"Scenes" moments following your team

Richey Edwards

1, Motherwell 3-4 Ayr United - The best game of football the whole game was scenes, Mickey Reynolds sorting out Pat Nevin :wub::wub::wub: - clicky

2, Hibernian 0- 1 Ayr United - Getting to our first national cup final is obviously quite a special thing even if Robbo dived :wub: - Clicky

3, Big Laurent D'jaffo scoring this screamer - Clicky

4, Partick Thistle 1- 3 Ayr United - Down you go, look at the third goal just look at it! - Clicky

5, Ayr 2-2 Kilmarnock - The late goal itself was scenes, but i would say the general SCENES of the day are covered from this point on - clicky

There is plenty more, this gets an honorable mention

article-0-0326313A000005DC-203_468x307.j

1. Raith 1 - 0 Rangers - Ramsden's Cup final 2014

So, you've got a shiney new club who have spent the past two years sweeping through the bottom two tiers spending £70m in the process and your fans are claiming that you can't wait to embarrass us on your way to a treble, shutting up our upstart chairman who ensure you didn't cheat your way in at the second tier?

John Baird, who returned for a wee spell in January, pops up four minutes from the end of extra time to plant home a rebound. Utter apeshit pandemonium ensued as we began our celebrations. Meanwhile, it took roughly four minutes for those fans who don't do walking away to walk away.

I don't think I'll ever be as proud of my team for denying such a horrible club such a diddy trophy.

2. Dunfermline 2 - 2 Raith - Division 1 10/11

2-0 down at the end of the first half and the Pars were ripping us silly. Andy Kirk missed a remarkable sitter before one of their players got sent off. With 10 minutes to go, it looked like the Pars would take our spot at top of the league. Enter Chris Smith, who gifted us a way back into the match as he dropped an easy ball to Ian Williamson for 2-1. We them hammered the Pars for the next ten minutes, before four minutes into injury time Allan Walker looped in a header to keep us top of the league. I didn't think I'd see more 'scenes' before I experienced the Ramsden's Cup final.

3. Aberdeen 0 - 1 Raith - Scottish Cup Round 5 09/10

Tademania running wild. Having been robbed of a win in the original game due to a 95th minute goal which looked offside, we then lost our captain Mark Campbell from the squad following a car-crash which kept him out for almost a year. We lined up with a left-midfielder, a center midfielder, a 34 year old defender and a right back who had the flu for our defence. We then in turn lost Johnny Russell to a crunching tackle. Even still, Aberdeen created very little and we hit the post through Darren Smith to give us a bit more belief. Midway through the second half, Allan Walker ripped Jerel Ifil for pace ( :lol: ) before squaring it to Tade who scored a yard out (he had a knack of missing such chances). We managed to hold on despite our problems to record a memorable result.

4. Hibs 2 - 3 Raith - Scottish Cup Round 5 2013/14

We'd not scored in 5 games before this and had to go to face a team who'd reached the final for two years running. We'd been beaten the week before at central park in the pissing rain. Nobody had any hope going into the game. Fortunately, our players had other ideas and we took an early lead through Kevin Moon. Hibs immediately equalised. Then we scored a rather confusing effort from a Dougie Hill header which looked to be offside, but fortunately the referee called it as a goal. Again, Hibs quickly equalised. 2-2 at half time took everyone by surprise.

The second half saw us start strong, and it paid off as Grant Anderson managed to get his head onto a Cardle cross to take it 3-2. The rest of the second half saw more and more seethe from the Hibs support. Callum Booth (on loan from them) ended up getting pelted with a lighted from one of their fans, which in turn started a fight between said fan and another Hibee. Joe Cardle didn't help proceedings by clearing a ball full pelt into somebodies face before laughing at them. In the end, the Hibs fans near our end would boo their players to get it up the pitch. Following the hoof up, the fans at the other end would boo them for not getting it on the deck.

A fantastic day out, which took all the Rovers fans by surprise. I think everybody ended up a nervous wreck at the end.

5. Dundee 1 - 2 Raith - Scottish Cup 09/10 Quarter final

I don't think I've seen us make a better start to a game than this one. We took a quick lead through a Stephen Simmons volley before Laurie Ellis knocked in a header to double the advantage. The Dundee team were top of the league and had a strong lineup with the likes of Harkins and Griffiths. We had a third ruled out before half time, when Graham Weir (who hadn't scored that season) was adjudged to be offside when he wasn't. The second half was like being in a time freeze. It was wave after wave of Dundee attack. Fortunately, we clinged on to seal a day out at Hampden and our first semi-final of the Scottish cup for almost 50 years.

Andrius Skerla putting us 1-0 up against Celtic in the Scottish Cup final, 2007.

Martin Hardie's free-kick against the wee team in 2011 to all but secure the league for us.

