Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can the members not vote people out of the committee?

All officials are up for re-election and require a proposer and seconder (normally done en-bloc as no other candidates)

Committee - only a requiste number stand for re-election each AGM again returned en-bloc if re-standing. There are no limits on numbers on committee. So members are entitled to propose and if seconded that person in theory would then be on committee.

Most clubs would be delighted to have got to 2 semis,3rd in the league but obviously the critics,they know who they are aren't happy with that so does that mean the next guy coming in has to better that or he's getting flak as well,I've only been going for less than half a season but on a couple of occasions was on the verge of telling the snipers to get a grip of themselves,best of luck to Danny wherever he goes.

Our club/fans have been spoiled since 2002 and this has led to even higher expectations. Shouts good and bad are part of the game. In a Junior environment these shouts tend to be easier heard. People/Players forget that even a bad shout can often be a heat of moment shout or frustration - doesn't make it right I agree.

Danny Smith as with Mark Bradley are still idolised and neither would have been allowed to leave if the fans were to have a say.

it about successful not coming 3rd in the league or semi final in the scottish you see Auchinleck they got all worked out.

this is first since 9 years not one anything

calm down, its only a game!

it about successful not coming 3rd in the league or semi final in the scottish you see Auchinleck they got all worked out.

this is first since 9 years not one anything

Looking at this your glad Danny left then,wouldn't even say left,more like railroaded,get a grip,no God given right to win EVERYTHING .

Looking at this your glad Danny left then,wouldn't even say left,more like railroaded,get a grip,no God given right to win EVERYTHING .

I did say on my last post its not all danny fault but sometimes when you see there training it looks crap and here players are saying that as well players are suffering from numbers of game to play so must blame teams that voted to have more teams in the laegue and again there have many silly players given away daft goals have caused as cups end the day

There is a lot more to it than has come out and if Danny told the whole story - and I don't think he will as he is a too decent a bloke - then JH would have to go.

From what I've heard he didn't get on with the committee and a mutual parting of the ways has been on the cards since losing the Scottish. Also hear that the dressing room was lost by Smith a long time ago and the vast majority of players are not sad to see him go.

e2a - I wonder where Gilberts Fridge will end up next ;)

e2a2 - from the 4 times I've seen the Rose this season its the worst team I've seen in 5 years from them - no width and too many central midfielders to make a title challenge but I'd have given Danny another season to sort it out.

e2a3 - Dunipace also looking for a manager, mmmmm anyone know of a recently unemployed manager who lives there :rolleyes:

I think a lot of the fans judgement is clouded because it is Danny and he is a club legend. If you take away the emotion, football is a results driven business and frankly not only your results but your performances have been poor this year. The buck stops at the manager's door no matter what. As for the committee you weren't moaning when they shafted Camelon with the appointment of Danny. The sporting thing to do would have been to let him stay til the end of the season but no, they wern't happy with taking the manager, they had to shite on Camelon at the same time. They say what goes around comes around well with their treatment of Tank and Danny let us all hope they get theirs.

I read some craps on here at times but when it's about games and who did well then it's all good banter even if we tell people to f off now and again. It's a totally different beast when it's about the coaching staff or the committee so the coaching staff the team were playing 3games a week at the end of the season most of the subs were injured Danny knew this and tried to ride the storm he gave us a look at some young boys who weren't that far off it we had injuries to key players that were won't kick a ball again this season yes sometimes we played with a strange selection we also played some good football I think that Danny should have been given the full backing of the committee and given a chance but I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but it seems some committee members are too big for their boots they don't support the team on the park and hurl abuse at the team (bo'ness they were at it again) so apart from knowing f**k all and living back in the day why are these people allowed to bring such a bad atmosphere to the club I don't give two fucks what they think we hear about unrest in the changing room but this mob take the biscuit they walk over hot coals to get Danny and f**k up other clubs in doing so then bang at the end of the season they have the club in turmoil again players are left high and dry as well irrespective of what people may or may not think about them fans saying WTF I hope someone can explain to me how some of this committee have all the power and some appear to sit on their hands do they vote 1man1vote or is it all a cover up look at the sale of CW good luck to him but that wasn't done in a professional manner the testimonial another bad move I am sorry to see Danny go he was worth another season at least what was the gamble I used to think Linlithgow were a very close happy community and players jumping at the chance to play here I think that the committee or the 2/3 that appear to get their way will regret this day I also would not be surprised if they have spoken to someone and said go get some players sorry to say rotten to the core and not a good advert for the junior game sad day and another one bites the dust

