Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully my last post on here cos I normally don't like coming on other teams threads. Just watched Paul's video, excellent as usual. Bearing in mind that it was mostly rose supporters who were near Paul, extremely disappointed to hear some clown shout 'ya sp**tic ya' at a player, though he seemed to get shot down in flames by others nearby. Comments please rosey posey and sponsors laddie? Sounds to me like a rose supporter has had far too much to drink, although that ain't any sort of excuse for such a comment. P.S the alleged bucky brigade were about 20 yards away so don't try the easy blame game that you enjoy so much

I've desperately tried not to become embroiled in this but seriously? I mean seriously? You think any of ours would shout something like that at one of our own players? Moreso when we've a laddie along with us who has learning difficulties? I'm sorry champ but that's not come from a rose fan. It's very evidently aimed at a rose player and when you hear that being shouted at a footballer it's invariably an opposition supporter.

I'll leave it at that and fervently hope that it is a long, long time before we meet Largs Thistle again. Not because they don't have good people at the club, they clearly do and we met some yesterday. But if you're going to try attributing stuff like this to Linlithgow supporters when clearly the huge bulk of the background noise is from those of a Largs persuasion then you're deluded. And Barrfields_Largs, you're a fuckin disgrace to your club. No wonder they launched at you and your pals last season.

Unfortunately, check the thread. You guys have differences of opinion bout your players, some are condemned, some are treated like messiahs. Why is it beyond belief that one of your guys said the obnoxious stuff? Oh, cos it's Largs and they're easy targets

Because if you listen to the background noise, most if not all is from Largs. And whilst the shout may not have come from the group with the drink, why would you count them out when they are perfectly audible throughout the rest of the game? There is only a single Linlithgow voice on that recording in the second half and it wouldn't take a genius to work out who that was as he's audible for miles around when he's at the game. And it wasn't him. I think you chaps have just about embarassed your club enough on here but feel free to keep digging.

Aint no memory problems here. Wee (or big, absolutely no idea cos I've not stalked him) sponsors laddie accused me and others of pelting rose supporters with coins. Loadaeshite. The Theesel support were then accused of axe murdering some child (or bairn in your language), more loadaeshite. Yesterday is the next accusations, more loadaeshite

I was in Largs over the weekend and decided to take some family members along to this match. The match itself was decent enough for a neutral looking in , i can think of worse ways to spend a couple of hours.

I was near the Largs supporters in question and though they were how can i put this a touch ' irritating ' at no point did i feel intimidated or shocked by them , certainly didn't feel the need to take my family members away from said area.

The Linlithgow chaps on this ranting and raving are going way way OTT in my humble opinion. Have a word with yourselves would be my words to you.

I pretty much agree with this. The boys were having a drink and that seems to be second nature in the west. It's something we don't see so much of in the east leagues and I'm not sure why that is to be honest. The "Barry's gonnae get ye" chants were poorly timed right enough - the only thing Barry was getting when that was sung was first shot at the showers.

Because if you listen to the background noise, most if not all is from Largs. And whilst the shout may not have come from the group with the drink, why would you count them out when they are perfectly audible throughout the rest of the game? There is only a single Linlithgow voice on that recording in the second half and it wouldn't take a genius to work out who that was as he's audible for miles around when he's at the game. And it wasn't him. I think you chaps have just about embarassed your club enough on here but feel free to keep digging.

So it was us who shouted for Barry to be sent off. Jeez I must stop drinking at games

Ach away and do one. Seriously

5dZXT.gif

I have made no accusations about yesterday as I didnt see anything that bothered me. Couple of guys having a few beers making a bit of a tit of themselves but nothing ott. Thankfully there were witnesses to the other incidents.

haven't watched the highlights yet,when did the shout incident happen ?

3:44. There are 2 sets of noise. The first is of Linlithgow supporters making the sort of noise supporters make when a player shoots narrowly wide. The second is the derisory cheer you hear when a group of supporters watch an opponent miss a decent chance. The shout follows straight on from the second of these sets of noise. And just to be clear, Sandy has it in his head that a Rose supporter would call one of their own players a sp**tic for missing a chance in a nothing friendly. On the other hand, a group of boys are sitting having some banter and a "laugh" well within earshot of the camera. It's good that Sandy has highlighted the shout because anyone who watches this through can make their own judgement on where the balance of probability lies here.

Archived