The subsequent week, when we beat Morton 2-0 to officially win the league.

Vanoli's own goal for Rangers (RIP) when we beat them 2-0 at East End. Crawford's volley in that game was also a moment of scenes.

When we played Raith at Stark's Park in the midst of our financial disarray, most were convinced that it would be Dunfermline's last ever game. That day, emotionally, was as fucked up as it gets.

1. Hardie's free kick against Raith

2. Skerla's goal in the cup final against Celtic

3. Nick Phinn's equaliser against Aberdeen in the cup, the subsequent replay and winning it on penalties

4. Sealing the league at Cappielow

5. Ryan Thompson's equaliser at TFS in 2012, always enjoy a goal/winning against falkirk but I remember going radio rental when we came from 2-0 down that day.

1) Paul Millar's last minute goal in extra-time to beat Ayr United in the League cup first Round 2010

2) Beating Ross County 2-1 in the first round of the Ramsdens cup 2011

3) Equaliser against rangers at ibrox 2012

4) Reaching the play-off's season 2011/12

5) Beating Livingston in the scottish cup to set up an away game to Caley Thistle in the next round.

1. Danny Lennon's goal in Munich, the full time result is irrelevant.

2. 27/11/94 at Castle greyskull, a lot of people were pissed off that a 'diddy team,' had won the cup and qualified for Europe, funnily enough the UEFA Cup qualification for winning the League Cup was rescinded within a year, look how many Scottish teams have won 2 ties since then !!!!!

3. Chippy cup against Sevco

4. 1/1/83 - 6-0 against the townies :P

5. 92/93 home 2-0 win against Dumbarton, promoted to the Premier league for the 1st time

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Peter cormack in the 83rd minute to beat St mirren in the 'Dundee United' season, we really needed that goal.

Going 3-2 up against Aberdeen in the coca cola cup in 1997ish. It was toni koumbare's debut for them and we were taking a powering from the Aberdeen fans when they went 2 up. We took the lead near the end and there were bodies all over the place after that celebration... We lost 7-3 after extra time.

Going 3-1 up against kilmarnock in the cup when templeman scored, I was knackered after celebrating that.

In the tartan tent on glasgow Green The day we were playing Brazil in the opening game of the world cup. When Collins scored that penalty I've never heard a noise like that at a sporting event before.

Rajamaki from 40 odd yards against dumbarton to win the 94/95 2nd division, what a player.

1) Sunshine on Leith being sung after we won the 2007 League Cup. Youtube hit and for good reason, a very special moment that feels further away then seven years and a couple of months. There's a bit in the video where the crowd are singing and it sounds good but quite clearly muted down, then they cut to an interview with Steven Fletcher on the side of the pitch and the fans are singing away as loudly as I remembered it. Goosebumps every time I watch that video even after all this time, our almost perma-shiteness since then makes for some very mixed feelings watching it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8

2) Leigh Griffiths winner against Falkirk. Simply the biggest swing in emotions I've ever felt and ever will feel watching Hibs. At half time we were all laughing away at what a joke we were seeing, but there was no denying we were all hurting so badly. I have mates who watch Hibs home and away every week without fail and even they were talking about whether they were wasting their time with Hibs. A lot of pish had been talked about how our club had "died" after the previous cup final but I never believed it until about half time in that game, so to come back and win it felt bigger at the time than it maybe was. Of course it made little difference in the long run as we lost the final, but regardless I'd say we needed that win. Actually Doyle's equaliser was probably better as I knew we'd win after that, but leaving out the winner itself feels wrong.

3) Humping Rangers at Ibrox, Scottish Cup edition. Too many Ibrox pumpings to choose from but this one was my favourite. Huge Hibs support, huge anger in the home stands. My mate nearly feinted after the game and I have no memory at all of the last 15 minutes, sign of a good day. I remember walking out the ground and a huge army of **** were being physically held back by a police line to stop them getting at us, by that point I could have floated back to Edinburgh.

4) The unbeatable derby. I was going to put the cup derby from last year with Wotherspoons winner in, but this was better. Last years one was far from the most important derby win but was just pure relief after spending 3 years without a single derby win. Every derby felt horrible going in to it as I knew without a win I'd have to take a slagging for another few months, so it was baws oot happiness to end that run. The unbeatable derby was better though just because it was the best atmosphere I've ever seen inside Easter Road, all four stands rocking.

5) Galbraiths winner against Celtic. Again, even for Hibs who haven't achieved much recently there'll be plenty of bigger games than this, but it gets in just for the absolute scenes. I was bricking it that we would concede a late goal and throw away our draw, but when Galbraith went up the other end and won it the away end went mental. For the scenes itself this would be number one probably, but as it's a minor event compared to the others it gets pegged down.

Archived