfair's prices are up. I've got a tenner on Queens at 12/1

Rangers are still 7/4 favourites Hibs have shortened slightly to 2/1 Falkirk are quoted at 33/1

Rangers are 2/9 to finish 2nd.

Hibs are 3/1

For the non gamblers does that make Rangers favourites?

Hope the Sevco players aren't placing any bets on themselves.

As if our lads would do anything like that....

For the non gamblers does that make Rangers favourites?

Yes in both markets but not odds on favourites to go up

In simple terms they are priced as more likely to go up than any other single contender is...

but less likely to go up than stay down

Which seems about right

We haven't got a price yet on them all failing and 11th place team retaining its position but those prices imply that it's considered roughly a 3/1 shot

Which looks long to me

Betting patterns also dictate the market odds.

People down South and abroad blindly lump sums onto Sevco thinking of yesteryear.

That's kind of my thinking on backing Queen Of The South (I assume that's not the people down south that you're referring to)

Queens getting promoted sounds less plausible because they've not got a top flight name but in actual fact they're not significantly better or worse or better than Hibs or Rangers.

12/1 on predicting three coin tosses seemed like a good deal.

I believe they are currently the best.

Doesn't make it a "FACT!" though. :)

They still need to prove it by continuing their run of good form and succeeding in the playoffs. But I believe the dark cloud around Ibrox has gone and the silver lining is beginning to come to fruition. Rangers can still salvage their goal in what has so far been an utter embarrassment of a Championship.

The tide is gradually turning and, right now.

Best team in the Championship. :lol:

No idea as i don't know enough about Hearts and that other team from Edinburgh.

McCulloch needs replaced with a real defender, he got away with it last season but against better teams he'll struggle.

Nae mair high baws

A real manager

Some proper training and we may have a chance.

I wish i wasn;t always right.

If that pointing clown plays again i'll no be happy.

Archived