West Transfer Thread

White Star

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the reason for him leaving? He was a regular before this season was he not?

Yeah he was for most of this season too. Had a bit of dip in form though and not playing every week so out on loan. Maybe get his confidence back at Blantyre.

The club are delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Liam Finnigan from Petershill FC.

Decent signing, take it given he was transfer listed some money was paid? How would that tie in with the stories of money issues during winter? Not having a go just being my curious self ha.

Interesting to see how your team line up, McCann on one wing, Finnigan on the other, Deas in middle, Chris hall, Paul Maxwell Sawyers up front. Now that would be an attacking team!

If you mean Chris Cameron RRG then yes. Chris was in Sammy Johnston's Neilston side that were Super First Division Champions in 2006. He left for Glenafton in 2008 and returned to Brig O'Lea in the summer of 2013 from Renfrew.

Yeah sorry meant Chris. Is James Lennox and Barry Tulloch at you guys? Always liked Lenny as a player knew what he was good at and got on with it, gave his all every game.Great attitude proper junior player.

Aye Lenny's a great guy. A coach now at Neilston and still turns out and does a great job when he does. Keen as mustard with a great attitude. Big Barry is here too. Barry will run himself into the ground with his mazy runs! Gives us much needed width.

Decent signing, take it given he was transfer listed some money was paid? How would that tie in with the stories of money issues during winter? Not having a go just being my curious self ha.

Interesting to see how your team line up, McCann on one wing, Finnigan on the other, Deas in middle, Chris hall, Paul Maxwell Sawyers up front. Now that would be an attacking team!

Is finnigan not in to take McCanns place if he does go?

Don't think anything was paid as i'm sure i read he had bought out of his contract, Will be a very interesting line up when Maxi makes his comeback, Personaly i'd wait till next season now before involving him again

Is finnigan not in to take McCanns place if he does go?

Could very well be, no seen much of the lad so don't realy know what he's capable off, McCann certainly will be a masive loss though :(

I heard McCann knocked back Hamilton as the only offered him peanuts, any truth?

Not heard anything regarding Hamilton, Did have other trials with St Mirren and Morton just the other week

McCann had trials with St Mirren and Hamilton then with Morton the next week. Played very well for us last Saturday and hope he can keep doing that for us until end of season. If he does leave he has certainly earned it with his performances but hope he can win a trophy with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Roy have signed mdfielderJosh Flood from Irvine Meadow , ex Albion Rovers as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that some kind of deadline passed at the start of March preventing any further registration of players?

Far as i know March 31st is the deadline.

Okay... I had heard around the time that March 1st was a registration deadline in the Ayrshire District, maybe there's some kind of discrepancy between the leagues.

Archived