Scotlands Worst ever 11?

What about Matt Elliott,he wiz crap.

Not at all. Far worse players have been capped. Just read through this thread. There's at least ten centre backs in this thread alone who were far lesser players.

Or, more to the point, he was a dick.

If that was the criteria, Scotland's worst XI would have about 265 players in it. Unfortunately for Elliott, his reputation comes from something he did not say - at least not in the way it is often claimed.

You are aware he was out injured since start of Feb and not dropped? He had 22 appearances this season before his injury

Right. And the fact that QPR, by hook or by crook (ho ho) will be in the "big league" next season. Phillips will have a positive impact for Scotland, once he gets himself fit. I think he'll get plenty of chances at QPR.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all. Far worse players have been capped. Just read through this thread. There's at least ten centre backs in this thread alone who were far lesser players.

If that was the criteria, Scotland's worst XI would have about 265 players in it. Unfortunately for Elliott, his reputation comes from something he did not say - at least not in the way it is often claimed.

Right. And the fact that QPR, by hook or by crook (ho ho) will be in the "big league" next season. Phillips will have a positive impact for Scotland, once he gets himself fit. I think he'll get plenty of chances at QPR.

Matt Elliot was a decent CB, but his attitude to Scotland was always suspect IMO. I remember him grinning after being sent off for slapping a faroese player. I know he came out and said the right things after this (Sorry to have let the country down etc), and I might well be doing him a disservice, but I reckon the whole thing was a bit of a jolly for him.

The program that spawned this thread was picking players like John Terry (iirc) for England's worst XI, so they weren't just using lack of footballing ability as the criteria. Perhaps we need a talentless XI and a dicks XI (or CCXLV)?

Glad that you think that about Matt Phillips

How ever I reckon QPR will be spending big to stay up again

And lots of players will be on the move

Phillips has played EPL before and went down

Seriously doubt that its his level up there very one dimensional player

Far to greedy who cant keep it simple,always trying to knock it past his man

Any full back or center half with pace gets wise to that fact very easily

So after that what is left in his Arsenal,any tricks up his sleeve,no not at all.

Guys only playing for them down to being a athlete his football skills are secondary.

Its not what I want from our wingers,even Anya has some tricks and skills up his sleeve.

Phillips delivery is pretty poor as well can hardly play a Snodgrass type cross on the run.

Where it ends up right on the dial or the plate for who he aims it at,get Phillips to feck

Glad that you think that about Matt Phillips

How ever I reckon QPR will be spending big to stay up again

And lots of players will be on the move

Phillips has played EPL before and went down

Seriously doubt that its his level up there very one dimensional player

Far to greedy who cant keep it simple,always trying to knock it past his man

Any full back or center half with pace gets wise to that fact very easily

So after that what is left in his Arsenal,any tricks up his sleeve,no not at all.

Guys only playing for them down to being a athlete his football skills are secondary.

Its not what I want from our wingers,even Anya has some tricks and skills up his sleeve.

Phillips delivery is pretty poor as well can hardly play a Snodgrass type cross on the run.

Where it ends up right on the dial or the plate for who he aims it at,get Phillips to feck

That's Ogden Nash, right?

Jim Blyth, championed by Jimmy Hill (his chairman at Coventry City) to replace Alan Rough in goal.

Blyth conceded a ludicrous Willie Donachie own goal at home to Wales and never played for Scotland again.

The odious Hill was livid, perhaps hoping to get a big fee for Blyth, and heaped even more bile on Roughie from then on.

• 3 weeks later...

Jim Blyth, championed by Jimmy Hill (his chairman at Coventry City) to replace Alan Rough in goal.

Blyth conceded a ludicrous Willie Donachie own goal at home to Wales and never played for Scotland again.

The odious Hill was livid, perhaps hoping to get a big fee for Blyth, and heaped even more bile on Roughie from then on.

Blyth was not completely to blame for that goal against Wales, but if you want to use that to justify your post, carry on

Archived