Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

I didn't make up the expression but it's supposed to mean that if you accept defeat too easily you're not really up for the fight. I agree it's better to be gracious after a fair defeat but the officials had a hand in this one and that's where the unrest came from.

There is nae difference essentially.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very lacklustre performance. Perfect opportunity to get some goals on board for when the goal difference starts to count. Foot was off the gas half way through the first half.

Had it not been for some woeful finishing, it wouldn't have been as comfy. The chances afforded to the Dale would be very punishable by a decent side.

Still. 3 points are 3 points.

Thought it was a good game, played well and deserved result

yep, some folk are really needing to take stock of the level of football they are watching

and decide if they want to watch a good junior side for a fiver or Barcelona and Real Madrid.............

game was over after 30mins. But it seems a 4-0 home win is now not even good enough

yep, some folk are really needing to take stock of the level of football they are watching

and decide if they want to watch a good junior side for a fiver or Barcelona and Real Madrid.............

game was over after 30mins. But it seems a 4-0 home win is now not even good enough

I think you are missing (what I believe) he is implying. We could have won that game by loads of goals had we kept the same standard and intensity that was on show for the first 25-30 mins. However, we only scored 1 more and started to defend sloppily. I know we are not Barcelona but in the same vein we are not playing Real Madrid, we were playing a poor Armadale side whom we could have taken stacks of goals off to help with our goal difference stats, which might become massively important given the way things are going in the league. We are better than what we showed in the last hour of the game but I am delighted with the win.

The three points was good enough for me. It always is. Would you not have preferred our boys to stick a few more in the net to boost the goal difference though? Would you agree that they could've done that?

I'm well aware of the level of football that I'm watching. I'm also very aware that the Dale are a level below us and I just think we could've produced more goals and not have coasted to the extent that they could've had it back at 3 each before we got our fourth.

The three points was good enough for me. It always is. Would you not have preferred our boys to stick a few more in the net to boost the goal difference though? Would you agree that they could've done that?

I'm well aware of the level of football that I'm watching. I'm also very aware that the Dale are a level below us and I just think we could've produced more goals and not have coasted to the extent that they could've had it back at 3 each before we got our fourth.

Creating a host of chances is good enough for me. We are not going to take them all. Gained. 2 points on Kelty today so that's a step in the right direction.

I thought we played well for the 1st half hour or so and on another day coco could have had a hat trick.

We took the foot off the gas big time after that and got shoddy at the back and gave Armadale a few good chances.

A win and 2 points dropped by kelty has made it tight at the top

Archived