FAO No Voters

loyal-blue

We are not a separate and distinct people. We in central Scotland have more in common with the people of Manchester, Sheffield or Liverpool than we do with the people of the highlands or borders. If you read my post you will see I have already answered that point.

I disagree.

I have a huge amount in common with many folk in England (like you say, especially the north). But Scotland is a country in its own right. Yes we have different regions but we are most definitely a country (in my, and many others, opinion). If you don't feel that way then fair enough - that is your right. But don't try to convince yourself with the list of arguments above - as most of them are simply nonsense, and have been proved so time and time again.

For me the only reason you should have for voting No is that you see yourself more as British than you do Scottish. I would respect that

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I find it quite insulting to suggest that I have more in common (culturally, socially or ethically) with someone from Manchester or Cardiff than I do with someone from Inverness or Aberdeen. Highly insulting, actually.

I think a lot of people do feel that though - and for me that is their right.

Its one of the few reasons that I can accept for people voting No. They would have to see themselves more as British than Scottish (like H_B says - we are but a region, and not a country).

We are not a separate and distinct people. We in central Scotland have more in common with the people of Manchester, Sheffield or Liverpool than we do with the people of the highlands or borders. If you read my post you will see I have already answered that point.

^^^^is this idiot telling me who I have more in common with?

You know I've been to Manchester and Liverpool. Was called Jock in both city's.

Never been called Jock in Inverness or Newton Stewart.

I think there are a lot of folk who do think like that - but not as many as Fash thinks there is.

Purely for readability, if people are to comment on Fashanu's post either do so by referencing it or by quoting the separate paragraphs because if everyone copies the whole fucking thing it's going to be a pain in the ass to follow the thread.

He probably deserves his own thread...

Shite.

I have found the English to be one of the most casually racist countries I have ever visited, and the people when abroad equally so. This is clearly subjective, but I find being called Jock or Sweaty Sock by someone I don't know (or have just met) to be a very poor form of "banter". If you were to swap Jock with Paki, Chink or N**ger the complexion of this "banter" would be considerably different.

Purely for readability, if people are to comment on Fashanu's post either do so by referencing it or by quoting the separate paragraphs because if everyone copies the whole fucking thing it's going to be a pain in the ass to follow the thread.

Can we not just ignore this rubbish?

We dispelled all of his rubbish months ago.

I have found the English to be one of the most casually racist countries I have ever visited, and the people when abroad equally so. This is clearly subjective, but I find being called Jock or Sweaty Sock by someone I don't know (or have just met) to be a very poor form of "banter". If you were to swap Jock with Paki, Chink or N**ger the complexion of this "banter" would be considerably different.

Grow up ya feckin woosy. Whit a damp rag you are.

Yeah you are right. I should grow up and learn to embrace racism rather than be abhorred by it.

What a fucking tool you are.

Ha Ha. The wean is in the room.... :lol:

Archived