The Accies 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said in the.match thread, MAC wasn't bad but his tendancy to go in the huff when things don't go his way is incredibly frustratin

He wasn't great yesterday but he held the ball up well in the 2nd half despite being closely marked by the United defence . The only thing that annoyed me with his performance was the amount of times he was caught in an offside position

MAC has proven that he fits our system; he has been an effective striker on two of the occasions we have been in the SPL, so I am not sure what Accies fans want - other than Stevie May back ?

As a lone striker he has got to try and play right on the shoulder of defenders so he will get caught off side - sometimes his fault sometimes not. So we could bring in a 'better' player but he might not suit.

He wasn't great yesterday but he held the ball up well in the 2nd half despite being closely marked by the United defence . The only thing that annoyed me with his performance was the amount of times he was caught in an offside position

I would agree with that, he is constantly being caught offside. I think keeping him on but bringing on Brophy a bit earlier could work. Hes expected to do far to much work on his own.

Mac ain't an issue for me JR is defo a big concern, he is a poor mans Alex Neil and was shocking last night. He is injury prone and some one I would let go when his contract is up. But we need a holding midfilder in now.

What do we do as a club now? A few players in and push for the tour etc or start to blood kids for next year? Would like to be a fly on the wall at the board meeting on Friday.

Has to be Europe as it can still be done. The youngsters will get their chance during the run in as well so these two things are compatible.

I saw someone mention on the "We are Hamilton" FB page that they'd like to see Jesus play as a holding midfielder and Canning and Devlin at the back which I reckon would be a decent move as he wins headers, can defend and pass the ball well. Might be looked upon as negative (something that Levein did at Scotland a couple of times) but I'd like to see it used as it might just work.

Archived