I read some craps on here at times but when it's about games and who did well then it's all good banter even if we tell people to f off now and again. It's a totally different beast when it's about the coaching staff or the committee so the coaching staff the team were playing 3games a week at the end of the season most of the subs were injured Danny knew this and tried to ride the storm he gave us a look at some young boys who weren't that far off it we had injuries to key players that were won't kick a ball again this season yes sometimes we played with a strange selection we also played some good football I think that Danny should have been given the full backing of the committee and given a chance but I don't know what goes on behind closed doors but it seems some committee members are too big for their boots they don't support the team on the park and hurl abuse at the team (bo'ness they were at it again) so apart from knowing f**k all and living back in the day why are these people allowed to bring such a bad atmosphere to the club I don't give two fucks what they think we hear about unrest in the changing room but this mob take the biscuit they walk over hot coals to get Danny and f**k up other clubs in doing so then bang at the end of the season they have the club in turmoil again players are left high and dry as well irrespective of what people may or may not think about them fans saying WTF I hope someone can explain to me how some of this committee have all the power and some appear to sit on their hands do they vote 1man1vote or is it all a cover up look at the sale of CW good luck to him but that wasn't done in a professional manner the testimonial another bad move I am sorry to see Danny go he was worth another season at least what was the gamble I used to think Linlithgow were a very close happy community and players jumping at the chance to play here I think that the committee or the 2/3 that appear to get their way will regret this day I also would not be surprised if they have spoken to someone and said go get some players sorry to say rotten to the core and not a good advert for the junior game sad day and another one bites the dust

And breathe.......

All officials are up for re-election and require a proposer and seconder (normally done en-bloc as no other candidates)

Committee - only a requiste number stand for re-election each AGM again returned en-bloc if re-standing. There are no limits on numbers on committee. So members are entitled to propose and if seconded that person in theory would then be on committee.

Our club/fans have been spoiled since 2002 and this has led to even higher expectations. Shouts good and bad are part of the game. In a Junior environment these shouts tend to be easier heard. People/Players forget that even a bad shout can often be a heat of moment shout or frustration - doesn't make it right I agree.

Danny Smith as with Mark Bradley are still idolised and neither would have been allowed to leave if the fans were to have a say.

This has nothing to do with being spoiled. That makes us sound like we're all ungrateful huffy wee bairns. We weren't spoiled. The club was well run and brought in good players and has had a lot of success. The word spoiled to me makes us all sound like we've taken a short circuited route over a short period of time and chucked bucket loads of cash at a short term target and when the target couldn't be replicated, we've acted like bairns. We all remember the dark days of getting hoofed out the Scottish before Santa had dug his wellies out. We deserved that success after a period of hard luck stories. Things clicked into place.

The high expectations have always been there as we wanted the success on the park to mirror the set up off the park. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't mean we're spoiled and have taken the huff because we aren't getting our own way and won every piece of silverware available.

The lack of success this season has been due to a whole host of things going on that we'll probably never hear the whole truth about. We've allegedly got a secretary and his deputy (pick who is which one if you can) who were blading the manager at every turn and hampering him in his job that they appointed him to do. They should've let him get on with it and they should've done what they were good at. As it stands only one of the secretaries is good at what he does. I don't see anybody else on the committee standing up to be counted here and question the decision. They're all just probably going along with it.

And now, we allegedly have a mole in the team who is running back to the "secretary" and telling him everything that is happening in the dressing room. This person should be booted over the wall instead of shown the door. The changing room should be a sacred place where players should be able to say what they like without fear of a whistleblower being in their midst.

