Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am putting 2 and 2 together here and getting 37 but I reckon the ref had something else on last night. He tries to call the game off but is pressurised by both teams to play it.

Then we play through some horrible conditions but he abandons it when the rain had gone off and there were blue skies and it was obvious the conditions were not going to get any worse.

Ref probably saw a chance to make some extra dough by abandoning the game & getting another fee on saturday.

By the way, it was the last thing the Rose team needed was another game, some of them must be playing through the pain barrier with all the games they've played recently & the knocks that come with that?

one of our players was saying last night they were glad the game got abandoned.gives them more time to find their feet before saturday.another thing.if it was as easy to change the final of the EOS final to another venue.why after the fixtures we have had to play recently was the game last night not scheduled for this saturday any way.

one of our players was saying last night they were glad the game got abandoned.gives them more time to find their feet before saturday.another thing.if it was as easy to change the final of the EOS final to another venue.why after the fixtures we have had to play recently was the game last night not scheduled for this saturday any way.

Because the EOS final was meant to be at Sauchie.

Ref probably saw a chance to make some extra dough by abandoning the game & getting another fee on saturday.

By the way, it was the last thing the Rose team needed was another game, some of them must be playing through the pain barrier with all the games they've played recently & the knocks that come with that?

Hopefully the 4 days break will be helpful - it's well deserved.

The game , according to the Sauchie guys on the gate, was postponed at some stage.

Take the point about clubs having overheads, but I still think at most there should be just a nominal charge at the gate to cover those costs & EJFA covering the cost of the Officals and paying the cost of the bus for the Rose fans.

Someone has to be held accountable for the farce or fans will tire of being taken for a ride & stop going. RANT OVER.

As somebody that did a gate for years,I was under the impression that a refund would only be due if the match didnt make it to half time.Though prices for any replayed match (cup ties)would have to be agreed by both clubs.

Arbroath confirm signing of Craig Wilson.

Been a good season for Craig as he started and was club captain at Ballingry went on to have a good season at Linlithgow and now back in the seniors...best of luck to him

Great signing if he has! For the Rose

Were you not the same poster who had a go - when I upset you over one of your favourites?? Yet your happy to make a remark about another player who you clearly dislike.

Pot Kettle

Been a good season for Craig as he started and was club captain at Ballingry went on to have a good season at Linlithgow and now back in the seniors...best of luck to him

I slightly disagree with this. Relatively speaking we've hardly seen Craig in a Rose jersey. He has been cup tied in every competition and missed the late burst of league games through injury. I hope we got full bung for him from Arbroath.

When ballingry sold him to the Rose he was only cup tied in the Scottish junior cup. Ballingry never played any other cup games prior to Craig joining the Rose and I've saw him a few times since he moved and has always played well however I must admit I think your left full back is the best in the league by a country mile excellent player surprised he has not made the step up yet

Archived