So, in the space of a few months, two club legends have been shat on and if you go back to last year, a third also. Poor show.

Are the powers that be giving a toss that they've pissed most of the supporters off and almost all of a group who donates a large some of money each season? I won't hold my breath.

If the top men at the club didn't want Danny Smith as the manager, they should've been big enough to accept it as they were obviously out voted and get on with things for the good of the club. It's been a case of, if they didn't get there own way, they're were going to make it as difficult as possible for the manager to have things done his way. They've played a blinder in getting rid of him. No doubt they'll have their original choice lined up and then they can sit smug in their ivory towers. f**k them.

This has nothing to do with being spoiled. That makes us sound like we're all ungrateful huffy wee bairns. We weren't spoiled. The club was well run and brought in good players and has had a lot of success. The word spoiled to me makes us all sound like we've taken a short circuited route over a short period of time and chucked bucket loads of cash at a short term target and when the target couldn't be replicated, we've acted like bairns. We all remember the dark days of getting hoofed out the Scottish before Santa had dug his wellies out. We deserved that success after a period of hard luck stories. Things clicked into place.

The high expectations have always been there as we wanted the success on the park to mirror the set up off the park. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't mean we're spoiled and have taken the huff because we aren't getting our own way and won every piece of silverware available.

The lack of success this season has been due to a whole host of things going on that we'll probably never hear the whole truth about. We've allegedly got a secretary and his deputy (pick who is which one if you can) who were blading the manager at every turn and hampering him in his job that they appointed him to do. They should've let him get on with it and they should've done what they were good at. As it stands only one of the secretaries is good at what he does. I don't see anybody else on the committee standing up to be counted here and question the decision. They're all just probably going along with it.

And now, we allegedly have a mole in the team who is running back to the "secretary" and telling him everything that is happening in the dressing room. This person should be booted over the wall instead of shown the door. The changing room should be a sacred place where players should be able to say what they like without fear of a whistleblower being in their midst.

So, in the space of a few months, two club legends have been shat on and if you go back to last year, a third also. Poor show.

Are the powers that be giving a toss that they've pissed most of the supporters off and almost all of a group who donates a large some of money each season? I won't hold my breath.

If the top men at the club didn't want Danny Smith as the manager, they should've been big enough to accept it as they were obviously out voted and get on with things for the good of the club. It's been a case of, if they didn't get there own way, they're were going to make it as difficult as possible for the manager to have things done his way. They've played a blinder in getting rid of him. No doubt they'll have their original choice lined up and then they can sit smug in their ivory towers. f**k them.

I'm going to print that off and put it on the notice board.????

A few folk have said that Coughlin has already been scouting for players for next season and has been for a good few weeks..

I am not sure it is the worst decision in our history but the manner in which it was done is what is wrong. JH has been in the job for 5 mins and has managed to conspire against Mark Bradley and Danny Smith.

There is a lot more to it than has come out and if Danny told the whole story - and I don't think he will as he is a too decent a bloke - then JH would have to go.

hearing,along with somebody else.but there will be loads of speculating going on now.BB ;)

On past experience Committee member's are elected to do selective jobs at a football club and as long as it stays that way all is normally rosie. But when certain members of that football club want to make decisions outwith the role that they are performing undoubtedly trouble is looming. From what I have read that seems to be a problem at Linlithgow Manager's should be allowed to manage the football side of the club as that is the role they perform if for any reason the Committee want to have an input into that role then the applicant should be told this before accepting the management position.Last year I had a chat with a linlithgow rose fan and poster after Bradley departed and he genuinely felt sick as to the way he left and now the Man that replaced him has basically went the same way.Something has to change dramatically before a new appointment is made IMO

A find it shite that committee men that work hard for there club are getting slaughtered on here they have gave him enough funds to bring in a lot off good players ie Kelbie Batchy King etc . To be honest its been a shit season for yous and its only going to get better until you weed out the trouble makers the same ones that got Braddley his lot

Archived